Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: Saints lost because...
Referees / bad calls 2 4.26%
Coaches / poor playcalling 10 21.28%
Drew Brees and his turnovers 15 31.91%
Will Lutzís missed FG 0 0%
The Viqueens were the better team 13 27.66%
Saints Defense couldnít make stops when needed 4 8.51%
Goodell / part of the Fixed Football League script 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

The Saints lost because...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by jeanpierre Tre'Quan was a reach as a draft pick and sometimes wonder if Payton forcing it wasn't to save face on a failed pick... Payton to me has this complex about him that heís got to find ...

Like Tree95Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #71
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 7,008
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Tre'Quan was a reach as a draft pick and sometimes wonder if Payton forcing it wasn't to save face on a failed pick...


Payton to me has this complex about him that heís got to find a rabbit in a hat once a year. Ala colston, jari Evans , donte Jackson etc. to show heís a genius in the draft department . Buts itís him that cleaned house one year on his scouting department for his trash picks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #72
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,967
Re: The Saints lost because...

The Saints are 0-42 life time when they don't run to the Commissioner (over 14 times) For Special Treatment and Rule Changes!!!
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #73
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 27,854
Blog Entries: 29
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I disagree.
TE Jared Cook has been lights out...... sits on the sidelines until late 4th quarter?

Why?
Saints needed you on the sidelines...
K Major likes this.
SmashMouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #74
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 34,623
Blog Entries: 37
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Saints needed you on the sidelines...
Too many weapons were on the sidelines when they should have been in the game (Latavius Murray)...
SmashMouth and K Major like this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #75
Site Donor MONTHLY
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 18,734
Blog Entries: 45
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Saints needed you on the sidelines...
Can I have my keyboard and 'puter on the sidelines for ANALYTICS???

SmashMouth and jeanpierre like this.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #76
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,967
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Can I have my keyboard and 'puter on the sidelines for ANALYTICS???

Just an I pad that you have to scroll with the tip of your nose.
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:49 AM   #77
ENOUGH
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 6,032
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
Payton to me has this complex about him that he’s got to find a rabbit in a hat once a year. Ala colston, jari Evans , donte Jackson etc. to show he’s a genius in the draft department . Buts it’s him that cleaned house one year on his scouting department for his trash picks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
... not to mention undrafts. Pierre Thomas.
You point to genius picks to make your point, which shows that he is, in fact, genius.

He wins a lot.
Mike Ditka.
Hank Stram " "
Venturi

Even Bum, Wade, Haslett, & Mora never got us to Miami.
We Spoilt.

I'll take my chances with Sean Payton every year.
SmashMouth likes this.
skymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:21 AM   #78
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 34,623
Blog Entries: 37
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
... not to mention undrafts. Pierre Thomas.
You point to genius picks to make your point, which shows that he is, in fact, genius.

He wins a lot.
Mike Ditka.
Hank Stram " "
Venturi

Even Bum, Wade, Haslett, & Mora never got us to Miami.
We Spoilt.

I'll take my chances with Sean Payton every year.
Look at the case of Don Shula - he had Dan F*cking Marino, in his prime, not the shell of a player Jimmy Johnson rec'd, and only made one Superbowl appearance and lost...

Yes he had the only undefeated season in NFL history - probably the greatest feat in NFL history...

Shula was given the proverbial blank check, stay-as-often-as-you like tenure; Shula never put in the same passion, energy and work as before and failed to build a team around Marino...

Dan Marino - probably the greatest passer in NFL if you were old enough to watch and appreciate football the past fifty years...

Cue response - JP, you're not in the locker room, uh you don't know what's going on - well, the results are on the field with mounting evidence that what Payton's doing/not doing/doing wrong isn't working...

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out either that he doesn't face the same consequences, nor criticisms, that other NFL Head Coaches/GMs face...

Payton gets cute with his motivation gimmicks like his Competition St Sign, but where's the fire under his ass? It's not a healthy situation for the future of this franchise...

So far, Payton is just a one-hit wonder who had Drew Brees as QB, a coach's wet dream, and the most accomplished passer in NFL history...
K Major likes this.

It's not that my way is the right way, I just make the right way my way...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:28 AM   #79
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,361
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
...

Dan Marino - probably the greatest passer in NFL if you were old enough to watch and appreciate football the past fifty years...
My dad always believed that before Dan retired, he'd get back to the Bowl multiple times and win at least 2.

Just never happened.
SmashMouth and st thomas like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #80
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,967
Re: The Saints lost because...

Apologies to Carly Simon


You posted on B&G
Like you always do, A LOT
There was music coming from overhead
Sounds a little like CLASSIC ROCK
You had one eye on the monitor
As you worked on HTML
While all the posts you were writing, posts you were writing
Giving DS and THE MICKSTER more hell........

You're so vain
You probably think this post is about you
You're so vain,
I'll bet you think this post is about you
Don't you?
Don't you?
skymike and st thomas like this.
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/96714-saints-lost-because.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Enemy Fan Forums: New Orleans Saints | Purple Pain Forums This thread Refback 01-05-2020 10:15 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts