Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints fans sues over protests

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by burningmetal Who is preaching to you? You want to know the difference between the two things you mentioned are? One is a private matter that isn't stated in protest, and the other is something that entire teams ...

Like Tree42Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #41
In Doh We Trust
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 7,027
Blog Entries: 16
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Who is preaching to you? You want to know the difference between the two things you mentioned are? One is a private matter that isn't stated in protest, and the other is something that entire teams are doing, and it has often been done in the middle of our National Anthem. You use the word religion, but there are a lot of different beliefs. As a Christian myself, I have a lot of problems with "religions" that pop up around the world. But if I see someone praying during a game, and I know he isn't a Christian, I am not offended. I would wish that the person where not praying to some pagan "god", or whatever else, but I believe in his right to have his religious freedom. It isn't something that is in your face, and making a political statement.

Major difference.
NO... its not. And please don't pull the "As a Christian" - I am too.

IF it wasn't Christian prayer if it was something Buddhist or Hindu or whatever, would you still be ok with it?

If the argument is "a disrruption of the entertainment value" then the religion is the same thing.
shawnkytonk likes this.
homerj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,854
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by homerj07 View Post
NO... its not. And please don't pull the "As a Christian" - I am too.

IF it wasn't Christian prayer if it was something Buddhist or Hindu or whatever, would you still be ok with it?

If the argument is "a disrruption of the entertainment value" then the religion is the same thing.
Did you read my post? Did I not just say that while I have problems with the various religions around the world, I am not offended by their praying? I have seen it, and it did not affect me in the least. It would help you to understand my point if you simply go back and read through my entire post. It's not very long.

I also asked you, who is preaching to you? When a player says a prayer, is that in your face? Is it directed at anyone in particular? It is not a protest, and it is not done as a disruption. And what do you mean "don't pull" the as a Christian statement? What exactly am I pulling by simply stating my faith? And if you are, as you say, also a Christian, then why are you talking about not wanting to be preached to? What exactly is it that you stand for, then?

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #43
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,419
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Who is preaching to you? You want to know what the differences between the two things you mentioned are? One is a private matter that isn't stated in protest, and the other is something that entire teams are doing, and it has often been done in the middle of our National Anthem. You use the word religion, but there are a lot of different beliefs. As a Christian myself, I have a lot of problems with "religions" that pop up around the world. But if I see someone praying during a game, and I know he isn't a Christian, I am not offended. I would wish that the person were not praying to some pagan "god", or whatever else, but I believe in his right to have his religious freedom. It isn't something that is in your face, and making a political statement.

Major difference.
Major difference to you. I respect that. But you are obviously in the minority.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #44
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,854
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Major difference to you. I respect that. But you are obviously in the minority.
Am I? Show me your proof. How many people are complaining about prayer? It's something that people might disagree with, depending on their beliefs, or lack thereof, but it isn't something that causes a stir. There would be a big fire storm, as with the protests, if a majority of people were offended by it. It's a private act. It might be in public, but it's not being done at an inappropriate time, and it's not directed at any "cause". So comparing that with the protests makes no sense.

I don't like the way players bleach their hair and act like they won the super bowl every time they make a big hit after giving up a 15 yard run, but I don't feel disrespected by it, nor do I feel it is championing a false narrative.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #45
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 4,722
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
'Guido, you clearly have no clue what is going on, and that's fine if ignorance is bliss to you. I have followed the ratings and seen the massive amount of negative attention the NFL has gotten from this whole thing. Stands around the league have been emptying, while you have been sitting in your chair pretending everything is great and making football your "god". You have demonstrated time and again just how naive YOU are. You cannot stand for anyone to say anything negative about your all important football team. You know why the people who still go to games are going? Because they are addicted to their team. I get it... I understand those people, but for you to suggest that they are all going because they don't care about the protests, is pure ignorance.

And as for this guy "making a point", as I said, whenever a customer is dissatisfied with a product, they tend to want to make it known. That does NOT suggest that he is doing this for the sole purpose of making a point. The guy isn't happy about what is going on, and he wants a refund. Should a point be made to the Saints and the NFL? Absolutely. It's become a political cesspool, and this is precisely why people like me are boycotting.

You clearly did not read the article word for word. It clearly says he went to the team and asked for a refund, but was turned down. You either aren't paying close enough attention, or you are lying to me. So don't pull that on me.

As for the season ticket prices, you seem to be missing a major point: While the lowest priced tickets might not be astronomical, you have to buy the entire package, as opposed to just a one time deal, and that gets expensive. But those "cheap" seats sell out quickly, and you are left with tickets that only wealthy people can afford.

As for your opinion being valid, I didn't suggest it wasn't, though I obviously disagree with you. But opinions, however valid or not, only make a difference when thy are shared with a majority. And so while you might choose to live in a bubble where nothing else matters as long as you are entertained, the fact is that you are not in the majority. I personally know people who are not boycotting, but hate what the NFL is doing. I can't make them boycott, and I won't attempt to. People will do what needs to be done when the time is right. Rome didn't fall over night, but when it did fall, it fell hard. Such will be the case for the NFL.

Lastly, this fan has a far greater reason to ask for a refund than the example you gave. Your example is something that is small and part of the game. This protesting is not only disrespectful, but it's a lie. They are pushing for justice where it isn't needed. They, along with the media, have brought negative attention to cops, which has helped to incite violence against police, and lead to murders of police. The NFL would not allow those officers to be honored when the Cowboys actually wanted to do something good to remember them. But they allow the protests with no consequences? Do you see my problem here, 'Guido?

There are a lot of things that you have not paid attention to, and you have just assumed that it's all a bunch of nothing. Pop that bubble, pal, and take a look at what's happening and ask yourself what exactly these players are doing. It is far from a trivial matter.
Soooo, why are you allowed to speak your opinion which might be valid and Guido allowed to speak his opinion which might be valid, but a player (who you happen to strongly disagree with) not be allowed to?
ScottF and AsylumGuido like this.
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:14 AM   #46
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver<Memphis<Mississippi
Posts: 289
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

I see burningmetal is putting his butthurt on display in here once again.
shawnkytonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #47
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,419
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Just saw this article. Just posting what is being written.

Dip**** Saints Fan Sues Team Over Anthem Protests

A Saints fan named Lee Dragna, who appears to be a real dumbass, has filed a lawsuit against the team seeking a refund for his season tickets. He wants the refund because his ability to enjoy Saints games has been ruined by the NFL’s anthem protests.


In his suit, Dragna cites a Week 2 home game against the Patriots, at which he claims a number of Saints players didn’t come onto the field until after the anthem, causing an uproar near his seats. Because of this clearly traumatizing experience, Dragna claims, he hasn’t attended a home game since.

The suit goes on to claim that Dragna would have never purchased his season tickets in the first place if he had known “Saints football players would use Saints football games as a platform for protests.” Dragna believes he is entitled to a refund because he purchased his season tickets for “entertainment and intellectual enjoyment,” and the protests got in the way of that.

The stupidest thing about this lawsuit, aside from the fact that it exists, is that Saints players never even protested during the anthem at a home game. The only time any players sat for the national anthem was before their Week 3 game against the Panthers, which was a road game. Saints running back Mark Ingram helpfully pointed this out yesterday:


Between this guy and the dingus who refused to accept an award from the team, Saints fans are quickly becoming the worst.

18-1 Baby!
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #48
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 23,887
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

What an Idiot. Good luck dude.
QBREES9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #49
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 18,597
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
Soooo, why are you allowed to speak your opinion which might be valid and Guido allowed to speak his opinion which might be valid, but a player (who you happen to strongly disagree with) not be allowed to?
This is a discussion board where we discuss football. A football field is for football not some players political agendas. Damn folks! How do you not follow that? This is my time not theirs. They are the product on the field.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #50
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,453
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
He will lose. He should lose.


Don’t bet on it. The right judge at the right time and this guys a millionaire. For crap sake look at all the rogue liberal judges doing what they want. This guy might get a vet.
voodooido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/86036-saints-fans-sues-over-protests.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-13-2017 09:01 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts