Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Vilma's hit on Manning

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; We are well on our way to "two hand touch below the waist". What if Manning had faked it? tucked it? then tried to dump to a safety valve? We are going to soon see a defender pull-up on a ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #21
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 2,036
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

We are well on our way to "two hand touch below the waist". What if Manning had faked it? tucked it? then tried to dump to a safety valve? We are going to soon see a defender pull-up on a QB's pump fake and get burned for not continuing on to make the play. Players are just going to have to be willing to PAY to play. It will no doubt be reviewed by the league, and I can't wait to see what they have to say and how much it cost. Even though we lost the pick6, it set up future rushed throws, bad throws, throw aways, and loads of other thoughts that should not be in Eli's head during his reads. We love ya Eli, but take this with ya!

**SaintSince67**
darstep is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #22
Saints Junky
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Metairie Originally now a Houston transplant
Posts: 672
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

Originally Posted by darstep View Post
We are well on our way to "two hand touch below the waist". What if Manning had faked it? tucked it? then tried to dump to a safety valve? We are going to soon see a defender pull-up on a QB's pump fake and get burned for not continuing on to make the play. Players are just going to have to be willing to PAY to play. It will no doubt be reviewed by the league, and I can't wait to see what they have to say and how much it cost. Even though we lost the pick6, it set up future rushed throws, bad throws, throw aways, and loads of other thoughts that should not be in Eli's head during his reads. We love ya Eli, but take this with ya!
I agree 100%
I don't think play kill the man with the ball but come on I saw Breese get smacked from behind during one play in the first quarter and no one said anything

they want to talk about a hit that warrants the league getting involved this is one right here...

Last edited by DeadmaN; 10-19-2009 at 01:47 PM..
DeadmaN is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #23
LET MY TEAM GO!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Just north of COWGAL HELL
Posts: 296
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

That Wesley hit was NASTY...his wallet is going to be lighter for that one.

Heard that may even wind up at home for a while...Just glad it wasn't one of the Saints getting drilled like that...
TXGSP is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #24
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 19,824
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

Does the NFL fine every player that gets a personal foul now? OMG WTF
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #25
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,749
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

This is the first time I see the hit but IMO, yes it was an early hit and a violent hit but it was a hit to the chest not the head and he lead with a forearm not the helmet. It's defintely a penalty for hitting him early but just a few years ago that would have been a highlight on Jacked UP. I don't see the suspension, how does this hit be classified any different than the one Ray Lewis did last week on Ouchostinko. He was fined but not suspended. I'm sure he will also be fined but man years ago this would have been a hit that only was penalized for being done early. Lynch and Romanski made a living on these type of hits.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,161
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
Launched and led with the head on a hit of the QB. Will cost him atleast $25K and it should. Vilma has to be smarter. That was a 14 point swing. Thankfully, it didn't matter.

He didn't "lead with his helmet". "Leading with the helmet" would be lowering the head and hitting with the crown of the helmet. Look at the picture: Vilma did what every coach since Pee Wee league tells you: look at what you are hitting.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,033
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
He didn't "lead with his helmet".
The behind view looks like it to me.
Cruize is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #28
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,161
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
The behind view looks like it to me.
Look at the picture above posted by Lummox.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
Saints Junky
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Metairie Originally now a Houston transplant
Posts: 672
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
The behind view looks like it to me.
no way look for your self...




that is not a helmet lead
his facemask is clearly in his chest

man it's football not golf
I have seen people plant bigger hits in baseball

I will however agree he got his bell rung but that's the name of the game

sorry but I disagree with the call here and no I do not say that simply because he is a saint

Last edited by DeadmaN; 10-19-2009 at 04:07 PM..
DeadmaN is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #30
Saints Junky
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Metairie Originally now a Houston transplant
Posts: 672
Re: Vilma's hit on Manning

but I think the real reason for the fine was not the fact that it was a clean hit but rather because it was a late hit
DeadmaN is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts