Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Stlrfan You know, I knew that as I was typing I was making a mistake, LOL! We were so thrilled the Boys got knocked out I could hardly contain myself. OK, still, you beat Warner...again! Warner/Favre still ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #101
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,351
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Originally Posted by Stlrfan View Post
You know, I knew that as I was typing I was making a mistake, LOL! We were so thrilled the Boys got knocked out I could hardly contain myself. OK, still, you beat Warner...again! Warner/Favre still more impressive than Flacco/Sanchez. Now that's not a mistake, LOL

Edit: God my memory...wait did Warner get hurt during the game? I know Favre did and still played, but please refresh my memory. Warner stayed in the whole time, right?
Warner got his bell rung, but it was all but over by then
saintfan is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #102
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

I agree Boonedock. I mean, it's an endless cycle. Cowboys beat Saints, Vikings beat Cowboys, Saints beat Vikings. You never know, who's going to win, on any given sunday. This guy, and his, "We already know the Colts are GREAT." That kind of cockiness just makes my blood boil.
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #103
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Originally Posted by Stlrfan View Post
You know, I knew that as I was typing I was making a mistake, LOL! We were so thrilled the Boys got knocked out I could hardly contain myself. OK, still, you beat Warner...again! Warner/Favre still more impressive than Flacco/Sanchez. Now that's not a mistake, LOL

Edit: God my memory...wait did Warner get hurt during the game? I know Favre did and still played, but please refresh my memory. Warner stayed in the whole time, right?
Yeah, Warner sat out a couple of plays, and Leinart came in, but Warner came back. He was a warrior, but we kept on hitting him for the rest of the game.
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #104
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 340
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Originally Posted by saintpaul25 View Post
I agree Boonedock. I mean, it's an endless cycle. Cowboys beat Saints, Vikings beat Cowboys, Saints beat Vikings. You never know, who's going to win, on any given sunday. This guy, and his, "We already know the Colts are GREAT." That kind of cockiness just makes my blood boil.
yeah, this kid doesnt know anything. he's just little kid. if he'd been around long enough, he would know how respectful saints fans are to other teams and their fans. he would show us a little more respect knowing what we've gone through as fans and he'd understand that no matter what our record, we're the most humble fans around.

he's got a lot of growing up to do. as we say here in orlando, "poor lil' fella'!"
boonedocksaint is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #105
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 39
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Originally Posted by saintpaul25 View Post
Yeah, Warner sat out a couple of plays, and Leinart came in, but Warner came back. He was a warrior, but we kept on hitting him for the rest of the game.
OK, I remember now. We were at Applebee's watching the game and now I recall it being yet another blowout. Everyone was cheering. Even though some consider AZ Pittsburgh West, it seems everyone in the bar that night wanted the Saints to win. It would be great seeing you guys win it all this year. The games you won were impressive and it just seemed everything was clicking at the right time. I look forward to the Saints hoisting the Lombardi. The Steelers play the Saints this upcoming season. Unless the Steelers work miracles on their o-line, I can only imagine how many times Ben will be on the ground for that game!
Stlrfan is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #106
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Originally Posted by boonedocksaint View Post
yeah, this kid doesnt know anything. he's just little kid. if he'd been around long enough, he would know how respectful saints fans are to other teams and their fans. he would show us a little more respect knowing what we've gone through as fans and he'd understand that no matter what our record, we're the most humble fans around.

he's got a lot of growing up to do. as we say here in orlando, "poor lil' fella'!"
I asked him how old he is, because based on his posts, he seems VERY young, and I would bet he is. Although I'm sure he will tell me, that he is in his 50's, and has been a Colt fan since Johny Unitas played. At least that's what I am expecting.
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #107
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Originally Posted by Stlrfan View Post
OK, I remember now. We were at Applebee's watching the game and now I recall it being yet another blowout. Everyone was cheering. Even though some consider AZ Pittsburgh West, it seems everyone in the bar that night wanted the Saints to win. It would be great seeing you guys win it all this year. The games you won were impressive and it just seemed everything was clicking at the right time. I look forward to the Saints hoisting the Lombardi. The Steelers play the Saints this upcoming season. Unless the Steelers work miracles on their o-line, I can only imagine how many times Ben will be on the ground for that game!
My father, and brother, are both long time Steeler fans. I've been through alot of ribbing over the years, being a Saints fan, but they are both pulling for the Saints this year. Kind of nice, us all being on the same page for once. Although, I might get yelled at by some of my fellow Saints fans here, I was pulling for the Steelers last year. I hate Jerry Jones, and knew it would stick in his craw, to know that the Steelers had one more superbowl than his Cowboys.
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #108
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 39
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Originally Posted by saintpaul25 View Post
My father, and brother, are both long time Steeler fans. I've been through alot of ribbing over the years, being a Saints fan, but they are both pulling for the Saints this year. Kind of nice, us all being on the same page for once. Although, I might get yelled at by some of my fellow Saints fans here, I was pulling for the Steelers last year. I hate Jerry Jones, and knew it would stick in his craw, to know that the Steelers had one more superbowl than his Cowboys.
LOL, well good for you sticking with "your" team through thick and thin. That's they way it should be. I stuck through the Steelers through the wretched 80s after watching them win 4 SBs and every year kept saying, "next year". Eventually it comes. And I share your feelings about Jerry Jones, but then again, who doesn't? He's everything that represents wrong in the NFL, well him and Goodell that is, but let's not go there, lol! The Colts fans are young and most only became fans when Manning started winning. They'll be gone when he's gone. I know every fanbase has obnoxious fans, but man these Colts fans go beyond that, it's the arrogance and cockiness I can't stand. Believe me, the Saints win, the Colts fans will have all kinds of excuses. That's what they're really good at.

Good luck on Sunday. I'm sure I'll be back around to check in but you should know we here in the 'burgh are rooting for "yinz" to bring that Lombardi to sweet NO!
Stlrfan is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #109
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Thank you sir, and thanks for the support! I'm learning about the Colts fans, the hard way. Come back anytime.
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #110
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 340
Re: Dwight Freeney, star defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts, may miss Super Bowl XLIV with serious ankle injury

Originally Posted by Stlrfan View Post
LOL, well good for you sticking with "your" team through thick and thin. That's they way it should be. I stuck through the Steelers through the wretched 80s after watching them win 4 SBs and every year kept saying, "next year". Eventually it comes. And I share your feelings about Jerry Jones, but then again, who doesn't? He's everything that represents wrong in the NFL, well him and Goodell that is, but let's not go there, lol! The Colts fans are young and most only became fans when Manning started winning. They'll be gone when he's gone. I know every fanbase has obnoxious fans, but man these Colts fans go beyond that, it's the arrogance and cockiness I can't stand. Believe me, the Saints win, the Colts fans will have all kinds of excuses. That's what they're really good at.

Good luck on Sunday. I'm sure I'll be back around to check in but you should know we here in the 'burgh are rooting for "yinz" to bring that Lombardi to sweet NO!
i LOVE jerry jones! *ducks while tomatoes and trash are thrown at his head and boo's rain down*

my mom and her side of the family is from texas. i guess i just find a lot of humor in texas' love for itself.

its kind of the same reason i love shaquille oneal. he's so ridiculously arrogant, its humorous!
boonedocksaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts