Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Moss to visit Saints(update pg.7)

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Story on Moss's forty time in Metarie: NFL.com news: Moss 'looked like the old Randy' during workout with Saints...

Like Tree37Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #111
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Story on Moss's forty time in Metarie:

NFL.com news: Moss 'looked like the old Randy' during workout with Saints
gandhi1007 is offline  
Latest Blogs
How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Childhood Trauma Prevention Last Blog: 08-29-2014 By: Barry from MS


Old 03-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #112
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by BGWhoDat View Post
I'm not hating on Moss I simply said he isn't first ballot. To say I don't know football - there's no reason to disrespect someone like that because they simply don't agree with your opinion.

A lot of his issues the past couple seasons with half assing routes, his character problems and such, will hurt him.

Moss is a second ballot WR in my due to the fact of the issues I've stated and there only being two first ballot WR's since 1970. The odds aren't in his favor.

In no way did I say his numbers weren't impressive or first ballot worthy, nor did I say he wasn't credible. I'm aware of the QBs he has played with.

There's no need to say I'm fooling myself or don't know football. Relax buddy.
No one was trying to disrespect you. When a guy already has numbers such as that (2nd best WR numbers all time) & he's obviously not done. Why on earth would he not be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer? Off the field issues? No ring? That's like saying Ray Lewis won't be 1st ballot because he was investigated for a murder or Marino shouldn't have been 1st ballot because he didn't get a ring. It doesn't make sense. I know WR's are generally overlooked by voters, but this guy dominated the league for over a decade.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...gs/12-3006.jpg

______________________________
KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!
-G.I. Joe
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #113
Who Dat Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by gandhi1007 View Post
No one was trying to disrespect you. When a guy already has numbers such as that (2nd best WR numbers all time) & he's obviously not done. Why on earth would he not be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer? Off the field issues? No ring? That's like saying Ray Lewis won't be 1st ballot because he was investigated for a murder or Marino shouldn't have been 1st ballot because he didn't get a ring. It doesn't make sense. I know WR's are generally overlooked by voters, but this guy dominated the league for over a decade.
Hall of Fame voters are picky. I just believe personally between his character issues and how his reputation has been through his whole career (half assing routes is nothing new), it may hurt him even with the numbers. I don't have a vote and if I did, I'd vote him in first ballot. I just don't think they'll do it. If he does, congrats to him, he deserves it.

As far as your report, I'm telling you that WWL, NBC Sports, and numerous media outlets have confirmed he did not run the 40.

I even confirmed it myself with the Times-Picayune and Jay Glazer.

Moss didn

Every single rumor about the 40 being ran is directed to SportsNOLA.com No idea who their source was, but I believe PFT more than that website, considering they actually have more sources being a national media place.

Furthermore as I have stated, the time they said he ran is the exact rumored time that was said he ran before the work out.

Trust me on this one, I wouldn't downplay him.

Twitter: @BGWhoDat
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bgwhodat
Website: http://www.rantsports.com
BGWhoDat is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #114
"Do Your Job!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 1,753
One good reason he won't be in the HOF ANY time soon....The people voting have been doing it for years and how many receivers been inducted in the last 20 years?
BGWhoDat likes this.
CharityMike is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #115
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
One good reason he won't be in the HOF ANY time soon....The people voting have been doing it for years and how many receivers been inducted in the last 20 years?
Again.......How many have put up Moss's numbers???
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #116
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by BGWhoDat View Post
Hall of Fame voters are picky. I just believe personally between his character issues and how his reputation has been through his whole career (half assing routes is nothing new), it may hurt him even with the numbers. I don't have a vote and if I did, I'd vote him in first ballot. I just don't think they'll do it. If he does, congrats to him, he deserves it.

As far as your report, I'm telling you that WWL, NBC Sports, and numerous media outlets have confirmed he did not run the 40.

I even confirmed it myself with the Times-Picayune and Jay Glazer.

Moss didn

Every single rumor about the 40 being ran is directed to SportsNOLA.com No idea who their source was, but I believe PFT more than that website, considering they actually have more sources being a national media place.

Furthermore as I have stated, the time they said he ran is the exact rumored time that was said he ran before the work out.

Trust me on this one, I wouldn't downplay him.
Well.....if Glazer says it didn't happen, I believe that. He's generally on point.

As for Moss's bad play, well....like I mentioned before, who wants to wear themselves out every down with Daunte Culpepper, Aaron Brooks, & Vince Young. I'm not saying it's right. Just saying I understand. Culpepper had a few good years & that's it. Aaron Brooks sucked! We, as Saints fans, all know that. And Vince Young......well, see the Aaron Brooks comment. Now.....I know Moss received alot of bad publicity for "playing when he wanted to", but tell me......did you ever see him take a play off with Warren Moon, Tom Brady, or even Culpepper in his good days??? Brooks & Young are team killers that bring everyone down, because they suck. I can understand Moss's lack of enthusiasm in that regard. The point is......you give this guy Brees as his QB, a chance at a ring, & a chance to change people's opinion of him.........I would be willing to bet the house Randy Moss would give his all. That said, could you imagine what Drew Brees could do with a guy that runs the 9 route like Moss added to the mix? I'll stop there.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...gs/12-3006.jpg

______________________________
KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!
-G.I. Joe
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #117
"Do Your Job!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 1,753
Originally Posted by gandhi1007 View Post
Again.......How many have put up Moss's numbers???
Believe me bro..I have fully gotten your point on all of this. All I meant was, as long as the old crusty effr's like Peter King are still voting, he don't have a prayer.
CharityMike is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #118
Who Dat Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by gandhi1007 View Post
Well.....if Glazer says it didn't happen, I believe that. He's generally on point.

As for Moss's bad play, well....like I mentioned before, who wants to wear themselves out every down with Daunte Culpepper, Aaron Brooks, & Vince Young. I'm not saying it's right. Just saying I understand. Culpepper had a few good years & that's it. Aaron Brooks sucked! We, as Saints fans, all know that. And Vince Young......well, see the Aaron Brooks comment. Now.....I know Moss received alot of bad publicity for "playing when he wanted to", but tell me......did you ever see him take a play off with Warren Moon, Tom Brady, or even Culpepper in his good days??? Brooks & Young are team killers that bring everyone down, because they suck. I can understand Moss's lack of enthusiasm in that regard. The point is......you give this guy Brees as his QB, a chance at a ring, & a chance to change people's opinion of him.........I would be willing to bet the house Randy Moss would give his all. That said, could you imagine what Drew Brees could do with a guy that runs the 9 route like Moss added to the mix? I'll stop there.
Yeah, that's why I mentioned I confirmed it (I won't bust a story on this website or anywhere else until I can verify it myself through credible sources.)


I actually did an article by saying why the Saints SHOULD take a chance on Moss especially in the situation they're in. I'm not against him coming at all.

Also, he's quit on the Patriots and Brady before, that's why he got the boot if I'm not mistaken.

But, hey.. He does his own thing and deserves first ballot. Hopefully he gets it. We'll see in like, what? 7 years maybe?

Twitter: @BGWhoDat
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bgwhodat
Website: http://www.rantsports.com
BGWhoDat is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #119
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by BGWhoDat View Post
Also, he's quit on the Patriots and Brady before, that's why he got the boot if I'm not mistaken.
I don't remember him quitting on the Pats. I do, however, remember a big stink about his comments on their food right before he was traded. In his defense...... New England food is horrible, so I understand.
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #120
Who Dat Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by gandhi1007 View Post
I don't remember him quitting on the Pats. I do, however, remember a big stink about his comments on their food right before he was traded. In his defense...... New England food is horrible, so I understand.
Thought it was in 2010... when he only played 4 games for them, that's why he ended up getting traded? I dunno though..
BGWhoDat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/41795-moss-visit-saints-update-pg-7-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Moss to visit Saints(update pg.7) This thread Refback 03-07-2012 11:25 AM 7
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-06-2012 08:45 PM 1
Moss to visit Saints(update pg.4) This thread Refback 03-06-2012 06:08 PM 3
Moss to visit Saints This thread Refback 03-05-2012 10:42 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts