Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

AB Thread No Stats Allowed!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; You take drugs, Danny? Every day. Good. Then what's your problem?...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #21
Kinder, gentler
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,889
You take drugs, Danny?
Every day.
Good. Then what's your problem?
BlackandBlue is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 07-14-2005, 02:57 PM   #22
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,345
... you absolutely can have a conversation about football without statistics...


... can you quantify with stats a Barry Sanders run?
... can you quantify with stats Joe Montana's leadership, running the winning drive in the Superbowl?
... can you quantify with stats a Dome Patrol pass rush?
... can you quantify with stats The Immaculate Reception?
... can you quantify Brooks' smile after an interception?
... can you quantify with stats the look of confusion in Tebucky's face after he was caught out of position yet again?
... can you quantify with stats the illness to our stomach when you see the 2-TE formation?

... oh, it goes on and on...
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,631
Hey, you got a pool up there?
We've got a pool... and a pond. Pond would be good for you.
WhoDat is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 03:58 PM   #24
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 190
Darren Howard is the best DE we have
and stats don't have nothing to do with it!!!!

along is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #25
Kinder, gentler
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,889
A flute without holes is not a flute. A donut without holes is a danish.

Oh, and, I like the new guy's take on our defensive ends. But that would be right now. Smith made greater strides as a rookie than Howard did, so I'm anxious to see what he can do on a fulltime basis.
BlackandBlue is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 06:18 PM   #26
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by BlackandBlue
A flute without holes is not a flute. A donut without holes is a danish.

Oh, and, I like the new guy's take on our defensive ends. But that would be right now. Smith made greater strides as a rookie than Howard did, so I'm anxious to see what he can do on a fulltime basis.
Your wrong...Howard had an awesome rookie year.
And Smith will be a one great in time!!!

2000 - Finished third on team with a club rookie-record 11 sacks for minus-62 yards, 53 tackles (32 solo), an interception for 46 yards, nine pass defenses, two forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries...Started all 16 games at LDE and both playoff games...Shattered DE Renaldo Turnbull's previous record for sacks by a rookie (nine-1990) with his 11-sack performance...Also led all NFL rookies in sacks and was named to several All-Rookie teams...Was named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September after compiling 14 tackles (six solo), three sacks for minus-18 yards, a forced fumble, and two passes defensed...Registered first forced fumble of his career at the New Orleans 39 yard line, stopping a Lion scoring drive, vs. Detroit, Sept. 3...Recorded his first two NFL sacks at San Diego, Sept. 10...Posted sacks in three consecutive games: Sept. 24, vs. Philadelphia; at Chicago, Oct. 8; vs. Carolina, Oct. 15...Had a solo tackle, five assisted tackles, a pass defensed, and first career interception return for 46 yards, which he fumbled at the one-yard line, narrowly missing a touchdown at Carolina, Nov. 12...Had three solo tackles, two assisted tackles, a sack for minus-eight yards, and one pass defensed vs. Oakland, Nov. 19...Had three solo tackles, an assisted tackle, a sack for minus-5 yards, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery in win at St. Louis, Nov. 26...Had two solo tackles and a sack for minus-9 yards vs. Denver, Dec. 3, tying Turnbull's rookie record for sacks...Broke the record the following week at San Francisco, Dec. 10, with a sack for minus-9 yards...Had sack in his sixth consecutive game the following week vs. Atlanta, Oct. 22...Tied his career high in tackles with six (four solo) vs. St. Louis, Dec. 24...Started both playoff games and recorded four tackles (three solo).

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/play...m?playerid=124

along is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #27
Kinder, gentler
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,889
Now I don't like you that much.

No, I'm not wrong, I've already burnt through my two this year, and that's the cap.

I watched both play during their rookie seasons, you can throw stats around all you want to on this one, you will not change my mind. It is unfair to compare them based on stats, since Howard STARTED ALL 16 GAMES HIS ROOKIE SEASON, Smith was rotated. And I never said that Howard DIDN'T have a good year. But for what he had to work with, Smith matured faster in his ability than Howard did.

EDIT: FYI- "Your" is the possessive form of you. "You're" is the contraction of "you" and "are"- it is imperative that you get this right.

I've been the biggest Howard fan on this site for a long time, why would I say these things if I didn't believe them???

The waiting drove me mad....
I don't want to hear from those that know...
Everything has changed, absolutely nothing's changed


Eddie is a....draftnik?
BlackandBlue is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #28
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by BlackandBlue
Now I don't like you that much.

No, I'm not wrong, I've already burnt through my two this year, and that's the cap.

I watched both play during their rookie seasons, you can throw stats around all you want to on this one, you will not change my mind. It is unfair to compare them based on stats, since Howard STARTED ALL 16 GAMES HIS ROOKIE SEASON, Smith was rotated. And I never said that Howard DIDN'T have a good year. But for what he had to work with, Smith matured faster in his ability than Howard did.

EDIT: FYI- "Your" is the possessive form of you. "You're" is the contraction of "you" and "are"- it is imperative that you get this right.
I've been the biggest Howard fan on this site for a long time, why would I say these things if I didn't believe them???


Your World Dude!

The reason Smith is in rotated is because
he is not good enough to play ahead Howard.
As you know Howard started in his rookie year,
if Howard hadn't got hurt last year Smith
would have never got in rotated.
along is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #29
Kinder, gentler
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,889
Am I crazy, or is this guy completely missing the point?
BlackandBlue is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #30
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by BlackandBlue
Am I crazy, or is this guy completely missing the point?
No, Just want to see how far you will
go with this.

Because you is strange.

8)
along is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts