Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Time to Eat Crow

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by K Major Speaking of the LA Rams ... McVay had those guys in trips (3 WR's) & sometimes 4 receiver sets pretty much the entire game vs Carolina. Dennis Allen has his work cut out for him ...

Like Tree43Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #21
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,443
Re: Time to Eat Crow

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Speaking of the LA Rams ...

McVay had those guys in trips (3 WR's) & sometimes 4 receiver sets pretty much the entire game vs Carolina.

Dennis Allen has his work cut out for him on Sunday.
Did it last year and we beat them ...
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:12 PM   #22
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 37,372
Blog Entries: 39
Re: Time to Eat Crow

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Speaking of the LA Rams ...

McVay had those guys in trips (3 WR's) & sometimes 4 receiver sets pretty much the entire game vs Carolina.

Dennis Allen has his work cut out for him on Sunday.
Last Night One of my buddies said something interesting while watching game - the reason why both Rams @ Panthers, Saints vs Texans games were so tight was because Saints, Rams were holding playbook back...

I do feel with the Rams being lighter on the defensive line, we should see even more running by Payton Week 2...
SmashMouth and K Major like this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #23
Fan Since 1967
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,270
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Time to Eat Crow

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
The Texans look like a carbon copy of us last year. It’s the Watson/Hopkins show. Will bite them in the end.
Already bit them!
Beastmode and The Dude like this.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,443
Re: Time to Eat Crow

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Last Night One of my buddies said something interesting while watching game - the reason why both Rams @ Panthers, Saints vs Texans games were so tight was because Saints, Rams were holding playbook back...

I do feel with the Rams being lighter on the defensive line, we should see even more running by Payton Week 2...
No way Payton would hold the play book back considering how important was to get a W in week 1 given how tough the next 3 games are. Too important for momentum and player moral. If we lost the first game we could easily be looking at an O-4 start to the season. The whole organization was looking to break our streak of opening day losses. Ur friends a nut.
Crusader and Beastmode like this.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:13 AM   #25
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 7,666
Re: Time to Eat Crow

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
No way Payton would hold the play book back considering how important was to get a W in week 1 given how tough the next 3 games are. Too important for momentum and player moral. If we lost the first game we could easily be looking at an O-4 start to the season. The whole organization was looking to break our streak of opening day losses. Ur friends a nut.
I agree on this. Preseason you might hold back but come the regular season every game is so important that you do whatever it takes to win. The difference between a good and a bad team in the NFL is much smaller than the difference between a good and a bad team in college football. There are no easy games and any team will beat you if you just expect them to roll over.
Beastmode likes this.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #26
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 17,576
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Time to Eat Crow

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Did it last year and we beat them ...
Last year was last year.
jeanpierre likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #27
ENOUGH
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 6,034
Re: Time to Eat Crow

Pretty awesome of you to eat the crow, Beast.

We could put some cayenne on it, though.

I cant say im not worried, this week.
skymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts