Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Corey White the free safety?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by billyt81 i think what everyone is missing is that the reason this is a story is that it probably foreshadows the departure of KV. oh please no. one thing to make a pick that you need to ...

Like Tree23Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #21
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,965
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Corey White the free safety?

Originally Posted by billyt81 View Post
i think what everyone is missing is that the reason this is a story is that it probably foreshadows the departure of KV.
oh please no. one thing to make a pick that you need to think on how to use and it is another to kick a 1st rounder out on the curb after 2 years. then again we have seen how well some of our past players over the last two years are doing else where in the NFL. so it is obvious Rob is making all the right calls
hagan714 is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,748
Re: Corey White the free safety?

It's probably due to the fact that Pierre Warren is the only free safety on our roster at the moment and the kid might need a break every now and then or god forbid if he gets injured. Since it's an idea we've been kicking around for a while now and we have no depth at the position now was the time to make the switch.
Mr.Riaton likes this.
ChrisXVI is online now  
Old 12-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #23
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,254
Re: Corey White the free safety?

Originally Posted by billyt81 View Post
i think what everyone is missing is that the reason this is a story is that it probably foreshadows the departure of KV.
No.

However, I could see White pushing Rafael Bush out of the rotation, especially since Bush only has one more year on his deal and White will come a lot cheaper. And they are very similar players.
ChrisXVI likes this.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,748
Re: Corey White the free safety?

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
However, I could see White pushing Rafael Bush out of the rotation, especially since Bush only has one more year on his deal and White will come a lot cheaper. And they are very similar players.
Bingo. Rafael Bush will be trade bait or flat out cut. Corey White offers versatility as a back-up free safety who can play CB if needed.
ChrisXVI is online now  
Old 12-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,250
Re: Corey White the free safety?

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
Bingo. Rafael Bush will be trade bait or flat out cut. Corey White offers versatility as a back-up free safety who can play CB if needed.
But Bush >> Vaccaro...

Trade Vaccaro while there is still a market. Bush is a proven asset at safety and played well for us as the SS... why would you can that for a guy that's never started as a safety in the NFL and couldn't cut it as the #2 CB...

Don't get the hype.
blackangold is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #26
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,115
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Corey White the free safety?

I love the way Vaccaro is being thrown to the wolves for being poor this year after a exceptional first year where as Bush seems to be getting put on a pedestal even though he started 7 games this year.

This is Bush that so far in 49 games for the Saints with 13 starts has 1 interception,1 forced fumble and 0 sacks.


He is a good player but nothing that cant be replaced
lee909 is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,748
Re: Corey White the free safety?

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
But Bush >> Vaccaro...

Trade Vaccaro while there is still a market. Bush is a proven asset at safety and played well for us as the SS... why would you can that for a guy that's never started as a safety in the NFL and couldn't cut it as the #2 CB...

Don't get the hype.
I imagine Bush and White are both possibly goners after this season... I was looking at it as a one or the other scenario when I said that. Bush hasn't shown that he's any better than Vaccaro.
ChrisXVI is online now  
Old 12-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,250
Re: Corey White the free safety?

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
I love the way Vaccaro is being thrown to the wolves for being poor this year after a exceptional first year where as Bush seems to be getting put on a pedestal even though he started 7 games this year.

This is Bush that so far in 49 games for the Saints with 13 starts has 1 interception,1 forced fumble and 0 sacks.


He is a good player but nothing that cant be replaced
PFF ranking last year had Bush rated in the top 6. Considering Vaccaro just got beat out by two guys that weren't even on the roster to start the year I am going to have to say Vaccaro is a bust AT THE SAFETY POSITION until proven otherwise. We keep trying to fit square players into round holes...
blackangold is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,748
Re: Corey White the free safety?

Damn... A player can't even have a sophomore slump nowadays.
Danno and K Major like this.
ChrisXVI is online now  
Old 12-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #30
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,115
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Corey White the free safety?

PFF ranking are pointless
If any safety can be top 6 without a sack, interception or forced fumble tells he wasnt a top 6 S
VegasSaint9 likes this.
lee909 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts