Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

And so it begins.... Max Unger out

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; This looks like total garbage click bait, but says Mangold to visit NOLA: New Orleans Saints Open Discussions with Nick Mangold – The 5th Tackle...

Like Tree95Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2017, 02:25 PM   #91
Threaded by Papa Voodoo
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,327

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

This looks like total garbage click bait, but says Mangold to visit NOLA:

New Orleans Saints Open Discussions with Nick Mangold – The 5th Tackle
Views: 7307
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #92
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,776
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Well, WDSU (New Orleans) was reporting October return last night...

Foot injuries are tricky; then, Unger would need conditioning as well...
They, like several others, were just regurgitating what Fullacrap threw against the wall.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #93
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,796
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out

Originally Posted by dafyaman View Post
I wouldn't call a HOF RB an unknown quantity. Once upon a time Ingram was an unknown quantity by that logic when we let Bush walk. I think Peterson is here to bridge the gap between this year and next year. Cooks being traded should all but tell you how Payton feels about players who complain about not getting the ball which Ingram has done multiple times during the game on the sidelines throwing fits. It's embarrassing to Payton and the coaching staff and it makes the team look bad.
Ingram was drafted before Bush was let go and Ingram did not replace Bush, Sproles did.
jnormand likes this.
WillSaints81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #94
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,796
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
If they are as desperate as you say, then yes, they had "dibs" (aka cap space, draft picks) to get any of a number of backs. Or are you really insinuating that the Eagles were waiting around for an injury opportunity so they could make a trade?

C'mon Will's brother, reveal yourself

I don't make speculation like this. I was right on the AP rumors but I know nothing about this.
WillSaints81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #95
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 190
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out

Someone throw some Holy Water on Armsteads knees
aquaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:48 AM   #96
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 113
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
It doesn't matter if a player once put up three hundred yards running on top of water. A guy coming back from an injury is just a guy coming back from an injury -particularly one to the lower extremities- until he proves himself for several games. That ain't gonna happen if there's not someone good hiking the ball in the first place. It makes much more sense to sign one of the guys already out there waiting than to trade the only back we know for sure is decent. Plus, Ingram came to the Saints a child. He's grown up quite a bit and hasn't done the tantrum thing in a couple of years now. He keeps running like he did last year and Payton'll keep taking him home for dinner.
Ummm, if I recall he just threw a tantrum last year against the Cardinals because they gave Hightower the TD carriers because it was against his old team. He was on the sideline making a scene and cursing out the coaches. So, no, he hasn't grown up. It's for this same reason Graham and Cooks were traded. I guess I just imagined this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/mark-i...012459044.html
dafyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:01 AM   #97
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 113
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
Ingram was drafted before Bush was let go and Ingram did not replace Bush, Sproles did.
Ummm, didn't Bush get traded the same year Ingram got drafted or do you not remember the infamous Bush tweet after Ingram got drafted.

After the Saints traded their way into the opening round and picked Alabama running back Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush tweeted, Its been fun New Orleans.

How do you not know this as a Saints fan? Obviously Reggie thought he was being replaced and that he was. He was traded that same year to the Dolphins. He could not be the every down back the Saints wanted him to be so they essentially drafted Ingram to be that guy. I think they signed Sproles because Brees wanted him on the team because he knew Sproles would fit perfectly as a pass catching back.
dafyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #98
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 3,577
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out

Originally Posted by dafyaman View Post
Ummm, didn't Bush get traded the same year Ingram got drafted or do you not remember the infamous Bush tweet after Ingram got drafted.

After the Saints traded their way into the opening round and picked Alabama running back Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush tweeted, Its been fun New Orleans.

How do you not know this as a Saints fan? Obviously Reggie thought he was being replaced and that he was. He was traded that same year to the Dolphins. He could not be the every down back the Saints wanted him to be so they essentially drafted Ingram to be that guy. I think they signed Sproles because Brees wanted him on the team because he knew Sproles would fit perfectly as a pass catching back.
Actually, I forgot about it until you said that. Regardless, I don't believe Ingram is on the chopping block. While I agree with you that Payton doesn't put up with attitude issues, the Cards game is the only time I've heard of anything happening.

Second, Bush was traded because he hadn't played a full season since his rookie year and he wasn't as effective in the offense.

I'm not saying there's no way the Saints don't trade Ingram, I'm saying I don't believe they will and I don't believe they'd bring in Peterson as the guy to "bridge the gap". Sorry man. We needed someone to replace Hightower. Peterson is that guy. I'd be surprised if Ingram was traded. Maybe if we still had Hightower and we signed Peterson. But Ingram is coming off his best year as a Saint. He's run the ball well and been effective in the passing game. Trading him without a proper (and reliable) back up plan would just be irresponsible. And IMHO I don't view a 32 year old running running back that has high mileage and is coming off injuries as "reliable".
SaintFanInATLHELL likes this.
jnormand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #99
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 17,004
Blog Entries: 28
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out



jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #100
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 8,003
Blog Entries: 1
Re: And so it begins.... Max Unger out

Originally Posted by dafyaman View Post

It makes sense to trade Ingram for Kelce and the 4th rd draft pick the Eagles got for Eric Rowe that could possibly become a 3rd rounder. I don't think it happens right away because I think they want to see how Peterson looks first. I think replacing our center is more important than Ingram. Without a good line, we won't be able to run anyway.
http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com...-nothing-to-it
ChrisXVI likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/82698-so-begins-max-unger-out.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
And so it begins.... Max Unger out This thread Refback 05-08-2017 07:30 AM 3
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-08-2017 07:21 AM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts