Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Beastmode Murray has a moderate injury. Kamara is out there and he is more valuable so not buying the preservation stuff. We brought in all those Vet RB's for a reason. It's also par for the course ...

Like Tree5Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #11
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,685
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Murray has a moderate injury. Kamara is out there and he is more valuable so not buying the preservation stuff. We brought in all those Vet RB's for a reason. It's also par for the course with Payton. Brings in Vets before the nature of the injury is fully revealed.
You also bring in vets to sign after week one if needed. You are locked into the full seasons salary if signed before the first game when dealing with vets. I'm thinking he may be looking for a third back to bring in if none of the young ones pan out or are ready and then bring one up from the practice squad once they show more promise.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:15 PM   #12
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,069
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
You also bring in vets to sign after week one if needed. You are locked into the full seasons salary if signed before the first game when dealing with vets. I'm thinking he may be looking for a third back to bring in if none of the young ones pan out or are ready and then bring one up from the practice squad once they show more promise.

Murray is hurt. He brought in those Vets fast. Could have done a while back.
The Dude likes this.
Beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #13
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,685
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Murray is hurt. He brought in those Vets fast. Could have done a while back.
Yes he's hurt. What is your point? He could be back anytime. It's frickin' training camp. You already pitching the doom and gloom line?
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:17 PM   #14
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,994
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
What exactly have you heard on Murray?
He’s been absent from several practices, otherwise nothing. Both of which are not good signs considering the importance of the role he is supposed to play. I’m calling it now, he’s another Byrd/Merideth bogus signing. On the plus side I hear good things about Washington.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:44 PM   #15
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,994
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Murray is hurt. He brought in those Vets fast. Could have done a while back.
I mean itís like clockwork. Repeating the same damn thing over and over expecting different results. Same thing every year and every year Guido refuses to admit there is a problem. I hope to god he works out. I hope he shuts up all the naysayers but Iím not optimistic. I sure as hell donít want them to have to use Kamara when it comes to chewing clock.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 PM   #16
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,069
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

I Hope Murray kills it but this is a not a fire drill. Maybe it's serious, maybe it's not but it's a problem. Payton is also paranoid about RB's since the year we loss something like 5 before the season even started. Following year we got Ingram in the 1st.
Beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:38 AM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,969
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

AS FOR BYRD IN HIS BUFFALO CAREER HE STARTED 66 GAMES PLAYED IN 73 HAD 22 INT 2 RETURNED FOR TD FORCED 11 FUMBLES

MERIDITH WAS A RISK WITH THE INJURY BUT AREN'T THE SAINTS THE TEAM THAT SIGNED A QB WHO "BLEW OUT" HIS THROWING SHOULDER?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND LETTING INGRAM GO FOR MURRAY BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS. ALL THE KINGS HORSE AND ALL THE KINGS MEN WON'T PUT HUMPTY TOGETHER AGAIN!
K Major likes this.
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:43 AM   #18
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,685
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Heís been absent from several practices, otherwise nothing. Both of which are not good signs considering the importance of the role he is supposed to play. Iím calling it now, heís another Byrd/Merideth bogus signing. On the plus side I hear good things about Washington.
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
I mean itís like clockwork. Repeating the same damn thing over and over expecting different results. Same thing every year and every year Guido refuses to admit there is a problem. I hope to god he works out. I hope he shuts up all the naysayers but Iím not optimistic. I sure as hell donít want them to have to use Kamara when it comes to chewing clock.
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
I Hope Murray kills it but this is a not a fire drill. Maybe it's serious, maybe it's not but it's a problem. Payton is also paranoid about RB's since the year we loss something like 5 before the season even started. Following year we got Ingram in the 1st.
What is like clockwork is Dude and Beast seeing doom and gloom every preseason.

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:03 AM   #19
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,069
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

I also said I hope Murray kills it and maybe it's not serious but ok.

Right now he's missing training camp which is critical. This is the time to make mistakes and refine on a new offense. In order to kill it he has to get out there.
Beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:46 AM   #20
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,685
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Saints training camp: Winners and losers from first week of practice

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
I also said I hope Murray kills it and maybe it's not serious but ok.

Right now he's missing training camp which is critical. This is the time to make mistakes and refine on a new offense. In order to kill it he has to get out there.
Murray is at camp and learning the offense. They have just put on pads for the first time. He's an experienced veteran. It's best he gets fully healthy. If it was anything serious I doubt he would have dressed as was reported.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts