Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by burningmetal You know, Oak, I've come across a lot of BS in various discussions in these forums. And it usually comes from people being intellectually dishonest, because they have a clear agenda to protect, and not because ...

Like Tree18Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2020, 04:06 AM   #11
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,768
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
You know, Oak, I've come across a lot of BS in various discussions in these forums. And it usually comes from people being intellectually dishonest, because they have a clear agenda to protect, and not because they are incapable of understanding things if they really wanted to.

But with you, it's like you're in your own world, where words somehow have a separate meaning, and it's ALWAYS the fault of someone else for not understanding YOU.

I read very clearly what you said, and at NO POINT did I say that you asked for all covid discussion to stop. I'm saying, there is NOTHING ELSE GOING ON. I don't know how else I can say that, in a way that you won't construe, for the billionth time, that I somehow failed to understand your point. I read your post, I got your point, and I raised you another... Covid keeps coming up, because that's all that's dominating our lives, with all of the actions that are being taken that affect each and every one of us.

There are no games being played. Free agency is over. The draft is a couple of weeks away. We'd all like an escape from what is going on, but we're right in the middle of it, and there just isn't any way around it.

I tried to add a little humor in my post as a gesture toward changing the subject. But I can see that your ego is too strong to notice anything else. So I'll be sure not to waste my time responding to the next thread you start.
Sincerest apologies, I read your reply as a misinterpretation of my post. I watched over 1/2 a dozen co-workers get cut and took a pay cut the day before, head probably wasn't the clearest.

Just so you might understand my replies better in the future, that wasn't arrogance, it was sarcasm.

Last edited by TheOak; 04-09-2020 at 06:18 AM..
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:25 AM   #12
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,768
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by WillMacKenzie View Post
Iím now seeing headlines about people firing into gatherings, and people assaulting people over ďsocial distancing.Ē

Has it really been so easy to bring people to this point? Weíre f***ed.
Were you expecting something different? Katrina shenanigans... LA riots... Crap, Black Friday shopping....

We hope that people act civilized, but the percentage of people in prison for violent crimes speaks to how civilized mankind truly is.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,824
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Sincerest apologies, I read your reply as a misinterpretation of my post. I watched over 1/2 a dozen co-workers get cut and took a pay cut the day before, head probably wasn't the clearest.

Just so you might understand my replies better in the future, that wasn't arrogance, it was sarcasm.
I'm not sure what kind of apology ends in you saying you were being sarcastic, but I'm assuming not a genuine one. I also do not ask for any apology, though I'll accept it, nonetheless. All I ask, is stop implying I don't understand you.

I had no "problem" with your original post. I merely wanted to point out that it should not be surprising that coronavirus conversations are all you see in every thread, when this is all that's going on. Some people believe the hype and are scared, and some of us are angry that this country is being duped. But whatever side people fall on, it's brought everything around us to a halt, and this forum is where some of us go just to vent.

So while I appreciate and agree with your desire to have an escape from the topic, it's just not practical, at least in my mind, that people are going to come to this thread only, for this topic. Everywhere you turn, something else we enjoy is affected by all of this. That is the long version of the point I was trying to make, without poo pooing your idea, altogether. Because I got what you were trying to do.
K Major likes this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:18 AM   #14
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,768
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
I'm not sure what kind of apology ends in you saying you were being sarcastic, but I'm assuming not a genuine one. I also do not ask for any apology, though I'll accept it, nonetheless. All I ask, is stop implying I don't understand you.

I had no "problem" with your original post. I merely wanted to point out that it should not be surprising that coronavirus conversations are all you see in every thread, when this is all that's going on. Some people believe the hype and are scared, and some of us are angry that this country is being duped. But whatever side people fall on, it's brought everything around us to a halt, and this forum is where some of us go just to vent.

So while I appreciate and agree with your desire to have an escape from the topic, it's just not practical, at least in my mind, that people are going to come to this thread only, for this topic. Everywhere you turn, something else we enjoy is affected by all of this. That is the long version of the point I was trying to make, without poo pooing your idea, altogether. Because I got what you were trying to do.
I don't always assume you are misunderstanding as though you 'cant comprehend', Its more like misreading or misinterpreting which happens often when people aren't talking face to face.

See if this makes more sense.. The apology was sincere. The previous reply that started this was sarcasm, not arrogance (in reference to your comment about my ego).

Thank you for accepting my apology. If you ever think I am being patronizing or arrogant its probably not intentional but just ask. Ill tell you.
burningmetal likes this.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #15
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 12,788
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Let's talk about a man at a park with his 6 year old daughter being handcuffed and detained for being at a park with his 6 year old daughter. Let's also discuss the woman out driving alone in her car ticketed for being out driving in her car alone.

Sounds important
TheOak likes this.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:37 AM   #16
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,768
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Let's talk about a man at a park with his 6 year old daughter being handcuffed and detained for being at a park with his 6 year old daughter. Let's also discuss the woman out driving alone in her car ticketed for being out driving in her car alone.

Sounds important
I heard about both..

Sounds asinine and the product of someone that was promoted to incompetence (Peter Principle) misunderstanding the application and function of policy.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:40 AM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,824
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
I don't always assume you are misunderstanding as though you 'cant comprehend', Its more like misreading or misinterpreting which happens often when people aren't talking face to face.

See if this makes more sense.. The apology was sincere. The previous reply that started this was sarcasm, not arrogance (in reference to your comment about my ego).

Thank you for accepting my apology. If you ever think I am being patronizing or arrogant its probably not intentional but just ask. Ill tell you.
We'll shake virtual hands on that note. I'll admit, for my part, that my patience is thinner than usual, and my annoyance meter is therefore higher. Let's move on.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #18
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,768
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Let's talk about a man at a park with his 6 year old daughter being handcuffed and detained for being at a park with his 6 year old daughter. Let's also discuss the woman out driving alone in her car ticketed for being out driving in her car alone.

Sounds important
Stupidity is also a global pandemic
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...uEHqWSupVEQnu0
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #19
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 9,000
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Thank you All
saintsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:20 PM   #20
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,777
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
To everyone in a panic and those that argue projection models... Just dont.

The basis for all of it is garbage and both the government and their agencies will make you look foolish.

Stop trusting what they tell you. Its crap and DHS should take a ton of politicians in to custody for inciting terror.

https://thehayride.com/2020/04/the-i...2VP_3X703yskOg
This. I dont believe a word of anything we are being told about the numbers. There are simply too many variables for them to be accurate. I donít trust them that they would tell us the truth even if they did have accurate numbers.
saintsfan1976 likes this.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/97516-black-gold-official-covid-19-discussion-please.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-07-2020 03:40 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts