Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Evaluating Coaches

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by AsylumGuido Nope. Not kidding. You slip into the dance and you at least have a chance to take home the prom queen. We couldn't beat Sam Darnold on even his worst day, to close out our wretched ...

Like Tree68Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2023, 06:00 PM   #21
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 967
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Nope. Not kidding. You slip into the dance and you at least have a chance to take home the prom queen.
We couldn't beat Sam Darnold on even his worst day, to close out our wretched season AT HOME, and we don't shake the tree, while other teams are making changes, and we're in for a rough ride. We aren't even dressing to meet any prom queen at this point.
K Major likes this.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs


This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Head Coach Material Last Blog: 11-09-2022 By: neugey


Old 01-18-2023, 06:05 PM   #22
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,243
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
That was only because every team in our division sucked on the same level.

They can't be content with nearly making the playoffs, because the fact of the matter is some very shocking teams beat us.

If they fall into that "we nearly made the playoffs so let's not change anything" then it's going to be rough year after rough year.
I get that. How about changing the QB? That is the single most impactful position on the team. Let's address that. How about changing the playcalling? I addressed that a few minutes ago.

The defense was one of the best in the league, especially down the stretch. That's not easy when your offense is constantly going three and out. If we can get the offense even respectable we can be dangerous again.

I do not believe we are far away. A few less key players sitting on IR or on the bench would help, as well.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:08 PM   #23
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,243
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
We couldn't beat Sam Darnold on even his worst day, to close out our wretched season AT HOME, and we don't shake the tree, while other teams are making changes, and we're in for a rough ride. We aren't even dressing to meet any prom queen at this point.


AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:10 PM   #24
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 967
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post


You're good at rolling your eyes. Must be from all that practice on those silent 5 hour drives home from the dome this year. Brace yourself, next season looks to be a real knee-slapper. That could be dangerous while driving.
K Major likes this.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:14 PM   #25
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,243
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
You're good at rolling your eyes. Must be from all that practice on those silent 5 hour drives home from the dome this year. Brace yourself, next season looks to be a real knee-slapper. That could be dangerous while driving.
*Looking up at the title of the thread*

AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:17 PM   #26
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 967
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
That was only because every team in our division sucked on the same level.

They can't be content with nearly making the playoffs, because the fact of the matter is some very shocking teams beat us.

If they fall into that "we nearly made the playoffs so let's not change anything" then it's going to be rough year after rough year.
Only one team in our division sucked at the same level, or a bit worse than us. The other two teams actually sucked less than us, and beat us TWICE.

We DO fall into that "we nearly made the playoffs so let's not change anything", right after the "this team needs to lose to that team and then another team needs to lose to another team, to give us a chance of limping into the playoffs" period of our season - - - and some are ALREADY making excuses for what could be another really rough year (maybe years) ahead. Fascinating.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:32 PM   #27
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,243
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Personally I'm not expecting another rough year ahead. Looking forward to success next year.
WW_Who_Dat likes this.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:34 PM   #28
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 967
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
*Looking up at the title of the thread*

"Evaluating Coaches" = "Just keep doing what you're doing" = Rough Year(s) Ahead.
K Major likes this.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:44 PM   #29
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,243
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
"Evaluating Coaches" = "Just keep doing what you're doing" = Rough Year(s) Ahead.
Who said keep doing what you're doing? We don't know who all our coaches are yet. We don't know our QB yet. We don't know what adjustments are going to be made. Chill out, dude. You are so full of gloom and doom.

I'm saying make changes to fix this past year. Open up the offense. Make adjustments.

AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:46 PM   #30
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 967
Re: Evaluating Coaches

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Who said keep doing what you're doing? We don't know who all our coaches are yet. We don't know our QB yet. We don't know what adjustments are going to be made. Chill out, dude. You are so full of gloom and doom.

I'm saying make changes to fix this past year. Open up the offense. Make adjustments.

Who said "keep doing what you're doing"? Dennis Allen. That didn't age well.
K Major likes this.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts