Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

This team is really bad

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; This team isn't that bad. We've had injuries. We have no QB. I'm not sure what people expected. You stick in a good QB at the head of our team and we're in the playoffs easily....

Like Tree49Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2023, 10:11 AM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,143
Re: This team is really bad

This team isn't that bad. We've had injuries. We have no QB. I'm not sure what people expected. You stick in a good QB at the head of our team and we're in the playoffs easily.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Puck the Fro Browl! Last Blog: 02-05-2023 By: neugey




This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Old 01-09-2023, 10:39 AM   #12
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,138
Blog Entries: 3
Re: This team is really bad

Originally Posted by hitta View Post
This team isn't that bad. We've had injuries. We have no QB. I'm not sure what people expected. You stick in a good QB at the head of our team and we're in the playoffs easily.
Elements of the "team" i.e. "coaches" do need to change however. Payton leaving revealed many shortcomings.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
saintsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:10 PM   #13
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 995
Re: This team is really bad

Originally Posted by hitta View Post
This team isn't that bad. We've had injuries. We have no QB. I'm not sure what people expected. You stick in a good QB at the head of our team and we're in the playoffs easily.
So stick Darnold in at the head of our team, and we're in the playoffs?
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:34 PM   #14
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,616
Blog Entries: 3
Re: This team is really bad

Originally Posted by hitta View Post
This team isn't that bad. We've had injuries. We have no QB. I'm not sure what people expected. You stick in a good QB at the head of our team and we're in the playoffs easily.
I find it interesting you didn't mention coaches in your assessment.

What "good" QB would want to come and play in this terrible system? Even if you get a solid QB in the draft, they won't progress under this regime.

S Darnold beat us with a 2.9 QBR rating yesterday

It starts at the top.
Rugby Saint II and Sinner like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:35 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulfport
Posts: 1,136
Re: This team is really bad

43 yards passing for Darnold. And half those yards came on his last pass.
Rugby Saint II and Sinner like this.
cmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 05:00 PM   #16
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 995
Re: This team is really bad

Originally Posted by cmike View Post
43 yards passing for Darnold. And half those yards came on his last pass.
That's bad. But good enough to beat us. Now THAT is bad.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 03:15 PM   #17
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 21,804
Re: This team is really bad

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I find it interesting you didn't mention coaches in your assessment.

What "good" QB would want to come and play in this terrible system? Even if you get a solid QB in the draft, they won't progress under this regime.

S Darnold beat us with a 2.9 QBR rating yesterday

It starts at the top.
I think a lot of it boils down to the inordinate amount of injuries that we suffer year in and year out. That alone can make or break a season. It did it last year and it's done it again this year. Not to mention that we have a plethora of coaches who were in over their head.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:59 AM   #18
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,466
Re: This team is really bad

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 12:39 PM   #19
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,616
Blog Entries: 3
Re: This team is really bad

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
I think a lot of it boils down to the inordinate amount of injuries that we suffer year in and year out. That alone can make or break a season. It did it last year and it's done it again this year. Not to mention that we have a plethora of coaches who were in over their head.
Rugs,

At some point, you have to look elsewhere with the injury bug excuse on why the Saints are failing on Sundays. Find better depth. The good teams have no issues inserting guys when a starter goes down.

The Ravens and Dolphins got to the postseason with backups at QB.

Have you seen Brock Purdy play yet ? The Niners lost Jimmy G in early December and haven't missed a beat offensively.

Coaching is the biggest question mark in New Orleans right now.

2023 could be rough.
Rugby Saint II and Sinner like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 12:42 PM   #20
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 995
Re: This team is really bad

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Rugs,

At some point, you have to look elsewhere with the injury bug excuse on why the Saints are failing on Sundays. Find better depth. The good teams have no issues inserting guys when a starter goes down.

The Ravens and Dolphins got to the postseason with backups at QB.

Have you seen Brock Purdy play yet ? The Niners lost Jimmy G in early December and haven't missed a beat offensively.

Coaching is the biggest question mark in New Orleans right now.

2023 could be rough.

100% THIS ^^^
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts