Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by jeanpierre Wish the guy well, except when playing us, but I get the feeling Fournette will not be all that in the NFL... See, Miles and LSU media blitz proclaimed he was the greatest before he earned ...

Like Tree79Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #41
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,654
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Wish the guy well, except when playing us, but I get the feeling Fournette will not be all that in the NFL...

See, Miles and LSU media blitz proclaimed he was the greatest before he earned the title...

He wasn't even performing as the best back at LSU when he left...

And now he's got that water weight...
You're certainly entitled to your opinion about what he'll be in the NFL, though I disagree with you on that. But what I really don't get is why I keep seeing comments like these that basically suggest he was overrated in college, or didn't live up to the hype. It seems people have a very short memory.

He was absolutely the best back in the country as a sophomore, and the only reason he didn't win the Heisman is because he didn't have a QB, and thus LSU didn't win enough games to get him the votes. He was every bit what we thought he could be during that time. He also ran for a thousand yards as a freshman, despite not being a full time starter til about midway through the season.

Last year, he was hurt. And yet, he STILL ran all over people when he was on the field, even though it wasn't at the level of the previous year. Yes, Derrius Guice was outperforming him this past year. Derrius Guice was healthy. Guice also is probably the new title holder of best RB in the NCAA.

So to make Fournette out to be some over-hyped media darling is not fair, or accurate, in my humble opinion.
Rell&Gold and rezburna like this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #42
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 4,224
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post

So to make Fournette out to be some over-hyped media darling is not fair, or accurate, in my humble opinion.
It is. He ran well over little people. There aren't many of those in the NFL. He's not what we need so who cares anyway?
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #43
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,812
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

I just saw a mock draft that had Budda Baker coming to us at 32. I really like Baker as a safety prospect, especially since he's a single high type of guy. If this holds true, which safety do we move on from...if any? Is everybody sold on Vacarro?
hagan714 likes this.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #44
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,785
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
I just saw a mock draft that had Budda Baker coming to us at 32. I really like Baker as a safety prospect, especially since he's a single high type of guy. If this holds true, which safety do we move on from...if any? Is everybody sold on Vacarro?
I've never been sold on Vaccarro after his first season. I would rather have Peppers at SS.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #45
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,950
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

Vaccarro will never be a true SS imo
He fits well in 3 safety sets though
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #46
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 14,729
Blog Entries: 25
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

Baker will get smoked in single high sets if left alone because of his limited height...

With today's game of flag football on the perimeter, just don't see taking him that high...

The safety to turn the light on for the Saints is SS Josh Jones in the mid/late third round...

Reminds me of a Steve Atwater type; let him tutelage behind Vaccaro; eval Kenny V next season, and you'll have a great candidate for the next season...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #47
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,950
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

Just did 2 through 3 rounds

Miller board
1: R1P11
LB REUBEN FOSTER
ALABAMA

2: R1P32
EDGE DEREK BARNETT
TENNESSEE

3: R2P10
QB DESHAUN WATSON
CLEMSON

4: R3P12
G DAN FEENEY
INDIANA

5: R3P39
WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER
USC




fans speak board

1: R1P11
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE

2: R1P32
EDGE TACO CHARLTON
MICHIGAN

3: R2P10
TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

4: R3P12
WR COOPER KUPP
EASTERN WASHINGTON

5: R3P39
RB JOE MIXON
OKLAHOMA
jeanpierre likes this.
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #48
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,812
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Baker will get smoked in single high sets if left alone because of his limited height...

With today's game of flag football on the perimeter, just don't see taking him that high...

The safety to turn the light on for the Saints is SS Josh Jones in the mid/late third round...

Reminds me of a Steve Atwater type; let him tutelage behind Vaccaro; eval Kenny V next season, and you'll have a great candidate for the next season...
The Seahawks play plenty of single high safety. Baker is the same height as Earl Thomas and around the same speed. Disciplined in coverage as well.
hagan714 and K Major like this.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:41 PM   #49
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 14,729
Blog Entries: 25
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

FOOLING AROUND ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON...

17: R1P17
RB CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY
STANFORD

32: R1P32
LB T.J. WATT
WISCONSIN

51: R2P19
TE ADAM SHAHEEN
ASHLAND COLLEGE

76: R3P12
CB FABIAN MOREAU
UCLA

81: R3P17
DE TREY HENDRICKSON
FLORIDA ATLANTIC

101: R3P37
S JOSH JONES
NC STATE

103: R3P39
DL TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

177: R5P33
WR CHAD HANSEN
CALIFORNIA

TRADES

TRADE PARTNER:
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
SENT:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 11
ROUND: 6 PICK: 12
ROUND: 7 PICK: 11
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 17
ROUND: 3 PICK: 17
ROUND: 4 PICK: 7


TRADE PARTNER:
DENVER BRONCOS
SENT:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 10
ROUND: 4 PICK: 7
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 19
ROUND: 3 PICK: 37
ROUND: 5 PICK: 33

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:45 AM   #50
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,654
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
It is. He ran well over little people. There aren't many of those in the NFL. He's not what we need so who cares anyway?
Ran over little people? Tell that to Florida, whom he ran over for just about 300 yards over two games against them in his freshman and sophomore years (he only handful of carries against them this year, due to injury). Or the 130 yards he put up against that stout Wisconsin defense last year, on a bum ankle. I'll cut to the chase. The only team he didn't run all over was Alabama, and that is simply because QB and his line gave him zero chance. That happens to every player, at every level. No matter how good he is, he can't make something out of nothing, when he can't even get a crack of daylight.

So basically, you think he's over hyped because he was playing in college, right? Well if that's the case, so much for the draft. We can go ahead and delete the hundreds of pages worth of draft talk on this forum, because all of these players have been playing "little people" and they will surely suck at the next level. Hey, at least we have that Canadian football pipeline to sustain us.

Why does it matter to me? Because I've been reading absurd comments about him for months. I'd swear Fournette stole everyone's girlfriend/wife, or left coal in their stockings. The arguments against him are just so petty. "Ran over little people". Really? Is it possible to have an objective opinion based on some sort of tangible evidence, instead of dismissing them out of hand with juvenile arguments?
Rell&Gold likes this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/81457-fanspeak-2017-nfl-draft-simulator.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Fanspeak 2017 NFL Draft Simulator This thread Refback 02-12-2017 09:22 AM 4
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-12-2017 09:10 AM 4
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-12-2017 09:00 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts