Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Same ol'

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by LordOfEntropy Are you serious? You're serious, aren't you? Wow. OK, I'll give you two points. 1) Drew has been to the pro bowl - Brooks has not 2) Drew has a job - Brooks does not Enough ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2007, 09:42 AM   #21
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,240
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Same ol'

Originally Posted by LordOfEntropy View Post
Are you serious? You're serious, aren't you? Wow. OK, I'll give you two points.

1) Drew has been to the pro bowl - Brooks has not
2) Drew has a job - Brooks does not

Enough said.

Do you want more? You don't really want more, do you? Please don't make me start talking about backwards passes, Wonderlic tests, fumblitis, and "I'm a top five quarterback" quotes. Because it's not worth my time. You either already get it or you don't - and if you don't already get it, then no amount of persuading is going to convince you.
So you can't compare two QB's if one has been to the pro-bowl and the other has not? That's interesting...and not true.

So you can't compare two QB's if one is currently on a roster and the other isn't? That is also interesting...and also not true, but carry on.

Oh I get it LOE, and your post is exhibit A. Fact is, Brooks played behind a horrible O-Line too, and you never heard about it...no...all you heard was Wonderlic scores (which make next to no matter) and media quotes which had nothing to do with on the field performance.

Yes, Brees is a pro-bowl QB. No one is arguing that. Point is Brees' performance over the first three games of this season compares to some of the worst I've ever seen by any QB. How about you? Now, since you seem to think Brooks is one of the worlds worst QB's lets compare. Find me three consecutive games where Brooks had a 1/7 TD to INT ratio otherwise I guess you're right and we can't compare...I mean that is what you're saying right?

Buh Bye
saintfan is online now  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 09-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,800
Re: Same ol'

I said comparing Brees to Brooks is ludicrous - and I meant it. And I stand by that - because Brooks is not even in the same ballpark as Brees. Literally. Brooks is unemployed for a reason. He had his chance, multiple chances - and fizzled. It's simply ludicrous to compare them.

I'm not going to argue that Brees has played well. He most certainly has not. And agreed, whether Brees is probowl caliber or not, no one would play well behind this O Line. I don't care if it was Brees, Brooks, Montana, Marino, or God himself.

"Brooks played behind a horrible O-Line too, and you never heard about it" -- tha's because everyone was already busy - busy talking about how STUPID Brooks was. He played like a moron. All the physically attributes in the world, could've been a star - but instead he was hamstrung by a sixth grade mentally-handicapped moron. And I know. I met him. I spoke with him. Not only was he slow - he was a complete mental disaster. A poster child special education. I've encoutered rocks with more intellectual capacity.

And I believe THAT is why you didn't hear about the O Line in his day.

Please.... let this topic die. We'll have to agree to disagree. This is getting old.

can anyone help me id this tune? it goes thwap thwap boom tch boom tch boom tch.

Qui a laissez sortir les chiens!
LordOfEntropy is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 12:46 PM   #23
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 13
Re: Same ol'

I see your point 12 guage. It is not a comparison of Brooks and Brees as QB's, it is the contrast of how the fans react to similiar stimuli. It is what it is....
Tony180a is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,458
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Same ol'

Originally Posted by LordOfEntropy View Post
I said comparing Brees to Brooks is ludicrous - and I meant it. And I stand by that - because Brooks is not even in the same ballpark as Brees. Literally. Brooks is unemployed for a reason. He had his chance, multiple chances - and fizzled. It's simply ludicrous to compare them.

I'm not going to argue that Brees has played well. He most certainly has not. And agreed, whether Brees is probowl caliber or not, no one would play well behind this O Line. I don't care if it was Brees, Brooks, Montana, Marino, or God himself.

"Brooks played behind a horrible O-Line too, and you never heard about it" -- tha's because everyone was already busy - busy talking about how STUPID Brooks was. He played like a moron. All the physically attributes in the world, could've been a star - but instead he was hamstrung by a sixth grade mentally-handicapped moron. And I know. I met him. I spoke with him. Not only was he slow - he was a complete mental disaster. A poster child special education. I've encoutered rocks with more intellectual capacity.

And I believe THAT is why you didn't hear about the O Line in his day.

Please.... let this topic die. We'll have to agree to disagree. This is getting old.

No back during that time there were several people here, well not many but there were a few of us screaming it was the Lines and the JERKS only wanted to blame brooks and not look at the big picture. Now that there QB is looking shell-shocked the same way Brooks looked at times they want to put the blame else where. But I am here to tell you back then we have O LINE problems and we still do.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Same ol'

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
No back during that time there were several people here, well not many but there were a few of us screaming it was the Lines and the JERKS only wanted to blame brooks and not look at the big picture. Now that there QB is looking shell-shocked the same way Brooks looked at times they want to put the blame else where. But I am here to tell you back then we have O LINE problems and we still do.
Yeah, but at least we don't have to look at his stupid assed grin when he screwed up. Good ridance to AB. He doing well now, he's flipping burgers with Elvis.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 05:14 PM   #26
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,458
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Same ol'

I don't know I recall in another thread someone pointing out after the tampa game Brees and a grin and talking it up with the bucs.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Same ol'

After the game is one thing, during what is supposed to be the heat of battle is another.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #28
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,387
Re: Same ol'

... why am I getting into this .... why am I getting into this...

...oh well...

What really started the criticism of Brooks -leadership- was what he said after Turley came to his aid in the Jets game. Heavy criticism on his play didn't really start until the 2002 season, and it started mainly because he had all the physical skills you could ask for in a QB, but didn't know how to use them to effectively be a QB in the NFL. Just imagine if Brees was 6'4" and could launch it 70 yards off his back foot...

... and as usual, at one point it turned into a racial thing, because some black people cannot stand hearing any white people criticizing a brotha, because that's racist, ya know? White people should not even look funny at black people , because that's racist. If you are white, you are supposed to say only good things about back pleople, and forgive black people of any wrongdoing, because they are black.

... myself, I am going to see how this season turns out, before I start making any comments about Drew Brees. After all, he's played 21 games as a Saint, and Brooks had 5 years.
"Yeah, but Brooks is black, TR"..
Oh, my bad. In that case... The ***** set him up!!!!!

La neta es chida, pero inalcanzable
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,800
Re: Same ol'

Originally Posted by JOESAM2002 View Post
he's flipping burgers with Elvis.
ROFL

I wouldn't want that burger. I'm sure it's been fumbled to the floor multiple times.
LordOfEntropy is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #30
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,240
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Same ol'

Originally Posted by LordOfEntropy View Post
I said comparing Brees to Brooks is ludicrous - and I meant it. And I stand by that - because Brooks is not even in the same ballpark as Brees. Literally. Brooks is unemployed for a reason. He had his chance, multiple chances - and fizzled. It's simply ludicrous to compare them.

I'm not going to argue that Brees has played well. He most certainly has not. And agreed, whether Brees is probowl caliber or not, no one would play well behind this O Line. I don't care if it was Brees, Brooks, Montana, Marino, or God himself.

"Brooks played behind a horrible O-Line too, and you never heard about it" -- tha's because everyone was already busy - busy talking about how STUPID Brooks was. He played like a moron. All the physically attributes in the world, could've been a star - but instead he was hamstrung by a sixth grade mentally-handicapped moron. And I know. I met him. I spoke with him. Not only was he slow - he was a complete mental disaster. A poster child special education. I've encoutered rocks with more intellectual capacity.

And I believe THAT is why you didn't hear about the O Line in his day.

Please.... let this topic die. We'll have to agree to disagree. This is getting old.
You said it, and you meant it. Yippie for you! I wonder if by 'fizzled' you mean, oh, I don't know, something like the way Brees is playing at the moment?

Now, would you compare Brees to Marino? Careful, cause the 'ol wonderlic argument will bite you square on the 'ol buttocks, you know?

You say Brooks was 'STUPID' based on your opinion of him when you met him. Wonder what he thought of you...or did you have the Brass One's at that moment to tell him how you feel...or did you shake his hand? Why might I think of you pending your answer? Makes me wonder...but I bet I know.

Still waiting on you to answer a simple question: Did Brooks ever have three games as bad as Brees' last three...or maybe even 4 counting the Chicago game last year? Never you mind, because we all know the answer.

You do know Brooks led the team to an AVERAGE of 29 points a game in his second to last year here don't you? Not too shabby for a, um...'MORON'. Stupid is as Stupid does eh? Our defense cost us that season, plain and simple, and yet you guys...and yes you were one of them...consistently redirected the issue to the QB.

Keep in mind, I'm not calling out Brees. I'm a fan of the man. See, I recognize there are many factors that reflect the play of a given player. Some don't. No problem. And that, my friend, is what's really ludicrous.
saintfan is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts