Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; WalterFootball.com: 2020 NFL Draft Player Preview: Jalen Reagor...

Like Tree396Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2020, 12:05 AM   #171
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 32,989
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

WalterFootball.com: 2020 NFL Draft Player Preview: Jalen Reagor
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:29 AM   #172
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Medical issues? Didn't realize that. I do remember watching Kenneth getting injured chasing Joe Burrow back in December ..

Does that mean this stud will fall to us?
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:41 AM   #173
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

You simply cannot ignore the one thing Jalen has ... SPEED.

When you read his scout reports, the one word that stands out is THREAT. On any given play he's a threat. A weapon ... something the Saints were short of opposite MT & Cook.

The one knock that concerns me is his route tree ability. At TCU, you really didn't see it very often. Can he be coached up at the next level? Sure you can.

Jalen reminds me a lot of Mecole Hardman KC Chiefs. IMO that would be a very good Saints pick .
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:45 AM   #174
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
That's great, but we've got a big receiver already on the roster in Jared Cook who can split the field with Michael Thomas...

What we don't have is a Brandin Cooks/Devery Henderson/Robert Meachem to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the field, Ginn was overpaid for three seasons to do it...

Make Brees' passing target buckets bigger, and, as an added plus, you afford even more YAC opportunities...

We've got to stretch the field...
I was looking at that 2009 SB Roster at WR ...

Bobby Meach, Dev, Shockey, Lance Moore ...

No wonder we won it all. Weapons everywhere, could get open and guys who had great chemistry together.

MThomas needs help. Hopefully it happens (I would prefer we get one in both) via draft and/or Free Agency.
halloween 65 likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:18 AM   #175
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 5,361
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I was looking at that 2009 SB Roster at WR ...

Bobby Meach, Dev, Shockey, Lance Moore ...

No wonder we won it all. Weapons everywhere, could get open and guys who had great chemistry together.

MThomas needs help. Hopefully it happens (I would prefer we get one in both) via draft and/or Free Agency.
One thing missing now we had then, Brees had the arm strenghth and zip to get it there.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:40 AM   #176
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,670
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
One thing missing now we had then, Brees had the arm strenghth and zip to get it there.
No, we had an O-Line that allowed Bress to step up in the pocket to make that throw. It's hard to make that throw backing up.
Rugby Saint II and K Major like this.
Budsdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #177
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
One thing missing now we had then, Brees had the arm strenghth and zip to get it there.
True.

Here's my counter... get stronger up the middle (GUARD), use more TE sets and improve the WR core with route runners --- (see Jimmy G NFCCG/only 9 pass attempts). We only have one.

The lack of a stout interior line really hurt us in the wildcard game.

A true road grader in the middle changes things.
SmashMouth and dam1953 like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #178
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 5,361
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
True.

Here's my counter... get stronger up the middle (GUARD), use more TE sets and improve the WR core with route runners --- (see Jimmy G NFCCG/only 9 pass attempts). We only have one.

The lack of a stout interior line really hurt us in the wildcard game.

A true road grader in the middle changes things.
I do agree. We need a road grader at G, we need another TE to compliment Cook on 2 TE sets and we need another WR. Add a RB that is a true power back it takes everything off Brees having to go deep. SF had great push up front moving the ball at will against the Slackers, no need to throw. Payton did well with a 3 headed monster at one time but for the life in me want keep feeding a hot hand rb for crap. Brees arm just want get it ALL season like it use to or run so if Brees is behind C Paytons going HAVE to adjust to his weaknesses or it's daja vu. G, TE, and a powerback goes a long way. Ginn does needs to go, but even with a speedster who throws them the ball when they get deep? D's already see this and can play a shorter field. We just need to build a nasty intermediate game and shore a few spots up on the D if it's me.
Rugby Saint II and K Major like this.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:00 AM   #179
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Quartney Davis - Texas A&M WR

Someone to keep an eye on. Probably means nothing but the Saints did take the time to visit with him at the Senior Bowl.
FWIW, he's played on the OUTSIDE and in the slot.

Could be a late round "sleeper" to keep an eye on.

K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:17 AM   #180
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,610
Re: 2020 NFL Draft: Saints Prospects

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
I do agree. We need a road grader at G, we need another TE to compliment Cook on 2 TE sets and we need another WR. Add a RB that is a true power back it takes everything off Brees having to go deep. SF had great push up front moving the ball at will against the Slackers, no need to throw. Payton did well with a 3 headed monster at one time but for the life in me want keep feeding a hot hand rb for crap. Brees arm just want get it ALL season like it use to or run so if Brees is behind C Paytons going HAVE to adjust to his weaknesses or it's daja vu. G, TE, and a powerback goes a long way. Ginn does needs to go, but even with a speedster who throws them the ball when they get deep? D's already see this and can play a shorter field. We just need to build a nasty intermediate game and shore a few spots up on the D if it's me.
Brees did make a nice deep pass in the Pro Bowl game for a long TD.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts