Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by halloween 65 I surely want be buying his jersey. Personally, I don't wear other men's jerseys with exceptions when I was younger being Archie Manning, Ted Williams, Larry Bird, Pistol Pete and I've worn Steve Gleason's for ...

Like Tree279Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #601
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,516
Blog Entries: 23
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
I surely want be buying his jersey.
Personally, I don't wear other men's jerseys with exceptions when I was younger being Archie Manning, Ted Williams, Larry Bird, Pistol Pete and I've worn Steve Gleason's for a fundraiser; I put my name on my jersey and pick a number for that team...

But, I believe Vaccaro gets it together this season and am expecting him to finally fulfill his promise...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #602
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,258
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Personally, I don't wear other men's jerseys with exceptions when I was younger being Archie Manning, Ted Williams, Larry Bird, Pistol Pete and I've worn Steve Gleason's for a fundraiser; I put my name on my jersey and pick a number for that team...

But, I believe Vaccaro gets it together this season and am expecting him to finally fulfill his promise...
I got to disagree with you here. Way to many boneheaded plays, bad angles, missed tackles for me. If memory serves me right I don't think the FO took a 5th year option out. I swear JP he reminds me of M. Jenkins at a different position. It took letting him leave to wake his a$$ up. The first year KV was here I thought we struck gold and not a thing to really speak of after that, nothing consistanly good that is.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #603
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,516
Blog Entries: 23
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
I never really understood that pick? Not that I dislike him but a NT in my opionion needs to be a force. Just like a SS in the backfield?
Well Jenkins taking in the 2014 draft costing 2+ picks was to be the NT and we were to have a 3-4 made sense at the time...

You would've had a front line of DE Cam Jordan, NT John Jenkins & DE Akiem Hicks...

That's why we drafted 3-4 linebackers last season and had 3 of 4 LBers being added to Hawthorne...

You would've had OLB Hau'oli Kikaha, ILB David Hawthorne, ILB Stephone Anthony and OLB/Kasim Edebali/Davis Tull...

Only problem, we didn't have a defensive coordinator who could put it together cohesively, in a playbook that would be less reading than War & Peace...

Dennis Allen, taking charge, blew up the front seven for his 4-3 school of thought; that's why Jenkins, Tull and maybe Kikaha will eventually be expendable...

But D.A. has immediately shown results, and that's what counts...

The pathetic thing is that we've wasted the better part of 2+ drafts just to blow it up and reboot this season (though DA did start the transition last year)...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:49 PM   #604
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,516
Blog Entries: 23
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:47 PM   #605
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 229
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Sure would like to know the thought that went into those decisions...

https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/stat...77590394953728
Was disappointed to see us let Ty Walker go.
hagan714 and jeanpierre like this.
MarchingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #606
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 179
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

QB: Brees, McCown, Grayson
RB: Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, Lasco
FB: Kuhn
WR: Cooks, Snead, Michael Thomas, Coleman, Tommylee Lewis
TE: Fleener, Hill, Hoomanawanni
OT: Armstead, Strief, Hills
OG: Peat, Landon Turner, Kelemete, Lelito
C: Unger, Jack Allen
DT: Fairley, Davison, Jenkins, Onyemata
DE: Jordan, Edebali, Gwacham, Richardson, Tull
WLB: Ellerbe, Stupar
MLB: Lauranitis, Robertson
SLB: Anthony, Mauti
CB: Breaux, Swann, Williams, DeVante Harris, Finnegan
SS: Vaccarro, Harper
FS: Byrd, Bell, Harris
K: Barth
P: Morestead
LS: Drescher
jeanpierre likes this.
jjasso007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:58 AM   #607
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,516
Blog Entries: 23
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

Originally Posted by jjasso007 View Post
QB: Brees, McCown, Grayson
RB: Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, Lasco
FB: Kuhn
WR: Cooks, Snead, Michael Thomas, Coleman, Tommylee Lewis
TE: Fleener, Hill, Hoomanawanni
OT: Armstead, Strief, Hills
OG: Peat, Landon Turner, Kelemete, Lelito
C: Unger, Jack Allen
DT: Fairley, Davison, Jenkins, Onyemata
DE: Jordan, Edebali, Gwacham, Richardson, Tull
WLB: Ellerbe, Stupar
MLB: Lauranitis, Robertson
SLB: Anthony, Mauti
CB: Breaux, Swann, Williams, DeVante Harris, Finnegan
SS: Vaccarro, Harper
FS: Byrd, Bell, Harris
K: Barth
P: Morestead
LS: Drescher
Like what you did Jasso, but I'd argue that CB Crawley is making the team and Turner, not so much; and I don't think Coleman is making the team either...
K Major likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:00 AM   #608
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,516
Blog Entries: 23
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #609
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,983
Blog Entries: 52
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Well Jenkins taking in the 2014 draft costing 2+ picks was to be the NT and we were to have a 3-4 made sense at the time...

You would've had a front line of DE Cam Jordan, NT John Jenkins & DE Akiem Hicks...

That's why we drafted 3-4 linebackers last season and had 3 of 4 LBers being added to Hawthorne...

You would've had OLB Hau'oli Kikaha, ILB David Hawthorne, ILB Stephone Anthony and OLB/Kasim Edebali/Davis Tull...

Only problem, we didn't have a defensive coordinator who could put it together cohesively, in a playbook that would be less reading than War & Peace...

Dennis Allen, taking charge, blew up the front seven for his 4-3 school of thought; that's why Jenkins, Tull and maybe Kikaha will eventually be expendable...

But D.A. has immediately shown results, and that's what counts...

The pathetic thing is that we've wasted the better part of 2+ drafts just to blow it up and reboot this season (though DA did start the transition last year)...
Jenkins as a 34 NT I never bought into. He was a big soft teddy bear in college with some flashes. So changing him into a nasty grizzle was never in the cards IMO.

But as a 43 NT that is possible. Starter? Year one he almost made me eat crow. So he might add some solid over paid for depth as a 43 NT.

Tull? not sure what to say about him right now
hagan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #610
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,511
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook

Josh Hill's name rarely comes up in camp.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/76615-2016-new-orleans-saints-roster-outlook.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest David Hawthorne News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-08-2016 03:24 PM 1
The Latest Khiry Robinson News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-07-2016 03:59 PM 1
The Latest Tim Lelito News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-06-2016 05:51 PM 2
2016 New Orleans Saints: Roster Outlook This thread Refback 02-06-2016 10:54 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-06-2016 10:16 AM 8


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts