Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; A lot of it had to do with just where he is at health-wise, Payton said. He and I spoke during the week. Hes healthy, and yet he just needs to get that strength back in his leg and that ...

Like Tree10Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2015, 04:36 AM   #1
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 12,333
Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

A lot of it had to do with just where he is at health-wise, Payton said. He and I spoke during the week. Hes healthy, and yet he just needs to get that strength back in his leg and that really promoted us to move Travaris (Cadet) up.

Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve - Black and Gold
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 05:05 AM   #2
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,115
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

See ya
What a waste of money that move was. Cant believe the front off fronted up so much cash for two RBs contracts with so many holes and such a deep RB rookie class
SmashMouth, Beastmode and brees84 like this.
lee909 is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 05:16 AM   #3
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 12,333
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
See ya
What a waste of money that move was. Cant believe the front off fronted up so much cash for two RBs contracts with so many holes and such a deep RB rookie class
I think the only reason the Saints don't waste more money is because they don't know how to!
Rugby Saint II likes this.
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,984
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

I smell injury settlement.
hagan714 is online now  
Old 12-31-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,487
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

Who?
hagan714 likes this.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,517
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

I honestly don't think CJ was completely healthy this season.
Danno and SmashMouth like this.
K Major is online now  
Old 12-31-2015, 10:18 AM   #7
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,170
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I honestly don't think CJ was completely healthy this season.
I don't either. He has too much talent to be invisible for the whole year.
I hope he heals up and earns that money next season.
spkb25 and mleg1972 like this.
Danno is online now  
Old 12-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #8
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,106
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

cadet looks good, really good with us right now. I'd like to keep him around

I think our offense has done better as the year has gone on. Receivers are getting better too. Oline (i thought) played their best game of the year vs Jacksonville. Strief cannot start next year, just cant. Tim looks to be playing better (at least I hope). We still need a guard or two
spkb25 is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 12:20 PM   #9
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 710
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
cadet looks good, really good with us right now. I'd like to keep him around

I think our offense has done better as the year has gone on. Receivers are getting better too. Oline (i thought) played their best game of the year vs Jacksonville. Strief cannot start next year, just cant. Tim looks to be playing better (at least I hope). We still need a guard or two
Yes we need a guard to replace Evans. Age has caught with him and Strief. Move Tim to Rt guard where he plays better. You're right, "Strief cannot start next year."
Rugby Saint II likes this.
NonieT is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 12:34 PM   #10
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,591
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Saints place C.J. Spiller on injured reserve

Originally Posted by NonieT View Post
Yes we need a guard to replace Evans. Age has caught with him and Strief. Move Tim to Rt guard where he plays better. You're right, "Strief cannot start next year."
So trade Spiller for a guard, maybe with Dallas for Collins?
SmashMouth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/76031-saints-place-c-j-spiller-injured-reserve.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-31-2015 08:45 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts