Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Dome Patrol #1 Linebacking Corp....

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Is anyone here familiar with Wikipedia? If so, I noticed that the "Dome Patrol" has not gotten their due. That is to say, there is not an article about them. Each member of the DP has an individual article, however, ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 661
Is anyone here familiar with Wikipedia? If so, I noticed that the "Dome Patrol" has not gotten their due. That is to say, there is not an article about them. Each member of the DP has an individual article, however, the corp as a whole does not. I would think that now would be as good a time as any to write an article about the DP, especailly considering their recent accolades. I believe I can write the article, but I need some help putting some sources together. The following facts would have to be included: 1) The years the corp was completely intact. 2) The fact that the entire squad started the Pro-Bowl (I believe that had never happen, or has since been accomplished). 3) The total number of Pro-Bowls between all members, both with the Saints and career. 4) The recent accolade of being named the #1 LB corp of all-time.

Anyone else care to add to this, or have any sources for documentation purposes?
mjf150 is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,130
Originally Posted by redwolf_5 View Post
Personally, I liked Vaughan the best, even from his USFL Jacksonville Bulls days. Tough hitter, versatile, decent pass coverage guy, can blitz well enough. I think his problem was he was the Gemini or "Jack of all trades" if you will of the group. He did all well, but no one redeeming quality, save maybe for that aforementioned hitting. Jackson was the blitz man on one side, Swilling especially known for it on the other and good pass coverage guy, and Sam Mills good lateral guy and of course he was famous for being "too small" and 'small school" guy to play in the NFL. Vaughan had really none or of that, or maybe ALL of that (decent height if I recall). And to top it off, from every interview id seen of him, all around good and cool guy. never met him though. any one know what he's up to these days? glad as a group they got their due.
You forgot to mention thet no one ran at Johnson. That was the last person you wanted to run at.
Papa Voodoo is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,954
Blog Entries: 5
Ahhh the LB'ing corps built by Mora-Benson era.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #24
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,981
Blog Entries: 52
Tom Benson acquired the franchise in 1985, and hired Jim Finks as general manager and Jim Mora as head coach.
Rickey Jackson New Orleans Saints (1981-1993)
the rest he gets credit for.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #25
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 657
Nice to hear the Saints LBs were the best.
saintsrule is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #26
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 31
It's great to see these guys get the respect and recognition they deserve. Excuse me, I'm having flashbacks of the mayhem and destruction caused by the Dome Patrol on sunday's. WOW!!! What a rush.
avlsaint55 is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #27
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
Ok you guys in carolina got 1 part of the patrol. Sorry you never got listed. Keep trying one day you might get there. The NFL network will do a DL and you might get listed there. doubt it but maybe.

I'm just curious. Did the dome patrol even win a playoff game? Didnt think so.
gengizk is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #28
Cold as Ice!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Da Big Easy
Posts: 2,978
Originally Posted by gengizk View Post
I'm just curious. Did the dome patrol even win a playoff game? Didnt think so.

congrats panthers fan on getting to the show once, but this year is ours. plus yall qb is too overrated to ever get back there!!!! peace
FireVenturi is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #29
DARE TO ENTER
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home Sweet Home, NEW ORLEANS, La.
Posts: 1,154
Originally Posted by gengizk View Post
Yes but Ricky Jackson was never a panther. Sam Mills was. That is the only reason why the dome patrol was voted #1.
Your right, Ricky Jackson was never a Panther. But he was a 49'er and he has a Superbowl ring to prove it. Did Sam Mills ever get a ring in Carolina? No, he didn't. So what exactly is your point?
blacksaint is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #30
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,954
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
Tom Benson acquired the franchise in 1985, and hired Jim Finks as general manager and Jim Mora as head coach.
Rickey Jackson New Orleans Saints (1981-1993)
the rest he gets credit for.

That puts the Dome Patrol coming together about 1986-1987... BENSON-Mora-Finks erra and the rest of the supporting cast coming in 1986-87 season. Ricky Jackson was there before everyone else... but he wasn't doing it all on his own until Benson bought the Saints and brought in the supporting cast. Some of you may see where I am going with this...
Euphoria is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts