Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; St. T ... Keep an eye out for the kid (WR) out of Baylor .. Denzell Simms . Sound player worth noting & can win a lot of the 50/50 contested catches. In the later rounds I could see us ...

Like Tree378Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2020, 08:15 AM   #241
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

St. T ...

Keep an eye out for the kid (WR) out of Baylor .. Denzell Simms. Sound player worth noting & can win a lot of the 50/50 contested catches.

In the later rounds I could see us taking a flyer on Van Jefferson out of Florida. His stock took a hit (Chris posted a link that he fractured his foot) since he was not able to participate in the combine. IMO the kid runs good routes, has good hands & that's always a plus.
st thomas likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:19 AM   #242
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Denzel Mims - WR Baylor

jeanpierre likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #243
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Alec Olgetree
Jamie Collins ...

Two guys we may target in Free Agency.
jeanpierre likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:32 AM   #244
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 32,905
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #245
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 32,905
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Alec Olgetree
Jamie Collins ...

Two guys we may target in Free Agency.
Collins will be 31yo mid season this year, Ogletree will be 29you at the beginning of the season -I'll take Ogletree in Free Agency, Alex...

In truth, I'd like to have a proven, productive, more durable solution at the Mike, I'd like to see us sign Joe Schobert...
K Major likes this.
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #246
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Collins will be 31yo mid season this year, Ogletree will be 29you at the beginning of the season -I'll take Ogletree in Free Agency, Alex...

In truth, I'd like to have a proven, productive, more durable solution at the Mike, I'd like to see us sign Joe Schobert...
+1.

You've been beating the drum on Joe for a while now. Is he an upgrade over AJ? Maybe we go LB @ #24? Patrick Queen could be there. Local kid, good hips, has good instincts & he's always around the ball.

On the flip side, I don't think we touch a linebacker in the 1st round. Stephone Anthony was our last go at it but unfortunately it didn't translate over to the next level.
st thomas likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:56 AM   #247
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 32,905
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
+1.

You've been beating the drum on Joe for a while now. Is he an upgrade over AJ? Maybe we go LB @ #24? Patrick Queen could be there. Local kid, good hips, has good instincts & he's always around the ball.

On the flip side, I don't think we touch a linebacker in the 1st round. Stephone Anthony was our last go at it but unfortunately it didn't translate over to the next level.
Over Klein? Definitely. Look at the durability and production (won't cite PFF grade ), also Younger, Faster, Stronger, Better...

And he'd be a great quarterback for the defense, freeing up our Rover, Davis, to just ball out even more...
K Major likes this.
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #248
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 32,905
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Have at it...

st thomas and K Major like this.
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #249
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Just my opinion but the Saints O line played better with EASTON at left guard than Andrus Peat ... specifically in pass protection.

Let someone else over pay for an inconsistent lineman. Brees needs another mauler who doesn't get pushed around every other game.

If Brandon gets the tag, I hope we at least reach out to Joe Thuney. IMO he's a major upgrade over Peat.
jeanpierre and Rugby Saint II like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #250
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,097
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Just my opinion but the Saints O line played better with EASTON at left guard than Andrus Peat ... specifically in pass protection.

Let someone else over pay for an inconsistent lineman. Brees needs another mauler who doesn't get pushed around every other game.

If Brandon gets the tag, I hope we at least reach out to Joe Thuney. IMO he's a major upgrade over Peat.
One overlooked aspect of the playoff loss was Peat starting that game. Peat was sidelined with injuries since week 11. Peat got a little playing time in week 17, but the playoff start was his first against real opponents in 8 games. Meanwhile Easton started and our offense was on a roll, all of our best offensive performances came with Easton in the lineup. Somehow Payton thought it was a great idea to put Peat back in coming off injuries and sucking in general, to face one of the best D-lines in football....

Well we saw how that ended, Non-stop pressure in Brees and no holes to run through.
K Major likes this.

The Saints are 0-42 when running the ball less than 15 times in a game.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts