Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Power Rankings Anyone?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; We're still in the top 10! http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ms-2018-week-2...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AsylumGuido
  • 1 Post By AsylumGuido

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #1
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 15,453
Blog Entries: 5
Power Rankings Anyone?

We're still in the top 10!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ms-2018-week-2

saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO VC Okefenokee Swamp
Posts: 1,551
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Power Rankings Anyone?

0-1. Tied for last in the division & NFC. Only rankings that matter.
Barry from MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 7,392
Re: Power Rankings Anyone?

Overreaction Tuesday!

Week one is the LEAST indicative barometer of what an NFL team actually is especially given how preseason is now being utilized ... or should I say underutilized. Brett Favre just agreed with a statement from Steve Young on NFL Radio that September in the new preseason in the NFL. The Saints remain one of the favorites to win it all this season and one game against a very talented offense does not change anything. And anyone calling Fitzpatrick simply a backup is a fool. He has started 75 more games (120-45) than Jameis Winston and has thrown for 177 touchdowns in his career. In my opinion he is a far better QB than Winston and may very well keep the job when Winston returns from his suspension.
neugey likes this.

AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #4
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,315
Re: Power Rankings Anyone?

We suck. Period. Worst part is we don’t have a first round pick to suck for.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #5
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 7,392
Re: Power Rankings Anyone?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
We suck. Period. Worst part is we donít have a first round pick to suck for.
You said we sucked after the first game last season. Shows what you know.

AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 11,342
Re: Power Rankings Anyone?

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Overreaction Tuesday!

Week one is the LEAST indicative barometer of what an NFL team actually is especially given how preseason is now being utilized ... or should I say underutilized. Brett Favre just agreed with a statement from Steve Young on NFL Radio that September in the new preseason in the NFL. The Saints remain one of the favorites to win it all this season and one game against a very talented offense does not change anything. And anyone calling Fitzpatrick simply a backup is a fool. He has started 75 more games (120-45) than Jameis Winston and has thrown for 177 touchdowns in his career. In my opinion he is a far better QB than Winston and may very well keep the job when Winston returns from his suspension.
This is actually very true. I remember when the bills beat up on the pats week 1 after they dealt bledsoe. They got destroyed by Buffalo and ended up winning like 13 games.

That said, we are weak at d-tackle and remains to be seen if we can fix this sweltering stench box
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
The Professor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lithonia, GA
Posts: 2,116
Re: Power Rankings Anyone?

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
0-1. Tied for last in the division & NFC. Only rankings that matter.
Not tied for last. Last, period. We're the only team in the division with a division loss.

Maybe in a month it won't matter. But is sure sucks right now.

SFIAH
SaintFanInATLHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 7,392
Re: Power Rankings Anyone?

Originally Posted by SaintFanInATLHELL View Post
Not tied for last. Last, period. We're the only team in the division with a division loss.

Maybe in a month it won't matter. But is sure sucks right now.

SFIAH
And, yet, we are only one game out of first.
rezburna likes this.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/90125-power-rankings-anyone.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Power Rankings Anyone? This thread Refback 09-11-2018 10:12 AM 2
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 09-11-2018 09:58 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts