Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I find my sef coming here lately to get a break from Covid-19 discussions only to click a thread and find that it has turned into a Covid-19 discussion. Maybe we could keep all the Covid-19 discussions here in one ...

Like Tree18Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #1
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,866
The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

I find my sef coming here lately to get a break from Covid-19 discussions only to click a thread and find that it has turned into a Covid-19 discussion.

Maybe we could keep all the Covid-19 discussions here in one thread so that people have an escape? Its healthy for people to have an escape.

I'll even seed a few discussion points from what i know.

1. Stop looking at WHO, China, or any UN statistics for that matter.. They are all lies. The WHO Ignored Taiwan officials concerns over human to human transmission of Covid-19 in Wuhan in December over fears of damaging WHO’s relationship with China.
https://www.thenation.com/article/wo...navirus-china/

2. Why was Italy hit so hard? Because of trade, specifically between Northern Italy and Wuhan China.... and a Northern Italy lock-down that caused infected people to travel south spreading it across the entire country.
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...C07kFFrVONabVo

3. Stop comparing Spanish Flu to Covid-19.. CNN did a piece on masks and why things changed between 1918 and now. Read the entire piece it all sounds logical... Now what is missing? Maybe the part that the Spanish Flu of 1918 was ****ing airborn and Covid-9 isnt should be a one line answer to the question in the title. CNN= Lazy hack jobs.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/ameri...hnk/index.html

I am not asking anyone not to talk about what is going on, just asking that we allow everyone to talk about only football when they want.
jnormand, neugey and blackangold like this.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. ~ Henry David Thoreau
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,882
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Unfortunately, what else is there to talk about? I agree that an escape from the madness is needed, but there just isn't anything going on, and venting about the idiocy of this whole situation is pretty much what happens.

Unless we all start talking about our personal lives. Today, I ate pizza. It was good. I think I'll have it again in the future. I like pizza and football. A football has a weird shape... It's made of pig skin. Some people eat fried pig skin. I wonder if it tastes like a football?

I don't know why the Kardashian's are famous.

A cousin of mine once told me that milk is cold... And wet. It's not that I disagreed with her, but I'm not sure what her point was... And I still don't know why the Kardashian's are famous.


Well, man, I tried.
Rugby Saint II likes this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:07 AM   #3
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,866
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Unfortunately, what else is there to talk about? I agree that an escape from the madness is needed, but there just isn't anything going on, and venting about the idiocy of this whole situation is pretty much what happens.

Unless we all start talking about our personal lives. Today, I ate pizza. It was good. I think I'll have it again in the future. I like pizza and football. A football has a weird shape... It's made of pig skin. Some people eat fried pig skin. I wonder if it tastes like a football?

I don't know why the Kardashian's are famous.

A cousin of mine once told me that milk is cold... And wet. It's not that I disagreed with her, but I'm not sure what her point was... And I still don't know why the Kardashian's are famous.


Well, man, I tried.
It doesnt sound like you bothered to read what I wrote at all. No where did I request that anyone stop talking about it. I just requested a consolidation of discussion to allow other topics to be Covid-19 free.

Topic distancing....
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:22 AM   #4
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,866
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

To everyone in a panic and those that argue projection models... Just dont.

The basis for all of it is garbage and both the government and their agencies will make you look foolish.

Stop trusting what they tell you. Its crap and DHS should take a ton of politicians in to custody for inciting terror.

https://thehayride.com/2020/04/the-i...2VP_3X703yskOg
Beastmode likes this.

Last edited by TheOak; 04-08-2020 at 05:32 AM..
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 AM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,882
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
It doesnt sound like you bothered to read what I wrote at all. No where did I request that anyone stop talking about it. I just requested a consolidation of discussion to allow other topics to be Covid-19 free.

Topic distancing....
You know, Oak, I've come across a lot of BS in various discussions in these forums. And it usually comes from people being intellectually dishonest, because they have a clear agenda to protect, and not because they are incapable of understanding things if they really wanted to.

But with you, it's like you're in your own world, where words somehow have a separate meaning, and it's ALWAYS the fault of someone else for not understanding YOU.

I read very clearly what you said, and at NO POINT did I say that you asked for all covid discussion to stop. I'm saying, there is NOTHING ELSE GOING ON. I don't know how else I can say that, in a way that you won't construe, for the billionth time, that I somehow failed to understand your point. I read your post, I got your point, and I raised you another... Covid keeps coming up, because that's all that's dominating our lives, with all of the actions that are being taken that affect each and every one of us.

There are no games being played. Free agency is over. The draft is a couple of weeks away. We'd all like an escape from what is going on, but we're right in the middle of it, and there just isn't any way around it.

I tried to add a little humor in my post as a gesture toward changing the subject. But I can see that your ego is too strong to notice anything else. So I'll be sure not to waste my time responding to the next thread you start.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:34 AM   #6
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,062
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

MLB says they are seriously considering starting games using their training camp fields. This might work well considering those parks being so close. No traveling city to city so the potential virus exsposure is next to nothing.

It could work for just about any sport if there are fields, arenas in close proximity. I hope MLB goes for it because we need something right now beside constant virus coverage. Can't get away from it.
jnormand likes this.
Beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #7
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 9,083
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

I don't see anything wrong with The Oak's post. It seems he's trying to create a single thread directly related to COVID. That's fine.

However, for many people this is the single greatest event of our lifetimes. Financially, mentally, emotionally.... it's impossible not to discuss it's impact and how it may or may not relate to sports.

So, either you want to come to this specific post to discuss COVID-related issues or you don't. You may chose to PM each other and offer support. That's fine too.

The most important thing, is that we remain respectful of each other's thoughts and opinions through this time.
SmashMouth likes this.

saintsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,623
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

I’m now seeing headlines about people firing into gatherings, and people assaulting people over “social distancing.”

Has it really been so easy to bring people to this point? We’re f***ed.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
WillMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Few trackers I find useful:

For daily numbers-
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

For projected death and peak hospital usage (by state is included)-
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Some good news, they just lowered projected death count to 60k. When mitigation efforts first started the projection was 140-220k.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 63
Re: The Black&Gold Official Covid-19 Discussion (please)

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
You know, Oak, I've come across a lot of BS in various discussions in these forums. And it usually comes from people being intellectually dishonest, because they have a clear agenda to protect, and not because they are incapable of understanding things if they really wanted to.

But with you, it's like you're in your own world, where words somehow have a separate meaning, and it's ALWAYS the fault of someone else for not understanding YOU.

I read very clearly what you said, and at NO POINT did I say that you asked for all covid discussion to stop. I'm saying, there is NOTHING ELSE GOING ON. I don't know how else I can say that, in a way that you won't construe, for the billionth time, that I somehow failed to understand your point. I read your post, I got your point, and I raised you another... Covid keeps coming up, because that's all that's dominating our lives, with all of the actions that are being taken that affect each and every one of us.

There are no games being played. Free agency is over. The draft is a couple of weeks away. We'd all like an escape from what is going on, but we're right in the middle of it, and there just isn't any way around it.

I tried to add a little humor in my post as a gesture toward changing the subject. But I can see that your ego is too strong to notice anything else. So I'll be sure not to waste my time responding to the next thread you start.
Correct.

But, I can tell you that some people in the world live in some sort of alternate reality so it will not matter what you say, even if it is on video with 1000 witnesses.
JayFoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/97516-black-gold-official-covid-19-discussion-please.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-07-2020 03:40 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts