Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by jeanpierre Apologies for quoting myself, but since the discussion has jumped here, well, here it is... I agree about Snead and Murphy. Snead didn't just play well enough to make the team in the preseason, he was ...

Like Tree16Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #21
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,440
Blog Entries: 2
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Apologies for quoting myself, but since the discussion has jumped here, well, here it is...
I agree about Snead and Murphy. Snead didn't just play well enough to make the team in the preseason, he was our best receiver in camp, other than maybe Cooks. Why on earth is Coleman playing ahead of him? Or Colston, for that matter?

And Murphy absolutely should have seen some third down snaps with Spiller being out. It seems like young guys can't do enough great things to convince Payton to let them loose when it matters. He never trusts them, but he has no problem letting guys who are old and slow, and young guys who HAVEN'T done anything great (Coleman) get all the playing time. That worked out really well today.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 09-13-2015, 08:50 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,643
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
out of curiosity how many yards did we have from those 20 carries?
54!
voodooido is online now  
Old 09-13-2015, 08:58 PM   #23
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 2,193
Blog Entries: 3
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

We are missing coaching and heart. Running the ball so much for wasted downs was a mistake. We should have gone to pass to open the run, but never did. D kept us in the game because of bad play calling on offense, but D should have had 1 of 4 turnovers.
This was not a very good OL, and D could not get much pressure.
Kicker was great.
But realisically the Rams beat the Hawks. Watch that game, because we would have gotten our ass kicked bad. So we are worse than the Rams, because I am not seeing the heart either.
I see a bunch of guys showing up for work on sunday, and not looking to win the Lombardy.
Saints are now being seen as should wins, for other teams, thats how bad its gotten.

Saints proved that pigs could fly in 2009.
Now its time for another miracle SuperBowl and go where no pig has gone before.


Last edited by pherein; 09-13-2015 at 09:03 PM..
pherein is offline  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,102
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

coudnt help but think if we had spiller today and we hit him on the play that ingram went for 59 yards on he would have been gone.

we get healthy and we have a pretty good team.

Cards were 8-1 when Palmer went down last year and finished 11-5. This team is seriously (if healthy) probably SB bound and we hung with them at their stadium. they had injuries to their d too, last year I am talking about
Crusader likes this.

Last edited by spkb25; 09-13-2015 at 09:20 PM..
spkb25 is offline  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #25
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 642
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

Positive:

Swann
Anthony
Unger

Negatives:
D line
Safeties
ENTIRE OFFENSE GAME PLAN
Rsanders24 is offline  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #26
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 26
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

Field goal kicking was stellar. This guy is good and he's cheap.

Breaux played well.

I'm worried about our shots down the field. We can't dink it every play.
clintonrebel is offline  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,440
Blog Entries: 2
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
coudnt help but think if we had spiller today and we hit him on the play that ingram went for 59 yards on he would have been gone.

we get healthy and we have a pretty good team.

Cards were 8-1 when Palmer went down last year and finished 11-5. This team is seriously (if healthy) probably SB bound and we hung with them at their stadium. they had injuries to their d too
They were 8-1 before Palmer's injury, but it was still mostly on defense. Without Palmer they simply had zero offense with those highschool QB's.

We made them look much better than they are, in my opinion. There was no better example of that than the lack of pass rush against that horrible offensive line they have. I can't really give our D a pass on this one. We didn't score many points, but we held the ball long enough to give them rest. Our offense failed consistently to finish. And I blame it on bad throws, bad drops and bad play-calling.

I'm never a happy camper after a loss, but I usually stay off the boards til the next day to cool down. But the things I saw today can't be over-stated, regardless of how irritated I may be. It really was just a weak performance on every level. We'll get better, I think, but we look further off from contention than I originally thought.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #28
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,102
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
. We'll get better, I think, but we look further off from contention than I originally thought.
HA, so funny how we see things completely different. Last year we provided such a lack of effort I loved our fight. I didn't think we would be this good...

Now everything has to be taken into account with that statement- it means if we continue giving the effort we gave today, Lewis comes back, and our d doesnt play like they did when they let up the first 2 td's.

so we'll see, their oline isn't weak, but they had two rookies starting today and we couldnt get there..that does concern me too. we need lewis and swann starting, in my opin.

Anyway we will see, but I thought we looked headed in the right direction, but we are definitely not heading to the sb, but i never thought we were. we can compete for the division though with everything i said above being taken into accunt

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Lombardi
spkb25 is offline  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #29
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,725
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

Brees had a TD pass
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,440
Blog Entries: 2
Re: A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
HA, so funny how we see things completely different. Last year we provided such a lack of effort I loved our fight. I didn't think we would be this good...

Now everything has to be taken into account with that statement- it means if we continue giving the effort we gave today, Lewis comes back, and our d doesnt play like they did when they let up the first 2 td's.

so we'll see, their oline isn't weak, but they had two rookies starting today and we couldnt get there..that does concern me too. we need lewis and swann starting, in my opin.

Anyway we will see, but I thought we looked headed in the right direction, but we are definitely not heading to the sb, but i never thought we were. we can compete for the division though with everything i said above being taken into accunt
Yeah I'm holding most of my hope on the return of Lewis, Spiller and maybe (huge maybe) Byrd. I just wonder how much even a healthy secondary will do if we can't get to the quarterback. I don't remember reacting so strongly to the first game of a season, but it was the knowledge coming in of how much trouble they've had protecting Palmer that had me thinking we'd get to him a few times. The end result really changed my outlook, but like you said, we'll see.
burningmetal is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/74074-thread-non-chicken-littles.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
A Thread for the non-Chicken Little's This thread Refback 09-13-2015 08:35 PM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts