Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II I don't know about whether Drew will retire or not this off season but I plan to be at training camp and getting his autograph again. This year and next year too......just sayin'. Last ...

Like Tree63Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #61
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOLA
Posts: 2,296
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
I don't know about whether Drew will retire or not this off season but I plan to be at training camp and getting his autograph again. This year and next year too......just sayin'.
Last year I went to training camp. I've never done it before, we had VIP tickets and were in Benson's balcony. I had an Alvin Kamara jersey on, and happened to get AK to autograph it for me. I also had an old Brees jersey that belongs to my g/f. Well at the last minute Brees walked by, signed it for me and then took a pic with me. I still can't believe I got that, very special moment (even though it was a terrible pic of me).
73Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #62
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 18,675
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
In 2010 I went to my ole mans grave and put a Super Bowl vase full of black and gold flowers and a sign that someone stole. the next one hopefully wonít be my kids Putin it out on mine . GO SAINTS


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn! That's some seriously bad Karma. My condolences.
st thomas likes this.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:42 PM   #63
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 7,006
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Damn! That's some seriously bad Karma. My condolences.


It was my old man that brought me the first saints game ever I was 9 . II caught a pass from Archie Manning at a camp. And fell , he laughed his arse off at me. That hole is still there at Cajun field.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rugby Saint II likes this.
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:30 AM   #64
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 8,083
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Not going to be a popular opinion but signing Brees will be a mistake at this point.

People keep talking of the cap rising so it's not a issue, we'll it is. Its rising for every team and kicking the bucket down the line is just eating in future deals. This team needs freshening up in areas and some of the injury prone pieces need moved on. The game is changing and it's changing fast. There's also alot of players needing paid and if adding Brees for one more year means loading more cap in future years and losing players in their prime its not worth it. The team is short of the required roster to go to the superbowl and the last time Brees played 16 games he fell off a cliff late(though the line has sonething to do with that.) He looked good last year but rested up a third of the season.

The team needs to move on, eat the cap hit on him this year. Re-sign the players at their primes. Make a decision with Kamara, personally if he's looking for 15ml a year trade him or wait to lose him for a comp pick.

"Two receivers to the left, Garcon to the right. Manning in the shotgun, puts Collie in motion. Looks in his direction...it's picked off! It's picked off! It's Tracy Porter again! He's runnin' free! He's gonna go all the way!
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:21 AM   #65
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,613
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Not going to be a popular opinion but signing Brees will be a mistake at this point.

People keep talking of the cap rising so it's not a issue, we'll it is. Its rising for every team and kicking the bucket down the line is just eating in future deals. This team needs freshening up in areas and some of the injury prone pieces need moved on. The game is changing and it's changing fast. There's also alot of players needing paid and if adding Brees for one more year means loading more cap in future years and losing players in their prime its not worth it. The team is short of the required roster to go to the superbowl and the last time Brees played 16 games he fell off a cliff late(though the line has sonething to do with that.) He looked good last year but rested up a third of the season.

The team needs to move on, eat the cap hit on him this year. Re-sign the players at their primes. Make a decision with Kamara, personally if he's looking for 15ml a year trade him or wait to lose him for a comp pick.
Glad you're not making the decision.

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:48 AM   #66
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 7,006
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Not going to be a popular opinion but signing Brees will be a mistake at this point.

People keep talking of the cap rising so it's not a issue, we'll it is. Its rising for every team and kicking the bucket down the line is just eating in future deals. This team needs freshening up in areas and some of the injury prone pieces need moved on. The game is changing and it's changing fast. There's also alot of players needing paid and if adding Brees for one more year means loading more cap in future years and losing players in their prime its not worth it. The team is short of the required roster to go to the superbowl and the last time Brees played 16 games he fell off a cliff late(though the line has sonething to do with that.) He looked good last year but rested up a third of the season.

The team needs to move on, eat the cap hit on him this year. Re-sign the players at their primes. Make a decision with Kamara, personally if he's looking for 15ml a year trade him or wait to lose him for a comp pick.


Weíre just one team of many in a predicament . Dammed if we do and dammed if we donít . Keeping drew doesnít guaranty noda. We would need multiple player restructuring to keep key pieces to make a run. Davenport , Rankins, even Granderson would have to ball out.The draft would have to be a home run again , like a linebacker , guard and a wr thatís on the field day one .Now if drew retires or we let him walk. I still believe we could make the playoffs with teddy B. Because laysum taysom is going to get snatched up which I believe would help us get another great pick ,but to make a run without drew ? Umm and Happy Valentines Day my beotches.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SmashMouth likes this.

thats the fact jack!!!!!
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:06 PM   #67
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,589
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Originally Posted by 73Saint View Post
Last year I went to training camp. I've never done it before, we had VIP tickets and were in Benson's balcony. I had an Alvin Kamara jersey on, and happened to get AK to autograph it for me. I also had an old Brees jersey that belongs to my g/f. Well at the last minute Brees walked by, signed it for me and then took a pic with me. I still can't believe I got that, very special moment (even though it was a terrible pic of me).
But you look so fit in your avatar
Rugby Saint II and 73Saint like this.
Papa Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:33 PM   #68
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,967
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Glad you're not making the decision.

I would love to know who In the hell else in the league would be a better qb and give us a better shot at a SB than Brees THIS year.
Hill is not better at this point and Teddy certainly isnít.
Only other person I can think of that MIGHT be an option is Rivers and that would be a lateral move at best.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:29 AM   #69
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 8,083
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
I would love to know who In the hell else in the league would be a better qb and give us a better shot at a SB than Brees THIS year.
Hill is not better at this point and Teddy certainly isnít.
Only other person I can think of that MIGHT be an option is Rivers and that would be a lateral move at best.

Is not just about this year
You over stretch this year and its kills you for multiple years. We saw come the playoffs how this team isn't close enough. There's alot of holes to fill on this team and paying everyone will just cripple them down the road. Players salaries are escaltong quickly at the moment and teams without space will not get competitive free agents.
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #70
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,623
Re: Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter

Isn’t it obvious by now? We’re not getting into the superbowl in our current form. 3 years in a row.

You got to know when to hold em’, know when to fold em’, and know when to run
WillMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/96909-drew-brees-retirement-talk-isn-t-idle-chatter.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Drew Breesí retirement talk isnít idle chatter This thread Refback 01-28-2020 03:33 PM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts