Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; This is my favorite WR in the draft, wouldn't mind trading back into Day 2, pick up an add'l Day 2 pick and taking this guy at the Top of Round 2... Started the video where he's matched up vs ...

Like Tree304Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2020, 12:32 AM   #101
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 31,559
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

This is my favorite WR in the draft, wouldn't mind trading back into Day 2, pick up an add'l Day 2 pick and taking this guy at the Top of Round 2...

Started the video where he's matched up vs THE Ohio State, and well, he snags this with one of the prettiest catches I've seen vs the buckeyes secondary...





Go back to the beginning and watch all the highlights, preferably on a large monitor; This is the closest prospect comparison I could make to Steve Smith in quite some time...

He tracks the deep ball better than anyone in this draft, he's got a gear no one else has, small guy who patiently waits and then opens his catch radius at the last moment...

neugey likes this.

It's not that my way is the right way, I just make the right way my way...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:14 AM   #102
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 31,559
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Love this play by JR as it demonstrates his YAC ability, awareness of the first down marker, and just as quickly gets out of bounds...

K Major likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:08 AM   #103
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,510
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Jalen R is a burner. I'd like him too. "Z" receiver.

What I like about him is that despite his size (5-10, 5'11), when the ball is in the air, he goes and gets it. Something Ginn/Tre hadn't done to help out our QB in 2019.

We need speed & he's a threat. For whatever reason, we kicked Cyril Grayson (ridiculous speed/stretches the field) to the curb.

I'll be honest though, Sean P isn't going to draft this kid. What Brees needs right now is a taller, 50/50 guy who can win most of those battles.
Rell&Gold likes this.

"I know that Drew wants to go Full Legend, and get another big ring before he rides off into the sunset ... and Iíll tell you what: Iím here to help that come to fruition." - Malcolm Jenkins
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #104
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,510
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Ben Bredeson - OG MICHIGAN

For whatever reason, YouTube doesn't like to highlight the big fella's who get it done in the trenches.

He's a mauler and has great hands with technique.

Not a sexy pick but he's a Day 1 starter in the NFL.
jeanpierre and halloween 65 like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #105
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,510
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

I listened at a recent Jeremiah and Brooks pod cast the other day ...

They keep saying how the 2020 WR prospects are far superior to that 2014 Draft class so I went back to look at the names.

Mike Evans
Sammy Watkins
Odell Beckham Jr.
Brandin Cooks
Davante Adams
Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry
John Brown .. most would argue that this list is full of bona fide #1's.

YIKES !!!

Based on years past, one of the 2020 studs could fall to us.

Tee Higgins, Jefferson, Reagor or even CeeDee Lamb. I'd be elated if we got any one of these young difference makers.
neugey likes this.

"I know that Drew wants to go Full Legend, and get another big ring before he rides off into the sunset ... and Iíll tell you what: Iím here to help that come to fruition." - Malcolm Jenkins
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #106
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,866
Blog Entries: 7
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by K Major View Post

Based on years past, one of the 2020 studs could fall to us.

Tee Higgins, Jefferson, Reagor or even CeeDee Lamb. I'd be elated if we got any one of these young difference makers.

I know right? This draft is loaded at WR. We are all going to be so stressed if Payton/Loomis don't draft this position.
K Major likes this.
neugey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #107
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 31,559
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Jalen R is a burner. I'd like him too. "Z" receiver.

What I like about him is that despite his size (5-10, 5'11), when the ball is in the air, he goes and gets it. Something Ginn/Tre hadn't done to help out our QB in 2019.

We need speed & he's a threat. For whatever reason, we kicked Cyril Grayson (ridiculous speed/stretches the field) to the curb.

I'll be honest though, Sean P isn't going to draft this kid. What Brees needs right now is a taller, 50/50 guy who can win most of those battles.
Then we still have the same problem come playoff time - teams that have the DB depth and a four man pass rush will just sit in short, intermediate zone defense with the freak or flex to Michael Thomas...

We've got to stretch the field vertically to open those passing lanes, make the buckets larger for Drew Brees; I mean, it's not like we're gonna line up and smash the ball downfield with our offensive line...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:28 AM   #108
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,510
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Then we still have the same problem come playoff time - teams that have the DB depth and a four man pass rush will just sit in short, intermediate zone defense with the freak or flex to Michael Thomas...

We've got to stretch the field vertically to open those passing lanes, make the buckets larger for Drew Brees; I mean, it's not like we're gonna line up and smash the ball downfield with our offensive line...
"Paging Sean Payton. JP is on line 1 !"

I hear you.
jeanpierre likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:31 AM   #109
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 31,559
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by neugey View Post
I know right? This draft is loaded at WR. We are all going to be so stressed if Payton/Loomis don't draft this position.
Well, depending on how Jalen Reagor shows up at the Combine, ProDay, Personal Interview, my money is on this guy as he's a turn-key option at the WR-Z, what a first round, early second selection should be...

Because of his height, he may still be there in Round 2, so it'd be a helluva gamble to try and pick up another pick; the consensus grading puts him somewhere between picks no. 32 and no. 45...

And KMajor rightfully illuminates that Brees likes those big catch radii of long WRs, which attributes to his accuracy, but if Reagor were 6' 2", doing what he's doing, he'd be a Top 5 pick...

After all is said and done, Payton is a system coach, probably why he's foolishly hung on to Ginn for so long 'cause the only other player with his attributes, we had to trade for Ramczyk, ultimate love/hate move...

It's not that my way is the right way, I just make the right way my way...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:50 PM   #110
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,510
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Daniel Jeremiah 1st 2020 NFL "mock" draft.

Scroll down to pick #24.

Daniel Jeremiah 2020 NFL mock draft 1.0: Four QBs in top 15 - NFL.com
ChrisXVI likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts