Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints fans sues over protests

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by burningmetal He DID quietly go to them and ask for a refund, and they did not comply. So now he's suing them. The reason it's public knowledge is because reporters are always looking for something to talk ...

Like Tree42Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #21
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,468
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
He DID quietly go to them and ask for a refund, and they did not comply. So now he's suing them. The reason it's public knowledge is because reporters are always looking for something to talk about. How is that the problem of this fan?

If everyone were as passive about ever doing or saying anything negative towards their team as you are, fans everywhere would be completely screwed. Fans have to demand respect from the people who are charging them insane amounts of money to sit and watch a game... A GAME. Not a political rally.

Fans don't have official representation, and yet they are the driving force that keeps the league alive. So fans have to represent themselves and make demands. Will he win? Probably not. Will there be fallout as more and more stories like these come out? You better believe it. The NFL believes it has all the power because it has the money. They do have the money... For now. They are biting the hands that feed them.
How do you know that he quietly went to them and asked for a refund? I didn't see that anywhere.

Besides, if all he wanted was his money back he could have easily sold his tickets and season ticket rights for profit. They are highly desired.

In addition, the teams are not charging insane amounts of money to sit and watch a game. It is the fans themselves that are creating the insane numbers. The number of tickets available directly to the general public is a tiny percentage of actual seats in the venue. That vast majority is held by season ticket holders. A good percentage of those ticket holders sell their tickets at several times their original face value. That is what makes it insane. The season ticket holders are picking a few games to attend and getting every penny of their original investment back and most likely enough to easily cover any associated costs while at the game.

Edit: Okay, I finally found a story that said he said he asked the Saints to refund him $8000 to cover the cost of the tickets and costs associated with their purchase. That does not change the fact that it sets a bad precedent that could be used by any fan wanting out of their ticket purchase by claiming that something was offensive to them. I'm offended by visiting fans. Is that a basis for getting a refund?
neugey, ScottF and Rugby Saint II like this.

17-2 Baby!

Last edited by AsylumGuido; 12-13-2017 at 12:29 PM..
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #22
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 6,324
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
You're right, they SHOULD do that. Then maybe it will anger more fans and let this organization get an early taste of what the future will be like for them, with no fan support.

You can dislike people like this guy, or me, all you want for our stance on the protests, but just know that your opinion is not any more valid than anyone else's. And when the majority speaks, their voices will be heard, and their affects will be felt. If the Saints and the rest of the NFL are too bull headed to see that, and make things right, instead of acting like school ground bullies with their fans, then they will get precisely what they deserve.
Fans don't get to pick and choose what aspects of a team they approve of. If you don't like Kamara's hair, or Brees' chants, or Ingram's dancing, it is your right to stay home. Can we sue over performance as well? how about injuries?

and, the majority is speaking: the stands are full. There are a couple hundred tickets available for Sunday, all at of above face value.
Like many have said, sell the tickets or donate them to NOLA Boys & Girls Club.

This isn't about my opinion or anyone else's on the protests; it's about one fan seeking attention for his cause.
saintfan likes this.
ScottF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #23
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,877
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
How do you know that he quietly went to them and asked for a refund? I didn't see that anywhere.

Besides, if all he wanted was his money back he could have easily sold his tickets and season ticket rights for profit. They are highly desired.

In addition, the teams are not charging insane amounts of money to sit and watch a game. It is the fans themselves that are creating the insane numbers. The number of tickets available directly to the general public is a tiny percentage of actual seats in the venue. That vast majority is held by season ticket holders. A good percentage of those ticket holders sell their tickets at several times their original face value. That is what makes it insane. The season ticket holders are picking a few games to attend and getting every penny of their original investment back and most likely enough to easily cover any associated costs while at the game.

Edit: Okay, I finally found a story that said he said he asked the Saints to refund him $8000 to cover the cost of the tickets and costs associated with their purchase. That does not change the fact that it sets a bad precedent that could be used by any fan wanting out of their ticket purchase by claiming that something was offensive to them. I'm offended by visiting fans. Is that a basis for getting a refund?
All you had to do was read the very article in the original post of this thread to see where it says he asked them for a refund. You didn't have to hunt it down.

And yes, the prices ARE insane. Sure, season ticket holders might drive it up, but most people can't afford season tickets. I wonder why that is? Could it be, just maybe, that the NFL is gauging it's fans? Say it ain't so... I'm afraid so.

And why should he have sold them instead of asking for his money back? I think he absolutely wanted to make sure the team paid the price, in the process. Similar to how most people send things they don't like right back where they bought it from, instead of trying to sell it. You want that company to understand your dissatisfaction. That isn't some evil ploy for attention. It's common practice.

And no, it does not set a bad precedent for them to give a refund. The NFL has ALREADY set a bad precedent by allowing it's players to make a mockery of the sport, wagging their fingers and telling the owners what THEY can and cannot do or say. Fans are angry, and it's the NFL's responsibility to fix the problem. But they are too afraid to stand up to the players, which is extremely pathetic.

You're analogy is apples to oranges. Saying "I don't like the visiting fans" and "I don't like my team disrespecting my country, and protesting matters with no facts behind them, when I came to be entertained" are two very different things.

Annoying visiting fans are part of the game. They pay for their seats just like everyone else. Don't tell me you can't differentiate one fan complaint from another.
AlaskaSaints likes this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,877
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
Fans don't get to pick and choose what aspects of a team they approve of. If you don't like Kamara's hair, or Brees' chants, or Ingram's dancing, it is your right to stay home. Can we sue over performance as well? how about injuries?

and, the majority is speaking: the stands are full. There are a couple hundred tickets available for Sunday, all at of above face value.
Like many have said, sell the tickets or donate them to NOLA Boys & Girls Club.

This isn't about my opinion or anyone else's on the protests; it's about one fan seeking attention for his cause.
Fans absolutely get to choose what they approve of. Similar to how fans would react if the P.A. announcer got on the mic and started insulting fans, people have a right to make complaints about things that are particularly offensive to them. Fans pay the money, not the players. The players get paid because of the fans. Business 101: The customer is always right.

Does that mean that every grievance is legitimate? No. But this man is not in the minority.

And you are wrong about the majority. The negative feedback from the protests have far outweighed the positive. Not everyone has chosen to boycott, and of course that was to be expected. The more the NFL defies the wishes of it's audience, however, that will change quickly. Apparently you haven't noticed that in many places the attendance is down, and the TV ratings have been way down, all year. That is no coincidence for a league you believe is untouchable.

Lastly, he is not seeking attention. He has been GIVEN attention because of the Saints reaction and the media spreading the story.
SmashMouth likes this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #25
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 18,625
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Maybe he didn't sell them on ebay because he wants to make a statement that he doesn't pay all that money to watch "the product" show their disapproval about their personal issues when they are their to perform not make political comments.

I respect that he is bringing awareness to his sense of justice.......
SmashMouth and burningmetal like this.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #26
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,275
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
Fans don't get to pick and choose what aspects of a team they approve of. If you don't like Kamara's hair, or Brees' chants, or Ingram's dancing, it is your right to stay home. Can we sue over performance as well? how about injuries?

and, the majority is speaking: the stands are full. There are a couple hundred tickets available for Sunday, all at of above face value.
Like many have said, sell the tickets or donate them to NOLA Boys & Girls Club.

This isn't about my opinion or anyone else's on the protests; it's about one fan seeking attention for his cause.
I know some folks with season tix to the Texans games who were so offended they stopped going. They sold the tix for profit and now they're out, having sworn off the NFL forever.

Sell them and get on with your life man. Jeesh. Why is everyone so litigious these days?

Never mind...I know why, but that's a conversation for a different forum.
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #27
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,468
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
All you had to do was read the very article in the original post of this thread to see where it says he asked them for a refund. You didn't have to hunt it down.
I reread the article linked to in the original post and it does not mention anything about his going to the Saints and asking for a refund which they refused. You go back and read it word for word. So, yes, I did have to search for it. At least I took the time to do just that.

And yes, the prices ARE insane. Sure, season ticket holders might drive it up, but most people can't afford season tickets. I wonder why that is? Could it be, just maybe, that the NFL is gauging it's fans? Say it ain't so... I'm afraid so.
Saints season ticket prices range from a high of $3080 ($308 per game) down to $390 ($39 per game). Given every Saints game has sold out for over the last decade they are clearly not priced too high. It is what the market bears. That is simple economics.

And why should he have sold them instead of asking for his money back? I think he absolutely wanted to make sure the team paid the price, in the process. Similar to how most people send things they don't like right back where they bought it from, instead of trying to sell it. You want that company to understand your dissatisfaction. That isn't some evil ploy for attention. It's common practice.
That falls in line with my suggestion he is trying to make a point instead of simply getting his money back.

And no, it does not set a bad precedent for them to give a refund. The NFL has ALREADY set a bad precedent by allowing it's players to make a mockery of the sport, wagging their fingers and telling the owners what THEY can and cannot do or say. Fans are angry, and it's the NFL's responsibility to fix the problem. But they are too afraid to stand up to the players, which is extremely pathetic.
A small percentage of fans are angry. Personally, I think the whole thing is trivial, and like the vast majority of fans, I don't let it get in the way of being entertained.

You're analogy is apples to oranges. Saying "I don't like the visiting fans" and "I don't like my team disrespecting my country, and protesting matters with no facts behind them, when I came to be entertained" are two very different things.
No it isn't. It is perception. Regardless of how you see the act not everyone sees it as disrespecting their country or protesting without facts. That is your opinion. My sample opinion is just as valid.

Annoying visiting fans are part of the game. They pay for their seats just like everyone else. Don't tell me you can't differentiate one fan complaint from another.
I gave a sample that someone MAY use. It is no more valid a reason for a refund that what is being requested by this guy. I love the visiting fans myself. I usually make sure I interact and have on occasions led them to a favorite spot following the game.

17-2 Baby!
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #28
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,468
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I know some folks with season tix to the Texans games who were so offended they stopped going. They sold the tix for profit and now they're out, having sworn off the NFL forever.

Sell them and get on with your life man. Jeesh. Why is everyone so litigious these days?

Never mind...I know why, but that's a conversation for a different forum.
Exactly. All I was saying is the guy doesn't just want his money back. He's trying to make a point.

By the way, they just talked about this subject on ESPN talk radio and slammed the guy for suing over this.
ScottF likes this.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #29
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,468
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Fans absolutely get to choose what they approve of. Similar to how fans would react if the P.A. announcer got on the mic and started insulting fans, people have a right to make complaints about things that are particularly offensive to them. Fans pay the money, not the players. The players get paid because of the fans. Business 101: The customer is always right.

Does that mean that every grievance is legitimate? No. But this man is not in the minority.

And you are wrong about the majority. The negative feedback from the protests have far outweighed the positive. Not everyone has chosen to boycott, and of course that was to be expected. The more the NFL defies the wishes of it's audience, however, that will change quickly. Apparently you haven't noticed that in many places the attendance is down, and the TV ratings have been way down, all year. That is no coincidence for a league you believe is untouchable.

Lastly, he is not seeking attention. He has been GIVEN attention because of the Saints reaction and the media spreading the story.
As an accounting major I took all of those business courses, as well as economics, statistics and business law. In none of those courses is it taught that the customer is always right. To the contrary, the customer is in the wrong a great percentage of the time when complaints are levied. Legally the business isn't always required to give in. Economically, however, is the reason why some customers get their way even when they have not been wronged. If the cost associated to fight the claim outweighs the cost of giving in then "the customer is deemed being right" economically.

And you are wrong about the majority. The seats are being filled because the majority do not feel the protests are disturbing them enough to keep their butts out of the seats. THAT is a fact.

And, yes, he IS seeking attention. You are naive if you think he didn't know that filling that suit was going to hit the media in a huge manner. As a businessman he knew exactly what he was doing.
xan likes this.

17-2 Baby!
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #30
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Patterson, LA
Posts: 1,586
Re: Saints fans sues over protests

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Since you know the guy personally, is he simply only wanting to get his season ticket money back or does he want to make a statement as I suggest?

Knowing Lee,It's the latter Guido.
He's not hurting for that amount of "pocket change"
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/86036-saints-fans-sues-over-protests.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-13-2017 09:01 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts