Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by HintOfLogic The point being.... I got pissed that everyone started getting vocal and became negotiators in regards to Sharper's return and at what cost. Everyone thought he wanted too much. He DID want too much. That was ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 03:42 AM   #91
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
The point being.... I got pissed that everyone started getting vocal and became negotiators in regards to Sharper's return and at what cost. Everyone thought he wanted too much.
He DID want too much. That was the point. He was in a contract year and asked for TOO MUCH MONEY. How dare fans point that out!!!!!!



Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
First off, we are an unarguably better team with Sharper. I am not the type to get directly critical about dollar amounts. I wanted... needed Sharper back. I could give a f*** at what cost it took.
We are unarguably a better team with Bush too. And he is not in a contract year. Yet you choose to drag him into conversations that have nothing to do with his contract status. I won't point out the folly of saying pay Sharper whatever he wants then to go and moan about Bush's contract. My 2 year old can see that. Instead, i will ask you this. For all your whining about it, what in terms of players we could not sign, salary cap restrictions, lost seats, closure of your favorite hot dog stand at the Dome, or any other made up reaaon youcan come up with has Reggie's contract cost us? Give me a solid reason why you gripe about it ALL THE TIME.

Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
and you can spare me the "what the FO thinks who just won a Superbowl, vs. what you think... so you must be wrong" cr@p
I'm going to try and make a subtle point here, I hope I am artistic enough. The crux of my issue with your posts is your attitude about being convinced you are right and insulting of those that disagree with you. I never said the front office was right because they won a SB. Instead, you have repeatedly said they are wrong. How? Because they are keeping Bush at the salary they are when they could choose not to. You can disagree with this and you may be right. But you have used words like "ignorance" to describe those that do not throw their hands up and shout with you "OVERPAID". I pointed out that the FO is among those that disagree. Big difference you choose to overlook.




Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
I dropped in to remind people how silly (and hypocritical) it is to talk chump change about our best defensive player when Benson is just funneling money to Reggie's account.
No, you dropped in to moan about Reggie's contract like you always do. Nothing more.




Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
You can't just tell me that Bush's contract is pre-arranged so we can't care / comment.... yet, Sharper is in negotiation so it's fair to talk CHEAP!.... because to me, that's exactly what you're saying. It's not limited to that and you know this.... Just like Grant, sh!t changes. Also, you can't tell me that we know that there hasn't been silent agreements and restructuring behind closed doors with Bush to come back for less.... it'd be in both's best interest and in both's best interest to remain discrete.
Look at it this way. First, you have to take off your Bush hater glasses for a few seconds. At the end of the NFL season, the FO has to make a descision about every player on their roster. Some are under contract for the next year already, so the descision is as easy as "yes I want to keep that guy under his current deal or no I don't". Brees, Vilma, Grant, and Bush were all guys that fit this. After that, they move on to the guys (like Sharper) that are not under contract and are free agents. This is not a yes or no. It requires negotiation. So what you were doing with your Bush vs Sharper contract ragging is referred to as "comparing apples to oranges".


Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
but in all, my jab at the Sharper dollars debate was fueled by the frustration that set me off at how quick the B&G nation could turn on a player like Sharper!!!!!
So, judging the current market status and saying a guy (again looking for a contract-not a guy under a deal) is not worth the franchise offer he wants and believing he should sign for less is turning on a player? Even when things happened exactly as those people you say turned on him said they would? Your turnng on Bush is a far bigger crime.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #92
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 273
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Arguing with this fool is a waste of time hes biased and ecentric to his opinion.. Sharper is NOT THE BEST PLAYER on DEFENSE its Clearly Jon Vilma , Jabari Greer is #2 stop getting infatuated with stats Greer went down Shapers stats went down.
VillainAgain is offline  
Old 05-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #93
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,878
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Nice work, StM and VA. I give you temporary visual REP because I, once again, cannot give you permanent REP because it is too soon and I have to spread it out. FF...I asked you to fix that...wuzup widat?

The next few sentences I'm about to type are going to sound kinda stupid, but...I don't care.

To HoL...

Some of us just don't care how much money they pay Reggie...we just like him. We liked watching him in college and we were happy when the Saints drafted him. For me...it was much more than just getting Reggie Bush. For me...it was the FO telling me, "OK...we're going to start spending money, taking chances, and drafting or signing FA's that we think will bring us a SB ring, because that's what we covet most. To hell with the money...we want the ring, and we're willing to take chances!"

Reggie Bush brings glitter to a team that badly needed something. We don't question how much they pay Loomis or Payton or any of the scouts. However, they all bring something to the team...even though it's hard to see it on the field.

Reggie does have his moments. 2 punt returns for TD's doesn't happen every day. Five yard flights into the endzone are rare for most people...but not Reggie. Leaving people searching for their jock is not something everybody can do. Outrunning CB's to the endzone is not easy.

There's more to the game than meets the eye...and the ultimate prize is the ring. When Reggie was on the board to be drafted, I told my sis-in-law that I would no longer be a Saint fan if they passed on him. I admit that he hasn't gained the yards on the ground that I hoped, but he has provided highlight after highlight, and we have won a SB with Reggie Bush on our roster...something that hadn't happened for 43 years! So...I'm happy with everyone on the roster and I could give a rat's butt how much they make...or how much they make next year, for that matter. I'm just happy for now.

Whether you think you can or think you can't...you're right!
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 05-31-2010, 05:24 AM   #94
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 194
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
When Reggie was on the board to be drafted, I told my sis-in-law that I would no longer be a Saint fan if they passed on him.
sigh [rolls eyes] .... you don't say
HintOfLogic is offline  
Old 05-31-2010, 05:35 AM   #95
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 194
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Originally Posted by VillainAgain View Post
I use the term transitioning player because his running style has not translated to the pro game well so to become better he has to transform his running style and transition his skills to that hence the term "transitioning player" Was Drew Brees the monster he is his Rookie year?? 3 seasons later he started to shine because he transitioned his game meaning he was a transitioning player just because a guy has been in the leage a few years doesnt mean they automatically will be a stud ...You failed to learn from my posts all of which I know I effectively explained clearly, you get lost trying to over articulate yourself if you truly read my posts then youd know that your hypocrisy has been unproductive and a waste of time ...GOOD DAY SIR!!!!!

wow, that was a whole bunch of stupidness

.... and you can spare me the ghetto'd up, chest banging, hype yourself up speeches before and after your post. It doesn't make them any more valid.

So let me ask you.... Could "transitioning" mean: he hasn't worked out for all of the things that we've hired him, hoped for, and tested tirelessly for, so we'll keep putting him into different situations until we find out for sure what he does best?

has Reggie transitioned his running style? how?
HintOfLogic is offline  
Old 05-31-2010, 07:09 AM   #96
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,878
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
wow, that was a whole bunch of stupidness
How long is this going to go on...can you post without using the word stupid or ignorant?

Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
he hasn't worked out for all of the things that we've hired him
You're right...whole team is just a bunch of losers.
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 AM   #97
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 2,862
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Cant we all just get along. Dont turn the best Saints forum into SR.com. PLEASE!!!!!!!!
B_Dub_Saint is offline  
Old 05-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #98
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 273
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
wow, that was a whole bunch of stupidness

.... and you can spare me the ghetto'd up, chest banging, hype yourself up speeches before and after your post. It doesn't make them any more valid.

So let me ask you.... Could "transitioning" mean: he hasn't worked out for all of the things that we've hired him, hoped for, and tested tirelessly for, so we'll keep putting him into different situations until we find out for sure what he does best?

has Reggie transitioned his running style? how?
Mods excuse my language i do know the rules.. Im tired of explaining stuff to you it takes sum guys more time then others to shine Logic SMD your officially on the Villains violate list I tried and kept it professional and tried to be the adult in the matter but your just straight up retarded you dont read anything but your name i swear your an idiot and dont know sh-it about football shut the fuhk up and get a new team just cause you played madden doesnt mean you know football or even can comment About it I will violate you at all hours of the day from here on out no im not upset Iv just worn weary of your stupidity so i say eat a d1ck and do it twice
VillainAgain is offline  
Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #99
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 194
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Originally Posted by VillainAgain View Post
Mods excuse my language i do know the rules.. Im tired of explaining stuff to you it takes sum guys more time then others to shine Logic SMD your officially on the Villains violate list I tried and kept it professional and tried to be the adult in the matter but your just straight up retarded you dont read anything but your name i swear your an idiot and dont know sh-it about football shut the fuhk up and get a new team just cause you played madden doesnt mean you know football or even can comment About it I will violate you at all hours of the day from here on out no im not upset Iv just worn weary of your stupidity so i say eat a d1ck and do it twice

wheeww.... I made it through your post. Hey it's all the same to me, I'm getting pretty tired of trying to read through your post. In typical fashion, you never answer my questions anyway, which by the way are football related. You just ramble on about how righteous you are, referring to yourself in third person and change the subject by expelling all of your words keeping the focus on your thoughts about me.... and not addressing my theories. I can't tell you how upset your threat of "violating me" with all of your ghetto chest banging makes me.
HintOfLogic is offline  
Old 05-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #100
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 273
Re: Pierre Thomas is the Saints best back & a true fan favorite

Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
wheeww.... I made it through your post. Hey it's all the same to me, I'm getting pretty tired of trying to read through your post. In typical fashion, you never answer my questions anyway, which by the way are football related. You just ramble on about how righteous you are, referring to yourself in third person and change the subject by expelling all of your words keeping the focus on your thoughts about me.... and not addressing my theories. I can't tell you how upset your threat of "violating me" with all of your ghetto chest banging makes me.
Eat a D1ck
VillainAgain is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts