Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

McFadden at 10? Trade up?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Boogro To be honest, I'd rather have a number 12 ranked D. PT had over 200 yds of total offense and we lost because we couldn't stop Kyle Orton. The 0-8 Rams beat us because we couldn't ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #21
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Uptown
Posts: 10
Re: McFadden Anyone?

Originally Posted by Boogro View Post
To be honest, I'd rather have a number 12 ranked D. PT had over 200 yds of total offense and we lost because we couldn't stop Kyle Orton. The 0-8 Rams beat us because we couldn't stop the 3rd and 17s and the offense couldn't get on the field. We are not that bad at RB. I like McFadden as much as the next guy, but the draft is deep with good rbs that can play, so if he falls then I would be willing to trade down, definately.
Absolutely agree. This team should be focused on the front 7 and pass rush. McCray was a good signing for this purpose, as I would guess he'll be used mostly on third and long situations with Grant possibly sliding over to DT, plus bringing in Vilma allows more blitzes from the OLB's as Vilma can cover a ton of ground when healthy.

Improve the pass rush and those 3rd and long completions disappear, plus nothing masks a weak secondary better than a QB under consistent pressure, I mean look at the Giants, their secondary sucks and they held the Pats to 14 points because their line was in Brady's face all game long.

[IMG]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7820/bergeronbannerij8.jpg[/IMG]
Get well soon, Patrice!
blackngold4877 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #22
PorkchopExpress
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 608
Blog Entries: 2
Re: McFadden at 10? Trade up?

have to agree with Boogro...you have to take an offer and trade down. We still need 3 or 4 more pieces to fix our defense and if we could acquire more picks to do it, then do it. Also, if McFadden is still on the board, it means that a lot of the defensive guys we are targeting have already been picked. Move down, get a couple extra picks and we can still draft a Cb, DT, and LB and maybe a Safety too. There is no way you move up. Just think of how good our offense can be if our defense is good enough to hold people to a couple 3 and outs....and who knows what will happen if we ever get a defense that learns how to take the ball away from the other team.

It's all in the reflexes.
Bobaganoosh is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #23
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Uptown
Posts: 10
Re: McFadden at 10? Trade up?

Originally Posted by Bobaganoosh View Post
have to agree with Boogro...you have to take an offer and trade down. We still need 3 or 4 more pieces to fix our defense and if we could acquire more picks to do it, then do it. Also, if McFadden is still on the board, it means that a lot of the defensive guys we are targeting have already been picked. Move down, get a couple extra picks and we can still draft a Cb, DT, and LB and maybe a Safety too. There is no way you move up. Just think of how good our offense can be if our defense is good enough to hold people to a couple 3 and outs....and who knows what will happen if we ever get a defense that learns how to take the ball away from the other team.
I think you have to try and trade down at 10, and really there's no way Dallas won't trade up to 10 for McFadden but I honestly don't think he'll get by the Pats if he's there at 7. Trading down there would be a classic Belichick move, and don't think he wouldn't love the irony in getting 2 firsts back for that pick.

Still in the event that McFadden is there at 10 and Dallas will swap their 2 firsts for him, the Saints can probably grab Brandon Flowers and Dan Connor in the first and help two major holes then grab Pat Sims at 40 to help DT and really call it an off season at that point.

[IMG]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7820/bergeronbannerij8.jpg[/IMG]
Get well soon, Patrice!
blackngold4877 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #24
PorkchopExpress
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 608
Blog Entries: 2
Re: McFadden at 10? Trade up?

trading down and acquiring picks means the possiblilities are endless. The saints would be able to land a young CB, a young DT, and either a LB or TE or lineman to help add youth and then everyone is happy. Moving down makes the most sense for the long term growth of the team.
Bobaganoosh is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #25
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,392
Blog Entries: 5
Re: McFadden at 10? Trade up?

So I guess the answer is no. But McFadden would sell season tickets. LOL
foreverfan is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #26
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Uptown
Posts: 10
Re: McFadden at 10? Trade up?

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
So I guess the answer is no. But McFadden would sell season tickets. LOL
Bush and Brees sell enough tickets, I have the 2006 season ticket holder "season sellout" banner to prove it.

Titles sell the most tickets, and for that we need defense.
blackngold4877 is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #27
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 538
Re: McFadden at 10? Trade up?

Trade him to Jerry Jones and the Cowgirls for the two #1s and a# 4 Pick Branden Albert future pro bowl OG or Quentin Groves DE, and D. Connor OLB , 2ND rd pick would be Pat Sims DT, 3rd rd either Matt Forte or Ray Rice,with Big D's 4th rd pick Charles Godfrey Cb ,5th rd Quentin Demps SS, 6th rd Colt Brennan QB, 7th rd Jacob Hester FB or Jack Ikewuonu CB
triman is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #28
The Professor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lithonia, GA
Posts: 1,722
Re: ok, here's the scenerio, mcfadden drops to 10......

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
I think he's be able to tackle Brees unabaited, but that's not what the Saints will be paying him for, so what's your point?
The point is that he doesn't play defense and the Saints still need to improve their defense.

The only way I take McFadden is if we can trade him for some defensive talent.

The only top offensive player worth considering, Randy Moss, is off the table. No reason to seriously look at anyone else.

SFIAH
SaintFanInATLHELL is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #29
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 227
Re: McFadden at 10? Trade up?

I wouldn't mind McFadden first round.. I would make Bush a permanent slot receiver then.. I know the defense needs to be fixed but it's just one pick.. you still got 6 or so other picks to evaluate talent.. with that said.. I think Jonathan Stewart would be a nice fit to replace Duece in the future..

but anyways I'm just really high on the Cromartie dude.. I have a reeally good feeling about him being an absolute playmaker..
beauchristopher is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #30
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: born And raised in NOLA, now live in Los Angeles
Posts: 810
Re: McFadden at 10? Trade up?

Bottom line is we need Rivers, defense wins chapionships and we aren't gonna win anything until we fix our defense.
lsutigerfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts