Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Stop the Run!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I disagree that we need an elite run stopper but another big body in the rotation wouldnt hurt. This year we will face Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Michael Turner X2, DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart X2, Cadillac Williams (not in ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #31
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 449
Re: Stop the Run!

I disagree that we need an elite run stopper but another big body in the rotation wouldnt hurt. This year we will face Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Michael Turner X2, DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart X2, Cadillac Williams (not in the same breath as the others but had a huge game against us last season), Cedric Benson, Ray Rice, and Steven Jackson. Thats not to mention if Pitt rededicates its offense to the run and the three pronged attack in Dallas. Even if our run defense is better than our stats showed last year, additional help would be nice considering the schedule we play and especially the division we play in being all run first teams (plus Matt Ryan's ability off the play action).
BRSaintsFan is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 04-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #32
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Posts: 1,679
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
it definitly wasnt an insult

just trying to prove that despite it being so blatently obvious like he had pointed out, you can still manage to carry on an entire conversation about it

which means it may not be so blatently obvious as he claims
Or, that it is really that obvious, however, some just won't accept it...especially when they fail to accept a differing perspective.

"just trying to prove". See what I mean...lololololol
biloxi-indian is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by biloxi-indian View Post
Or, that it is really that obvious, however, some just won't accept it...especially when they fail to accept a differing perspective.

"just trying to prove". See what I mean...lololololol
no this post makes no sense

you said my post was obvious.....so obvious that we didnt draft a big DT or a LB which seems to be our biggest holes

so obvious that we picked up 3 projects for the future but didnt address the issues plaguing this team NOW

differing perspective? you singled out my post out of all of them and had nothing informative to say.......rather you said my post was so obvious that even the most stupid people would know it......

well tell the front office and the coaching staff that they ****ed up and cant manage to measure up to my worthless common sense

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #34
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Posts: 1,679
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
no this post makes no sense

you said my post was obvious.....so obvious that we didnt draft a big DT or a LB which seems to be our biggest holes

so obvious that we picked up 3 projects for the future but didnt address the issues plaguing this team NOW

differing perspective? you singled out my post out of all of them and had nothing informative to say.......rather you said my post was so obvious that even the most stupid people would know it......

well tell the front office and the coaching staff that they ****ed up and cant manage to measure up to my worthless common sense
And Al Woods is what? A big DT. Whoops. The Saints move up seven to pick Woods.

The Saints have said ad nauseum they believe their LB needs are in the house. You obviously disagree with all your ability to judge talent on the Saints roster. I am currently listening to Sirius...they just asked their guest... Mickey Loomis...Do you feel comfortable with the LB position? Loomis "I feel like we have players in house (named several). We didn't feel like it was a pressing need (during the draft)!"

None of the drafts picks have hit the field and you are projecting them into the distant future. Carl Nicks, Jahari Evans, etc were the FUTURE but met the challenge when vets were injured. You have not been privileged to the Saints scouting reports, but know better! Again, Loomis seems to disagree with your assessment. Shame on him!!!!!!

Keep up the rant, you make the point...a legend in your own mind! Loomis and Payton are wrong and your minor league experience is greater and better.

"Originally Posted by CantonLegend
cant repeat if we dont get better

every other team is getting better.....if we stay stagnant and get complacent then we wont get better and wont have any chance of repeating this year"

Response by Biloxi-Indian;
Intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer.

You should really try to keep track of your comments and become a more critical reader.

Until then...keep up the rant.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over, over, and over again...and expecting a different outcome!
biloxi-indian is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by biloxi-indian View Post
And Al Woods is what? A big DT. Whoops. The Saints move up seven to pick Woods.

The Saints have said ad nauseum they believe their LB needs are in the house. You obviously disagree with all your ability to judge talent on the Saints roster. I am currently listening to Sirius...they just asked their guest... Mickey Loomis...Do you feel comfortable with the LB position? Loomis "I feel like we have players in house (named several). We didn't feel like it was a pressing need (during the draft)!"

None of the drafts picks have hit the field and you are projecting them into the distant future. Carl Nicks, Jahari Evans, etc were the FUTURE but met the challenge when vets were injured. You have not been privileged to the Saints scouting reports, but know better! Again, Loomis seems to disagree with your assessment. Shame on him!!!!!!
lol you are missing the poin completely......what did we do to make our run defense better?

a big DT? 300 lbs isnt big for a DT......hes 6'4" which means he has to play lower than his height but as for being more than a tall 3-tech? not likely

LBs.....im comfortable with our LBs......not everybody else is however

im not trying to measure my brains against loomis or payton.....but you are

if everybody was happy with how loomis and payton operated in every fashion then this site would get mighty boring eh? guess what.....just because im happy with the end result LAST YEAR.....doesnt mean i have to be happy at all with the way they are doing business this year

Keep up the rant, you make the point...a legend in your own mind! Loomis and Payton are wrong and your minor league experience is greater and better.
thanks.....you said it.....not me

"Originally Posted by CantonLegend
cant repeat if we dont get better

every other team is getting better.....if we stay stagnant and get complacent then we wont get better and wont have any chance of repeating this year"

Response by Biloxi-Indian;
Intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer.

You should really try to keep track of your comments and become a more critical reader.

Until then...keep up the rant.
again i have no idea what you are saying.....i made a post about us not getting better at the positions we need to get better at

you made a post saying mine was obvious and implying it didnt need to be made.....so again....why are payton and loomis avoiding the major issues?

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #36
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Posts: 1,679
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
lol you are missing the poin completely......what did we do to make our run defense better?

a big DT? 300 lbs isnt big for a DT......hes 6'4" which means he has to play lower than his height but as for being more than a tall 3-tech? not likely

LBs.....im comfortable with our LBs......not everybody else is however

im not trying to measure my brains against loomis or payton.....but you are

if everybody was happy with how loomis and payton operated in every fashion then this site would get mighty boring eh? guess what.....just because im happy with the end result LAST YEAR.....doesnt mean i have to be happy at all with the way they are doing business this year



thanks.....you said it.....not me



again i have no idea what you are saying.....i made a post about us not getting better at the positions we need to get better at

you made a post saying mine was obvious and implying it didnt need to be made.....so again....why are payton and loomis avoiding the major issues?
It would not even be fair to pit your experience (you used the term brains) to those of Loomis and Payton. They win by a longshot in this matter! IMHO.

Saints not getting better? That is YOUR OPINION, and I do not share the same opine. This is a differing opinion. As I said, you need to become a more critical reader.

"why are payton and loomis avoiding the major issues?" lolololol Legend, you really need a dose of reality. Loomis and Payton get paid to win games, not avoid problems.

With all due respect...IMHO all this banter would be a moot point if Mount Cody had been drafted at 32 by the Saints as some would have liked!

Oh well, let the rant continue.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over, over, and over again...and expecting a different outcome!
biloxi-indian is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by biloxi-indian View Post
It would not even be fair to pit your experience (you used the term brains) to those of Loomis and Payton. They win by a longshot in this matter! IMHO.

Saints not getting better? That is YOUR OPINION, and I do not share the same opine. This is a differing opinion. As I said, you need to become a more critical reader.

"why are payton and loomis avoiding the major issues?" lolololol Legend, you really need a dose of reality. Loomis and Payton get paid to win games, not avoid problems.

With all due respect...IMHO all this banter would be a moot point if Mount Cody had been drafted at 32 by the Saints as some would have liked!

Oh well, let the rant continue.
you think this has anything to do with cody?

the problem is bigger than a single player

cody is a raven and i dont give a **** about him....you were one of the people that blew my opinion of cody way out of proportion.....i constantly had to defend my opinion of him but there were several options available in arguably the best DT draft in decades and we didnt get any of them

we drafted some LSU kid with questionable work ethic and limited experience in the 4th round......guards and centers go in the 4th round all the time and turn into good starters....they dont go early in the draft because they can be found later

DTs do go early.....as early as #2, #3, #5, #9, and #10

because they have that kind of value

but we didnt get any of the top rated DTs that were available up into 3rd and 4th rounds.....we drafted a DT who many believe would've been available into the 7th round and UDFA

as far as me being a critical reader......make your point evident....instead of just trying to say payton and loomis are smarter than me

your not offering anything constructive......just simply saying "trust payton and loomis"

loomis has been our GM since 2002 and hasnt been a huge success up until these past 4 seasons

payton is an offensive coach and our defense has struggled significantly over the past several seasons, including last year in which we won the super bowl

so should i trust payton with the offense.....heck yea....way to go getting a tackle and a TE.......should i trust him drafting anything other than offense? he hasnt made a big splash yet with anybody he's drafted on the defensive side of the ball.....including sedrick ellis who, many believe, still hasnt lived up to his expectations

so no....i dont trust either one of them with our defensive picks

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #38
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Posts: 1,679
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
you think this has anything to do with cody?

the problem is bigger than a single player

cody is a raven and i dont give a **** about him....you were one of the people that blew my opinion of cody way out of proportion.....i constantly had to defend my opinion of him but there were several options available in arguably the best DT draft in decades and we didnt get any of them

we drafted some LSU kid with questionable work ethic and limited experience in the 4th round......guards and centers go in the 4th round all the time and turn into good starters....they dont go early in the draft because they can be found later

DTs do go early.....as early as #2, #3, #5, #9, and #10

because they have that kind of value

but we didnt get any of the top rated DTs that were available up into 3rd and 4th rounds.....we drafted a DT who many believe would've been available into the 7th round and UDFA

as far as me being a critical reader......make your point evident....instead of just trying to say payton and loomis are smarter than me

your not offering anything constructive......just simply saying "trust payton and loomis"

loomis has been our GM since 2002 and hasnt been a huge success up until these past 4 seasons

payton is an offensive coach and our defense has struggled significantly over the past several seasons, including last year in which we won the super bowl

so should i trust payton with the offense.....heck yea....way to go getting a tackle and a TE.......should i trust him drafting anything other than offense? he hasnt made a big splash yet with anybody he's drafted on the defensive side of the ball.....including sedrick ellis who, many believe, still hasnt lived up to his expectations

so no....i dont trust either one of them with our defensive picks


Legend, you really need to take your meds. Please provide any previous post (other than my previous comment) or evidence of this statement; "you were one of the people that blew my opinion of cody way out of proportion".

So you don't trust Loomis and Payton? That is curious. The only GM and HC to bring a SB to NO and you don't trust them. Laughable at best my friend.

Let the rant continue.
biloxi-indian is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #39
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by biloxi-indian View Post
Legend, you really need to take your meds. Please provide any previous post (other than my previous comment) or evidence of this statement; "you were one of the people that blew my opinion of cody way out of proportion".

So you don't trust Loomis and Payton? That is curious. The only GM and HC to bring a SB to NO and you don't trust them. Laughable at best my friend.

Let the rant continue.
like i said....the offense is great but.....

what have they done to convince you the defense is cured?

and medical history?
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #40
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,192
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Stop the Run!

saintfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts