Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Budsdrinker This opinion from a washed out lawyer and washed out college QB As opposed to "EGGSPURTS" Who KNOW ALL Just ask them!!...

Like Tree134Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #111
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,939
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
This opinion from a washed out lawyer and washed out college QB
As opposed to "EGGSPURTS" Who KNOW ALL Just ask them!!
vpheughan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:26 PM   #112
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,141
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

Nothing 'different' as Saints GM wants Brees back - NFL.com
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:18 PM   #113
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,357
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

duplicate post
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:26 PM   #114
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,357
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

As expected. Status quo, so the anti-Brees faction needs to face the fact that he is here for the foreseeable future. He told Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan pretty much the same thing on NFL Radio about 45 minutes ago. They will most likely wait until every other deal is done and adjust Brees' final contract structure to fit sometime late this summer (per me).
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:42 PM   #115
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 33,928
Blog Entries: 37
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

Guessing some may argue that Loomis has Stockholm Syndrome...

AsylumGuido likes this.
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #116
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,357
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Guessing some may argue that Loomis has Stockholm Syndrome...

https://twitter.com/WWLAMFM/status/1220106590231109638
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:23 AM   #117
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,824
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I posted the same article weeks ago when the issue first arose. I worked for over 25 years as a data analyst and dealt with data correlation on a daily basis. Part of my job was to keep people from making the mistake of inferring cause based solely on a finite sets of data. These people were usually either misinformed or lazy. Sometimes they were simply dimwitted.

On the other hand, I would at times use this false correlation/cause type of scenario to imply a result that really did not exist. This was usually used in sales and advertising.
I'm leaning towards misinformed because they are lazy. We no longer live in a vetted news cycle, the interwebs has filled the public space with e-pinions from individuals who's goal is not to become a credible information source, but rather to generate the most clicks. What was once space pretty much owned by The National Enquirer is now around every click and scroll and societies gullibility has increased 100 fold.

The whole run=win has been going on here for years albeit in a slightly different form.. Remember 'Ingram needs more carries to run well'? Just the slightest bit of critical thought about that statement should lead you to at least one assumptions if it is true. Ingram will never run well in the first or third quarters because he has not had time to build the mythical 'rhythm'...

Yes, the boiling water in the red kettle is 212F. The water is not 212F because the kettle is red lol.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. ~ Henry David Thoreau
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:17 AM   #118
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 5,397
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
I'm leaning towards misinformed because they are lazy. We no longer live in a vetted news cycle, the interwebs has filled the public space with e-pinions from individuals who's goal is not to become a credible information source, but rather to generate the most clicks. What was once space pretty much owned by The National Enquirer is now around every click and scroll and societies gullibility has increased 100 fold.

The whole run=win has been going on here for years albeit in a slightly different form.. Remember 'Ingram needs more carries to run well'? Just the slightest bit of critical thought about that statement should lead you to at least one assumptions if it is true. Ingram will never run well in the first or third quarters because he has not had time to build the mythical 'rhythm'...

Yes, the boiling water in the red kettle is 212F. The water is not 212F because the kettle is red lol.
I disagree with some of this statement. My work is pretty physical and that mystical rhythm it's not mystical. It's true. Can't speak for other people but I can account for how I feel and perform. And yes one can start off slow and sluggish then the blood really gets to flowing( I'm usually starting to sweat by this time) and this little thing kicks in called adrenaline which really helps to keep up that mythical rhythm you speak of. I'm no work out junkie like most pro atheletes are and can only imagine how strong and alert they become once they find a rhythm but in no way shape or form is it a mystical thing.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:27 AM   #119
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,939
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Guessing some may argue that Loomis has Stockholm Syndrome...

https://twitter.com/WWLAMFM/status/1220106590231109638
The boiling water in the red kettle is 212F. The water is not 212F because the kettle is red.
vpheughan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #120
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 33,928
Blog Entries: 37
Re: Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage?

jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/96811-drew-brees-holding-saints-hostage.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Is Drew Brees holding the saints hostage? This thread Refback 01-15-2020 09:39 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts