Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

***Is Payton pushing Bush to hard?***

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I've seen Reggie run "through the Tackles" more than plenty of times to know he can do it. Let's get off the tired ole cliches already. He picks up 6-10 yards running up the middle, when he gets adequate blocking. ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2006, 07:00 PM   #21
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ***Is Payton pushing Bush to hard?***

I've seen Reggie run "through the Tackles" more than plenty of times to know he can do it. Let's get off the tired ole cliches already. He picks up 6-10 yards running up the middle, when he gets adequate blocking. Give him a break, it's not all his fault. Deuce is just more experienced and knows how to make something out of nothing, Reggie hasn't gotten to that point yet.
Touchdown is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #22
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ***Is Payton pushing Bush to hard?**

Originally Posted by jdiggy
I think you're understating his importance to the offense because you don't see it in his numbers. He's an enabler. He enables the other players on our offense to take advantage of favorable matchups.
They don't give the award for ROY to the player who enabled the most.

It's a results oriented award.
More important things to worry about for an athlete than winning "Awards"

This is a team oriented sport.
Touchdown is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #23
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ***Is Payton pushing Bush to hard?**

Originally Posted by jdiggy
I think you're understating his importance to the offense because you don't see it in his numbers. He's an enabler. He enables the other players on our offense to take advantage of favorable matchups.
They don't give the award for ROY to the player who enabled the most.

It's a results oriented award.
Who said anything about Rookie of the year? I couldn't care less if he gets rookie of the year or not. As long as he helps to keep the offense productive does it really matter? That doesn't change his importance to this team if he doesn't become ROY. He's still highly important.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #24
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Belleview, FL
Posts: 526
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ***Is Payton pushing Bush to har

once reggie gets his first touch down he will be fine. right now he is just trying way too hard to bust the big one. his first touchdown will do a lot to calm him down.

i would like to see payton call more up the middle runs for reggie and tell him just to drive to the hole and make his moves once he gets to the other side.
jergensl is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 09:53 AM   #25
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper
The Lombardi Packers made a living and won 3 championships on that "sideline to sideline" run. It's called a sweep. And to be successful, it needs some sort of blocking, the kind of blocking that gave Desghaun Foster the hole to score the late TD for the Panthers.
Or the missed tackles that helped it to happen. Either way.

And the plays Reggie are running to the outside, aren't sweeps. They are Reggie trying to make the corner in the NFL. If they were sweeps, there's be blockers in front on at least some of them. But they aren't. It's usually Reggie in space dancing. I'd feel better if we ran more stretch type plays for him, like Indy used to run for Edge James. Just kinda have the linemen block on an angle and let Reggie choose a hole, but staying close to the LOS. I also don't think though we will run effectively until we take shots deep to back off the safeties and LBs. That could be another issue.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #26
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,161
Originally Posted by saintswhodi
Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper
The Lombardi Packers made a living and won 3 championships on that "sideline to sideline" run. It's called a sweep. And to be successful, it needs some sort of blocking, the kind of blocking that gave Deshaun Foster the hole to score the late TD for the Panthers.
Or the missed tackles that helped it to happen. Either way.
Please, don't let the facts get in the way of an excellent post.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #27
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ol' Metry
Posts: 239
Ok TD

More important things to worry about for an athlete than winning "Awards" This is a team oriented sport.
I agree that the team is more important than the individual, but, they still hand out individual awards at the end of the season. Wouldn't you like for 1 of our rookies to be recognized as being the best in the league?

and as for GoldRush...

Who said anything about Rookie of the year? I couldn't care less if he gets rookie of the year or not. As long as he helps to keep the offense productive does it really matter? That doesn't change his importance to this team if he doesn't become ROY. He's still highly important.
Slow down there Goldie... If you go back a page, LongTimeFan made the comment that Colston coulld be in contention for ROY. I agree with him. If he doesn't get the award at the end of the season, you're right, it doesn't diminsh his importance to the team. However, would it be so bad for him to be recognized for his contributions to his team as a rookie?
jdiggy is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #28
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ***Is Payton pushing Bush to hard?***

I think Bush's only problem is that he dances too much. When he realizes he needs to hit the holes when they are there he'll be fine.
Acreboy is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #29
Ill-tempered Texan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pascagoula, MS
Posts: 228
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ***Is Payton pushing Bush to hard?***

I think Bush's problem is that he's a rookie. Even after four games, there's a tremendous "pace of the game" difference and he's still getting used to a differen playbook and set of blockers. He looks incredibly comfortable running screens and underneath passes, and it has the advantage of getting him in space AND making him more effective as a decoy. As good as he's been for the offense, things can only get better for him and the rest of the offense. The first time the opposing defense doesn't respect his ability will be the first time he scores. Colston has been oustanding, but Reggie's abilities are opening things up for everyone else.
Brann is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #30
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Originally Posted by jdiggy
Ok TD

More important things to worry about for an athlete than winning "Awards" This is a team oriented sport.
I agree that the team is more important than the individual, but, they still hand out individual awards at the end of the season. Wouldn't you like for 1 of our rookies to be recognized as being the best in the league?

and as for GoldRush...

Who said anything about Rookie of the year? I couldn't care less if he gets rookie of the year or not. As long as he helps to keep the offense productive does it really matter? That doesn't change his importance to this team if he doesn't become ROY. He's still highly important.
Slow down there Goldie... If you go back a page, LongTimeFan made the comment that Colston coulld be in contention for ROY. I agree with him. If he doesn't get the award at the end of the season, you're right, it doesn't diminsh his importance to the team. However, would it be so bad for him to be recognized for his contributions to his team as a rookie?
Well I was talking about Bush, not Colston. Colston only entered the conversation because of ghandi. My point was that Bush's helping this team to open up its offense is more important than individual accolades. Colston stands a good chance to be ROY, but I believe his success is owed in part to the attention that Bush recieves on every play.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts