Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

10-5

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by |Mitch| I asked if you were *****ing about the play-calling in '09 when we won the SB. You repeatedly dodged the question posting stats... Is it the play-calling or the execution, your opinion of the better play-caller ...

Like Tree27Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #71
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,255
Re: 10-5

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I asked if you were *****ing about the play-calling in '09 when we won the SB. You repeatedly dodged the question posting stats...

Is it the play-calling or the execution, your opinion of the better play-caller has a lot to do with relying on others...

If they work, everyone loves the play. When they don't we get whiners like yourself...
The play calling in 09 was good. We had yet to see anything better; Carmichael didn't take over until 2011.

This year Payton's play calling has been the worst we have seen (since 2005). Is there any debate there?

Who do you think is the better play caller: Payton or Carmichael?
blackangold is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #72
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107
Re: 10-5

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
Who do you think is the better play caller: Payton or Carmichael?
Until Carmichael wins us a Super-Bowl, Payton...

Now I grow bored, so you'll be put on my ignore list shortly
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #73
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,582
Re: 10-5

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Now I grow bored, so you'll be put on my ignore list shortly
What are we? 12?
Jamessr is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #74
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,255
Re: 10-5

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
What are we? 12?
He knows he is wrong. Let him take his ball and go home.
blackangold is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #75
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107
Re: 10-5

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
What are we? 12?
31 And I'm ending an argument the smart way...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #76
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 30
Re: 10-5

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
Why are you arguing about me? What relevance does that have? You are just covering the fact you're wrong and don't have the fortitude to admit it. I accept your previous statement as conceding the point. Thanks for playing.
I just read your posts in this topic and maybe he is calling out your fandom because you sound like a fan from another team trolling this bulletin board. The way you flip out is kind of embarrassing if you really are a Saints fan. It really makes it hard to take you seriously.
Boutte likes this.
limitless is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #77
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: 10-5

limitless likes this.
papz is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #78
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,255
Re: 10-5

Originally Posted by limitless View Post
I just read your posts in this topic and maybe he is calling out your fandom because you sound like a fan from another team trolling this bulletin board. The way you flip out is kind of embarrassing if you really are a Saints fan. It really makes it hard to take you seriously.
The inflection you get from reading is your perspective. I am calm as can be I assure you of that. I enjoy debate. When I post something controversial on this board everyone chimes in and starts name calling, however when you start to debate the issue everyone leaves. Name calling is a fallacy and a sign of a weak argument. Put thought into your posts and make them interesting. I do find it ironic you don't take me seriously but conversely are taking the side calling people names seriously.

Perfect example see above ^
blackangold is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #79
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
Re: 10-5

Sadly this game came down to the final 1:54 where just like the New England game, the Saints could not run the clock out. If we pick up a first down... the game is over. I did not read through all 8 pages of comments, but again to me this is not on the defense or Malcolm Jenkins total whiff on a potential sack of Newton on the TD pass to Hixon. The defense never should have been put in the position they were in.

No matter how poorly Armsted played, which he was not good. This offense should not have as many problems as they've had inside of two minutes trying to run out the clock.

I don't think there is any other way to say it... this as bad a loss that this team could have, considering the situation.
nycsaintfan is offline  
Old 12-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #80
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,313
Re: 10-5

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Hard loss but not a bad loss.
In the past four weeks the Saints have played for a shot at home field advantage and stunk. They had a shot to lock up a first round bye in the playoffs against a bad Rams team and stunk. They had one more shot at controlling their own destiny today against a team they clobbered two weeks ago and they choked. Since a 5-0 start, the Saints are 5-5 in their last 10 games. It was a bad loss. It was a costly loss. Is all hope lost on the 2013 season? Of course not. But, the fat lady is humming.
nycsaintfan likes this.
Cruize is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63081-10-5-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
10-5 This thread Refback 12-22-2013 04:19 PM 20


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts