Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: 2013 nfl draft REGRADE
A 7 20.00%
B 15 42.86%
C 8 22.86%
D 2 5.71%
F 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Re-Grading the New Orleans Saints 2013 Draft Class

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by SmashMouth Well, he's not on our team for one. If he were the chiznit, he'd "stills" be here. Simply because SP and Loomie applied their used car salesman skill set to get something for Stills does not ...

Like Tree21Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #31
Threaded by dizzle88
5000 POSTS! +
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,486

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Well, he's not on our team for one. If he were the chiznit, he'd "stills" be here. Simply because SP and Loomie applied their used car salesman skill set to get something for Stills does not necessarily upgrade the pick.
I disagree, we upgraded a position of need by getting Ellerbe (when healthy), landed PJ Williams who hopefully should be good to go this season and found Willie Snead who I believe is twice the receiver Kenny Stills is.
Views: 1829
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #32
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,591
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Re-Grading the New Orleans Saints 2013 Draft Class

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
I disagree, we upgraded a position of need by getting Ellerbe (when healthy), landed PJ Williams who hopefully should be good to go this season and found Willie Snead who I believe is twice the receiver Kenny Stills is.
OK... So Slick Willie was a FA we added to the practice squad in 2014 and whom eventually worked his way onto the club. Ellerbe is good when healthy but is a proud member of the Tub Club. He may be gone this year, next year for sure. PJ is part of another draft. But as long as we're counting him, the jury still is out as he's also shown a propensity to be in the same Tub Club.
SmashMouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,645
Re: Re-Grading the New Orleans Saints 2013 Draft Class

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Well, he's not on our team for one. If he were the chiznit, he'd "stills" be here. Simply because SP and Loomie applied their used car salesman skill set to get something for Stills does not necessarily upgrade the pick.
It's "re-grading the 2013 draft" not re-grading the players still on our team. Stills was traded because of his mouth (from what I have read) not because his lack of skill. He would of been a 1000 yard WR on the Saints last year. In the trade we got a starting LB and up and coming CB. KV is a really good player. Wait till this year when he has pressure up front and a better supporting cast. Armstead is a top 3 LT. Jenkins is a solid player that will improve in a line consisting of Fairly, Rainkins, Edebali, Jordan and Richardson. If you want to give out a F grade reserve it for the 2014 draft.
voodooido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #34
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,591
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Re-Grading the New Orleans Saints 2013 Draft Class

Originally Posted by voodooido View Post
It's "re-grading the 2013 draft" not re-grading the players still on our team. Stills was traded because of his mouth (from what I have read) not because his lack of skill. He would of been a 1000 yard WR on the Saints last year. In the trade we got a starting LB and up and coming CB. KV is a really good player. Wait till this year when he has pressure up front and a better supporting cast. Armstead is a top 3 LT. Jenkins is a solid player that will improve in a line consisting of Fairly, Rainkins, Edebali, Jordan and Richardson. If you want to give out a F grade reserve it for the 2014 draft.
Fair point if you don't care if they are no longer on your team. Although one would think the goal is to draft and keep them on our team, not develop a drafted player to mature elsewhere, if he ever does at all. NE has done a killing scooping up discarded players only to mold them into real good role players. Just as we did with Slick Willie, although not part of the 2013 draft.
SmashMouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:52 AM   #35
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,955
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Re-Grading the New Orleans Saints 2013 Draft Class

Now these are the grades I like to see... down the road to see who panned out. This is a real testament to how and what we have done in drafts and FA.
SmashMouth likes this.
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:10 PM   #36
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,378
Re: Re-Grading the New Orleans Saints 2013 Draft Class

Armstead is the only serious A in the group. It was about a 50/50 roll of the dice. I give the draft a B.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/77917-re-grading-new-orleans-saints-2013-draft-class.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Re-Grading the New Orleans Saints 2013 Draft Class This thread Refback 05-09-2016 09:22 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-09-2016 09:02 AM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts