Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Back-up QB options?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CantonLegend lmao garcia over brunell you guys are goofy judging brunell on 1 game against a top defense with all of our backups in.....shame on all of you Do you even know football? BRUNELL IS DONE. He ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #71
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 710
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
lmao garcia over brunell

you guys are goofy

judging brunell on 1 game against a top defense with all of our backups in.....shame on all of you
Do you even know football? BRUNELL IS DONE. He is 73 years old. Chase needs a chance but he needs a vet to push him. Brunell needs a nurse to push him.

Last edited by voodooido; 03-18-2010 at 04:46 PM..
voodooido is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #72
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,974
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
Must I explain one more time how crappy and sluggish the Carolina defense played in that game? I don't care if they were top 5 in defense or not. Their play didn't show it. Brunell couldn't complete anything downfield even when receivers were open and he was playing with players that he practiced with regularly, so there should have been some sort of rhythm, but there wasn't. Sure, he may have been accurate in the past, but he showed no signs of it in that game. You say arguing after one game is dumb and then try to bring Drew's name in this? Now who is the one with the dumb comment? Drew is a starter and we knew that he was better than that game and that he would improve. No one here can say with any certainty that Brunell has still got it or if he doesn't. We have our opinions, and we voice them. In my opinion, if Brees were to miss four games in a regular season, the Saints would be lucky to win one game. If they did win more than that, it wouldn't be because of the arm of Mark Brunell.
The the Carolina D might have collectively had a bad day, but Brunell, with no recent starts under his belt and playing with mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers couldn't? Surely you see how this empties the argument completely, right?
saintfan is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #73
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,974
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by voodooido View Post
Do you even know football? BRUNELL IS DONE. He is 73 years old. Chase needs a chance but he needs a vet to push him. Brunell needs a nurse to push him.
Eh? What's that sonny? Get offa my grass whipper snapper. LMAO
saintfan is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #74
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,460
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
The the Carolina D might have collectively had a bad day, but Brunell, with no recent starts under his belt and playing with mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers couldn't? Surely you see how this empties the argument completely, right?
It empties the argument no more than going by 2 plays and a resume that hasn't been added to in 4 years.
D_it_up is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #75
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
It empties the argument no more than going by 2 plays and a resume that hasn't been added to in 4 years.
that is just a piece of my argument where as it is your entire argument
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #76
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by voodooido View Post
Do you even know football? BRUNELL IS DONE. He is 73 years old. Chase needs a chance but he needs a vet to push him. Brunell needs a nurse to push him.


thats one thing i miss about SR.com.....i always loved being called out for not watching the games or knowing nothing about football

bummer
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #77
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,974
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
It empties the argument no more than going by 2 plays and a resume that hasn't been added to in 4 years.
Well then argument A is no more valid than argument B. Rekon we're down then to opinion, unless there is more evidence to go on. Brunell has been a successful starter, and there is really no valid evidence to suggest that he can't spot start successfully if needed. That's my take, and I'm not biased in either direction on the guy.
saintfan is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #78
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Back-up QB options?

wooohooo.....this thread has helped me achieve the activity award.

id like to thank all the little people....now i can add it to my collection

CantonLegend is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #79
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,974
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Back-up QB options?

Damnit where's MY award? I'm active...kinda...I like to argue at least, which should count for SOMEthing around here, especially in the off season.
saintfan is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #80
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Damnit where's MY award? I'm active...kinda...I like to argue at least, which should count for SOMEthing around here, especially in the off season.
here you can have this one out of my collection.....i dont need it anymore



you're welcome
CantonLegend is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts