Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by AsylumGuido Nope, you do not get exactly what you demand. There's nothing I can do or say that affects the Saints success or failure. That, my friend, is a fact. A fact that you refuse to acknowledge. ...

Like Tree59Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2023, 02:07 PM   #61
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 995
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Nope, you do not get exactly what you demand. There's nothing I can do or say that affects the Saints success or failure. That, my friend, is a fact. A fact that you refuse to acknowledge. So be it. Have fun with your wishes. I wish you luck!
YOU are the one with the wishes. I am the one who is telling you to vote with your wallet. One of us is practical.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Puck the Fro Browl! Last Blog: 02-05-2023 By: neugey




This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Old 01-11-2023, 04:34 PM   #62
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,466
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
YOU are the one with the wishes. I am the one who is telling you to vote with your wallet. One of us is practical.
Keep dreamin', buddy, that you will make a difference. Your visions of somehow affecting the decision making of an NFL owner and his or her front office is as far away from practical as one can get.

That said, I don't trust any fan to really know what they are talking about. If I was an owner I certainly wouldn't listen even by the miracle that some random individual fan's voice was even heard.

But you get right up there on the mighty soapbox and scream away if it makes you feel better.

Oh, and you have no right to tell me what to do with my wallet.

I really love peace and quiet. - Barry Sanders
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:25 PM   #63
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 995
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Keep dreamin', buddy, that you will make a difference. Your visions of somehow affecting the decision making of an NFL owner and his or her front office is as far away from practical as one can get.

That said, I don't trust any fan to really know what they are talking about. If I was an owner I certainly wouldn't listen even by the miracle that some random individual fan's voice was even heard.

But you get right up there on the mighty soapbox and scream away if it makes you feel better.

Oh, and you have no right to tell me what to do with my wallet.
If you were the owner, no fan would have to tell you what this season looked and felt like. But they COULD show you, by cancelling their paid subscription to more insult, and maybe by hitting you in the pocket where it hurts, we'd get a new owner.

See, you're showing loyalty to a dysfunctional family and a failing business model, the rest of us are showing loyalty to THE SAINTS, preferably WINNING.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:40 PM   #64
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,466
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
If you were the owner, no fan would have to tell you what this season looked and felt like. But they COULD show you, by cancelling their paid subscription to more insult, and maybe by hitting you in the pocket where it hurts, we'd get a new owner.

See, you're showing loyalty to a dysfunctional family and a failing business model, the rest of us are showing loyalty to THE SAINTS, preferably WINNING.
Keep dreamin'! LOL!
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:53 PM   #65
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 995
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Keep dreamin'! LOL!
Keep that "Haslett (or Allen) in the Headlights" stare going strong.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:57 PM   #66
Where Y'at?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 512
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

As a former season ticket holder present at THE NFCCG, I can say that giving up on the NFL was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Financially, it was worth about $10,000 a year.

Emotionally, it is great not giving a damn about a bunch of spoiled brats playing a game.

It is also great not planning some of the finest weather weekends of the year around traveling to New Orleans or cooped up in some sports bar for away games.

I have a lot of fond memories. I attended the very first Saints game in Tulane stadium. I was born 13 days later. My entire family have been Saints fans since 1967 or since birth. Most still are but I have checked almost completely out. I follow this board out of nostalgia and to be able to talk with my Mom about current Saints events. She can't give it up.

Giving up on investing time and treasure in the Saints may not matter to the NFL or the Saints organization but you might enjoy life more.
gumbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:05 PM   #67
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,466
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
Keep that "Haslett (or Allen) in the Headlights" stare going strong.
Never said I'd miss Allen if he was shown the door, did I? All I've said is that I am well aware that my personal wishes for any decision that the Saints can make has zero impact upon what they choose to do, just as your personal wishes have the same level of impact.

And don't try to feed me the failing business model bullcrap. In the last decade and a half or so the value of the Saints franchise climbed from $1.004 billion in 2014 to $2.285 billion in 2021. Over the last year the value of the franchise has climbed by the largest percentage in its history to $3.375 billion!

I really love peace and quiet. - Barry Sanders
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:12 PM   #68
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,466
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by gumbeau View Post
As a former season ticket holder present at THE NFCCG, I can say that giving up on the NFL was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Financially, it was worth about $10,000 a year.

Emotionally, it is great not giving a damn about a bunch of spoiled brats playing a game.

It is also great not planning some of the finest weather weekends of the year around traveling to New Orleans or cooped up in some sports bar for away games.

I have a lot of fond memories. I attended the very first Saints game in Tulane stadium. I was born 13 days later. My entire family have been Saints fans since 1967 or since birth. Most still are but I have checked almost completely out. I follow this board out of nostalgia and to be able to talk with my Mom about current Saints events. She can't give it up.

Giving up on investing time and treasure in the Saints may not matter to the NFL or the Saints organization but you might enjoy life more.
I respect your choice, gumbeau. While you were in the womb I was just moving to Louisiana as a nine-year-old and found out my new state was getting a brand new NFL team. I've been a fan ever since and back in 2015 my wife and I put our names on the season ticket list. Fifteen years later we finally got the call and haven't looked back. I know we've had a tough transition from the Brees and Payton era and have faced a couple of years of the worst injury laden times I can ever remember, but I am confident things, one way or another, will start looking up again.

And I'm right there with your mom. I can't give it up. It has been far too much of a part of my life for the last 55 plus years.


I really love peace and quiet. - Barry Sanders
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:16 PM   #69
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 995
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Never said I'd miss Allen if he was shown the door, did I? All I've said is that I am well aware that my personal wishes for any decision that the Saints can make has zero impact upon what they choose to do, just as your personal wishes have the same level of impact.

And don't try to feed me the failing business model bullcrap. In the last decade and a half or so the value of the Saints franchise climbed from $1.004 billion in 2014 to $2.285 billion in 2021. Over the last year the value of the franchise has climbed by the largest percentage in its history to $3.375 billion!
"Over the last year the value of the franchise has climbed by the largest percentage in its history to $3.375 billion!" <<<--- THAT!!! That shows me that something really fishy is indeed going on in the Sports/Entertainment Industry, or that YOU indeed define "value" as: fat cats gettin fatter, while the loyal Fan-Base gets fleeced and insulted, or all of the above. THAT is what defines a "BAD" business model. Thanks for showing us the twisted psychology behind it, and by contributing to it with your hard earned dollars and Life Force.

Last edited by Sinner; 01-11-2023 at 06:39 PM..
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:43 PM   #70
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,466
Re: Observations From the Saints' Loss to the Panthers

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
"Over the last year the value of the franchise has climbed by the largest percentage in its history to $3.375 billion!" <<<--- THAT!!! That shows me that something really fishy is indeed going on in the Sports/Entertainment Industry, or that YOU indeed define "value" as fat cats gettin fatter, while the loyal Fan-Base get fleeced and insulted, or all of the above. THAT is what defines a "BAD" business model. Thanks for showing us the twisted psychology behind it, and by contributing to it with your hard earned dollars and Life Force.
You are losing it, Sinner. You're starting to sound as crazy as Bako. Or that other that is supposedly still trolling.

As that renowned philosopher once stated ...

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts