Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintfan I do understand why tempers flare. I'm a grownup. I also understand that saying, "I punched that guy because my temper flared" is precisely the same as saying, "I can't control my temper." Pretty much everyone ...

Like Tree91Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2020, 05:39 AM   #131
Threaded by TheOak
10000 POST CLUB
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,864

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I do understand why tempers flare. I'm a grownup. I also understand that saying, "I punched that guy because my temper flared" is precisely the same as saying, "I can't control my temper."
Pretty much everyone loses their temper once in a while and itís generally out of frustration. As far as throwing a punch, how many ďget the fu&k off meĒ punches are thrown from the bottom of a pile each play? Thatís frustration and losing your temper. No difference and doesnít make 3/4 of the team people with anger issues and uncontrollable tempers.

Tom Brady throwing his helmet.. losing his temper. The only reason he throws his helmet and not a fist is because even the kicker could whip his ass. Itís a tactile decision lol.

With all the crap going on this year/season in life Iíd expect stress to be up, fuses to be short, and Iím surprised we havenít seen more flair ups.
Views: 2921
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:57 AM   #132
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,294
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Pretty much everyone loses their temper once in a while and itís generally out of frustration. As far as throwing a punch, how many ďget the fu&k off meĒ punches are thrown from the bottom of a pile each play? Thatís frustration and losing your temper. No difference and doesnít make 3/4 of the team people with anger issues and uncontrollable tempers.

Tom Brady throwing his helmet.. losing his temper. The only reason he throws his helmet and not a fist is because even the kicker could whip his ass. Itís a tactile decision lol.

With all the crap going on this year/season in life Iíd expect stress to be up, fuses to be short, and Iím surprised we havenít seen more flair ups.
Everyone loses their temper. Not everyone strikes another person. As a "strategy" at the bottom of a scrum is not the same as striking another human being out of anger.

There simply is no excuse.
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #133
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 9,400
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Things are good with Mike now. Sources say he realized he has some things to work on and the team is good now.
st thomas and Pete like this.
ChrisXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:32 PM   #134
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 4,671
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
Things are good with Mike now. Sources say he realized he has some things to work on and the team is good now.
I thought I saw a pig fly today - this explains it.
FinSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #135
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 1,650
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
I thought I saw a pig fly today - this explains it.

When tempers flared, cooler heads prevail. Heís young and this is a learning experience.
Lord_Saint83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts