Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by blackangold You can take YOUR sentiment here and apply it to YOUR point of view as well. WE all have opinions. How do YOU know our D was it's healthiest at that time? How do YOU know ...

Like Tree55Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #31
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,612
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
You can take YOUR sentiment here and apply it to YOUR point of view as well.

WE all have opinions.

How do YOU know our D was it's healthiest at that time? How do YOU know the whole team was playing for Brees?
The defense was at its healthiest because fewer players were out due to injury and/or illness as in other parts of the season. By definition that would place it at its healthiest, right? And I know the team was playing for Brees because players were quoted as saying so. Quite simple. That's not even opinion.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #32
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,099
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
The defense was at its healthiest because fewer players were out due to injury and/or illness as in other parts of the season. By definition that would place it at its healthiest, right? And I know the team was playing for Brees because players were quoted as saying so. Quite simple. That's not even opinion.
Lol

So you think guys don’t play banged up, maybe they are more banged up or less, no one knows but the coaches and players.

And let me get this right, players played harder/better because Drew was out? So, by that logic they play lazy and worse when Brees plays?

Some advice, don’t take everything someone says at face value.

To be clear, I am not attacking YOUR opinion. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy you display when you condemn other posters for convoluting facts with opinions, which you commonly do.
leilung, K Major and SaintGnome like this.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #33
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,612
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
Lol

So you think guys don’t play banged up, maybe they are more banged up or less, no one knows but the coaches and players.

And let me get this right, players played harder/better because Drew was out? So, by that logic they play lazy and worse when Brees plays?

Some advice, don’t take everything someone says at face value.

To be clear, I am not attacking YOUR opinion. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy you display when you condemn other posters for convoluting facts with opinions, which you commonly do.
Of course players are banged up throughout the season. But, outside of that five game stretch the defense lost first round picks Davenport and Rankins. The offensive line (and likely other players) battled the flu during the week coming into the first Atlanta game. That's what I am talking about.

And, I am sure I am not the only one that could see the intensity at which the team played while Brees was out. Is it right that the intensity wasn't there for the entire season? No, of course not. But it was mentioned by many here pointing out how hard the team was playing.

These are just facts that support the more popular opinion around here that the team didn't go 5-0 because of Bridgewater. They went 5-0 with Bridgewater. I understand that you feel Bridgewater is worthy of being a long term starter for this team. We'll find out what the rest of the league thinks when he hits the open market and what he can truly do if he gets a starting job somewhere ... and that isn't a given.

I am Believing!
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:34 PM   #34
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 5,037
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
IMO Taysom Hill is not that guy. You hear all of the talk "the next Steve Young is already in the building" .. what 2 years now? If he was in the building, why didn't he start over 2 Glove Teddy during that stretch when #9 was out?

My hope is that we draft a QB in April. The time is NOW to draft the heir apparent to Brees. Is it Jalen Hurts? Jordan Love? Justin Herbert? Montez?
I want Hurts even though I’m not sure he’s the answer. And like I said, I’m warming up to Tua. I just know we need to address the position now.
K Major likes this.
rezburna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:52 PM   #35
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
I want Hurts even though I’m not sure he’s the answer. And like I said, I’m warming up to Tua. I just know we need to address the position now.
I believe the QB position will get addressed early in the draft. Hurts body of work at the highest college level speaks for itself. Are we patient enough to "develop" him though? To be continued ...

As for Tua ... assuming his medical checks out ok and he has an impressive Pro Day, I think he's gone top 15.

I'm keeping an eye on Jordan Love as a potential Saints pick.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:07 PM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,099
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I believe the QB position will get addressed early in the draft. Hurts body of work at the highest college level speaks for itself. Are we patient enough to "develop" him though? To be continued ...

As for Tua ... assuming his medical checks out ok and he has an impressive Pro Day, I think he's gone top 15.

I'm keeping an eye on Jordan Love as a potential Saints pick.
Yeah...

When I saw some mock drafts throwing a QB our way I thought that was ridiculous, but the more I ponder it, even with Hill there he is already 32. Hill might only last 3 years with how he plays. A QB late or early next year might be likely.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:25 PM   #37
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,612
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I believe the QB position will get addressed early in the draft. Hurts body of work at the highest college level speaks for itself. Are we patient enough to "develop" him though? To be continued ...

As for Tua ... assuming his medical checks out ok and he has an impressive Pro Day, I think he's gone top 15.

I'm keeping an eye on Jordan Love as a potential Saints pick.
I've heard that Love isn't a plug and play type talent right now. Supposedly some think he has a high upside, but is still very raw and because of that a risk as a first rounder. If he to fall to the second round I could see the value, but I would rather see someone in the first round that could help immediately.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:36 PM   #38
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,592
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Wouldn’t mind seeing some healthy WR talent in the mix as well. CGM taking the beating for Drew right now
RailBoss and K Major like this.
WillMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:14 PM   #39
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

Originally Posted by WillMacKenzie View Post
Wouldn’t mind seeing some healthy WR talent in the mix as well. CGM taking the beating for Drew right now
I honestly can't remember the last time the Saints WR core was as bad as 2019 season.

Michael had little to no help. It was good to see Jared step up down the stretch @ TE though.

Carr, Ginn Jr, Tre ... were extremely disappointing.
WillMacKenzie likes this.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:50 PM   #40
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,900
Re: Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why

In no particular order some of the "Top Rated QB Prospects" from the 2015 NFL draft

Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, (Bryce Petty was mentioned a few times on this board), Garrett Grayson, Sean Mannion, Blake Sims, Shane Carden and Paxton Lynch another name that was thrown around in connection with the Saints.
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/97110-forecast-drew-brees-return-really-good-news-here-s-why.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Forecast: Drew Brees’ return is really good news, here’s why This thread Refback 02-19-2020 03:27 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts