Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Per NFL source ... Ian Rapoport If accurate, this is a good move at a position of need. Bradley is suspended week 1, but becomes avaiable after that. It will be interesting to see what the Saints gave up to ...

Like Tree50Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 18,552
Blog Entries: 2
Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Per NFL source ... Ian Rapoport

If accurate, this is a good move at a position of need. Bradley is suspended week 1, but becomes avaiable after that.

It will be interesting to see what the Saints gave up to acquire him.

PFT source.

Last edited by SmashMouth; 09-08-2021 at 09:57 AM..
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 18,552
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Anyone want to take a guess at where Roby played his college ball ? ...

"Thee Ohio State" & former 1st rounder ... lol
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 5,751
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Pretty good move. He’s solid.
rezburna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:56 AM   #4
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 30,126
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Anyone want to take a guess at where Roby played his college ball ? ...

"Thee Ohio State" & former 1st rounder ... lol
Any former Ohio st RBs we can scoop up.... or will we instead sign Darius Guice?
K Major likes this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:08 AM   #5
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 18,552
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Roby is a upgrade over Crawley & Trufant .. and I keep repeating myself on Adebo but you don't want him to lose confidence early. Adding another quality vet @ CB was needed and necessary. He makes plays.

Saints front office has been stressing the "need" for a CB all off season so I'm not at all surprised by this move.

Good luck to Roby.
RailBoss and saintsfan1976 like this.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:10 AM   #6
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 30,126
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Roby is a upgrade over Crawley & Trufant .. and I keep repeating myself on Adebo but you don't want him to lose confidence early. Adding another quality vet @ CB was needed and necessary. He makes plays.

Saints front office has been stressing the "need" for a CB all off season so I'm not at all surprised by this move.

Good luck to Roby.
How does he compare to Janoris, other than "solid"? Is he cheaper than him also?
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #7
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 18,552
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
How does he compare to Janoris, other than "solid"? Is he cheaper than him also?
Janoris is probably the better of the two, however Roby is a good corner. Meaning he's good against press man, turning his head and making plays (he's had a few pick 6's in his career) on the ball ... consistently. All "solid" traits from a former 1st rounder. He carries a pretty steep contract but I see a restructure coming.

I guess Kris Richard has seen enough to know how he feels about the CB group opposite Marshon Lattimore.
jnormand likes this.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #8
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 30,126
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Janoris is probably the better of the two, however Roby is a good corner. Meaning he's good against press man, turning his head and making plays (he's had a few pick 6's in his career) on the ball ... consistently. All "solid" traits from a former 1st rounder. He carries a pretty steep contract but I see a restructure coming.

I guess Kris Richard has seen enough to know how he feels about the CB group opposite Marshon Lattimore.
Sounds like he's more expensive in more ways than one. We still don't know what the Saints traded away.

SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:27 AM   #9
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 20,233
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Awesome. I've been worried about corner. Apparrently the Saints front office was too.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #10
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 10,722
Re: Report: Saints trading for Texans cornerback Roby

Well, well, well… it was starting to look like they just weren’t going to get a trade done after trying so hard all summer.
ChrisXVI is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts