Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by AsylumGuido Seeing Dalton's single reads and throw away I can agree to that. Not sure about Stroud, though. Really haven't seen him play at all. At least he's better than Jameis with reads. Purdy is looking "Purdy" ...

Like Tree161Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2023, 09:41 PM   #31
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 33,928
Blog Entries: 29
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Seeing Dalton's single reads and throw away I can agree to that. Not sure about Stroud, though. Really haven't seen him play at all.
At least he's better than Jameis with reads.

Purdy is looking "Purdy" good ! Looks way poised and unrattled, no matrer the pressure.
jnormand, halloween 65 and K Major like this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs


This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Head Coach Material Last Blog: 11-09-2022 By: neugey


Old 01-22-2023, 09:48 PM   #32
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,584
Blog Entries: 3
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post

Purdy is looking "Purdy" good ! Looks way poised and unrattled, no matrer the pressure.
Agreed. Purdy played well. No mistakes. Good for him.

Glad I won't have to listen to the Dallas Superbowl nonsense on the airways any longer.

That Niners defense is legit though.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:51 PM   #33
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 995
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Agreed. Purdy played well. No mistakes. Good for him.

Glad I won't have to listen to the Dallas Superbowl nonsense on the airways any longer.

That Niners defense is legit though.

Cue Stephen A. Smith's Laughter...
SmashMouth and K Major like this.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:08 PM   #34
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 33,928
Blog Entries: 29
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
Cue Stephen A. Smith's Laughter...
Sinner and K Major like this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:12 PM   #35
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 33,928
Blog Entries: 29
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Sinner likes this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:51 AM   #36
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,706
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Not convinced Stroud can read fast enough at the next level . We have one of them already.
What makes you think he reads slow? I believe he was one of the better QB's at not taking sacks. Combine that with 41 passing TDs and only 6 INTs and I'm not really sure how we jump to that conclusion.

I do like Purdy, but my gut tells me he's a game manager on a team that's QB friendly. Excellent running game. Excellent defense. Excellent play designs. Excellent WR's. Excellent TE. Excellent offensive line. Excellent head coach. It's almost plug and play in SF.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:03 PM   #37
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,706
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

My mind says #12. My heart says give me my boy Lamar!
Sinner likes this.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:19 PM   #38
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,423
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
What makes you think he reads slow? I believe he was one of the better QB's at not taking sacks. Combine that with 41 passing TDs and only 6 INTs and I'm not really sure how we jump to that conclusion.

I do like Purdy, but my gut tells me he's a game manager on a team that's QB friendly. Excellent running game. Excellent defense. Excellent play designs. Excellent WR's. Excellent TE. Excellent offensive line. Excellent head coach. It's almost plug and play in SF.
Purdy actually reminds me of Gardner Minshew.
rezburna likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:24 PM   #39
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,584
Blog Entries: 3
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
My mind says #12. My heart says give me my boy Lamar!
I think the Ravens will place the franchise tag on LJ.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:50 PM   #40
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,706
Re: What should the Saintsí plan be to upgrade at QB?

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I think the Ravens will place the franchise tag on LJ.
They better do something. If he hits free agency he's out of there. Somebody is going to back up the Brink's truck.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts