Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by SaintsBro The offense is fine -- Drew put up 38 points against a top defense that is quite probably going to be in the Super Bowl or deep in the playoffs. It's the defense, defense, DEFENSE that ...

Like Tree45Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #21
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
The offense is fine -- Drew put up 38 points against a top defense that is quite probably going to be in the Super Bowl or deep in the playoffs. It's the defense, defense, DEFENSE that is still a dumpster fire, and needs to overhauled from top to bottom.

The last thing we need is drunk Loomis opening Benson's wallet and spending more cap money trying to make a "big splash" in free agency. That's what got us into this mess. Loomis and Payton are like a couple of drunks when it comes to recklessly spending Tom Benson's money, and we don't need to enable them any further.

The way it stands right now, the only way the Saints can ever win, is that Drew Brees needs to score EVERY SINGLE TIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL. Every drive has to be for points, or else we are toast when the other team gets the ball -- that's what happens in almost every game. A single punt or missed field goal, and the game is basically over, 14 points, 21 points it doesn't matter -- we lose any lead we have. The last thing we need is to worry about Drew having to score more points to get a bigger lead.
God I hope you are wrong.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #22
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,504
Blog Entries: 1
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
We don't need to go for another potential Toon from a school that doesn't have five star recruiting or hope for the next Colston from a division II school.

Toon didn't work out because he came from a school that does not produce NFL talent[Wilson was a transfer].
Wait, what?
K Major is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #23
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post

Toon didn't work out because he came from a school that does not produce NFL talent[Wilson was a transfer].
JJ Watt says hello
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #24
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,221
Blog Entries: 2
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

All I know is that our rookie middle linebacker outscored our offense in the 1st half of the Carolina game. We played good defense in the 1st half, and Carolina is a great defensive team. We just ain't got no depth for any 2nd half against any physical team. Credit Brees & the offensive coaches for scoring like they did.
Barry from MS is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #25
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,504
Blog Entries: 1
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
All I know is that our rookie middle linebacker outscored our offense in the 1st half of the Carolina game.
Saints' Stephone Anthony on pace to set franchise record

He isn't getting the proper praise because the overall D has been so bad but Stephone is a keeper. He is playing up to his draft status & then some.
K Major is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 04:24 PM   #26
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,733
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
Drew put up 38 points against a top defense
No, he didn't.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 04:32 PM   #27
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 3,268
Blog Entries: 3
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
No, he didn't.
OK, yippie, the Saints got LUCKY on a fumble and a 2 point conversion going the other way. The defense is still a complete dumpster fire, any way you look at it! Newton passed for 5 TDs, if you didn't notice!
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,130
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

We need a stud DT, a pass rushing DE, and two beastly guards before we pick anything else. Then, we need CB and S. No projects with upside.
Papa Voodoo is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,752
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
Toon didn't work out because he came from a school that does not produce NFL talent[Wilson was a transfer].
You do know that J.J. Watt, Joe Thomas and Travis Frederick are practically the best in the league at their respective positions and they came from that school that does not produce NFL talent, right?
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #30
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,221
Blog Entries: 2
Re: We need to go after a big receiver in Free Agency

Originally Posted by Papa Voodoo View Post
No projects with upside.
Times a million. Because why get a project with upside if our coaches can't develop squat?
Papa Voodoo and RaginCajun83 like this.
Barry from MS is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/75696-we-need-go-after-big-receiver-free-agency.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-08-2015 07:54 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts