Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; F***ing joke...

Like Tree283Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2022, 06:33 PM   #81
Threaded by TheOak
10000 POST CLUB
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 18,868

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

F***ing joke
Views: 5024
Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs


This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Head Coach Material Last Blog: 11-09-2022 By: neugey


Old 11-27-2022, 06:36 PM   #82
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,022
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Allen is at fault for the missed FG too.
Boston Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:43 PM   #83
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,022
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Oh, I see Jerry Rice was there to be honored. No chance they were gonna let us win.
jnormand and SmashMouth like this.
Boston Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:00 PM   #84
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,423
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by Boston Saint View Post
Allen is at fault for the missed FG too.
No, that and the fumbles are all on Loomis.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:47 AM   #85
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Patterson, LA
Posts: 1,694
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

I get that alot of this crap is self inflicted by the players, but I'm also thinking that just the presence of a coach that is respected/feared has alot to do with this also.
Sure DA is respected, but going from a proven coach forged with fire from many battles having to outwit the enemy can will a team to victory in close qtrs.
Payton tasted blood like a wild dog on the sidelines and it made the troops ready for War!
I'm very frustrated along with many.
Watching this thing fall apart is tough man.

DA will more than likely get another year..
It just doesn't look good and hard to witness tbh.

Truly disgusted and can't put my finger on it besides the obvious.

Just trying to keep things within reason I guess.

This sucks but it still ain't over..


Boo-Dat
Rugby Saint II likes this.

\m/{×.#}\m/
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 08:43 AM   #86
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 18,868
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I get that alot of this crap is self inflicted by the players, but I'm also thinking that just the presence of a coach that is respected/feared has alot to do with this also.
Sure DA is respected, but going from a proven coach forged with fire from many battles having to outwit the enemy can will a team to victory in close qtrs.
Payton tasted blood like a wild dog on the sidelines and it made the troops ready for War!
I'm very frustrated along with many.
Watching this thing fall apart is tough man.

DA will more than likely get another year..
It just doesn't look good and hard to witness tbh.

Truly disgusted and can't put my finger on it besides the obvious.

Just trying to keep things within reason I guess.

This sucks but it still ain't over..


Boo-Dat
It is a little more fundamental than that. You are taking a defensive checker player and trying to win an offensive chess match... Square peg, round hole.

I said it the day he was promoted, that promotion weakened both our offense and defense.
Rugby Saint II and Pete like this.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 08:49 AM   #87
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,706
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
It is a little more fundamental than that. You are taking a defensive checker player and trying to win an offensive chess match... Square peg, round hole.

I said it the day he was promoted, that promotion weakened both our offense and defense.
Agreed. And they’re talking about giving him a second year for what? I’m questioning all the higher ups now, including Gayle Benson and Mickey Loomis. If this is how Mrs. Benson is going to allow this team to be run then she needs to give up the reigns to a New Orleanian that really wants to win.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:05 AM   #88
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,143
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

The team is just missing a QB to lead them. I don't like Allen as HC but this could easily be a good football team if we got some offense going. I can't blame him for any of that therefore I don't believe we can fire him.
leilung likes this.
hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #89
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,706
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by hitta View Post
The team is just missing a QB to lead them. I don't like Allen as HC but this could easily be a good football team if we got some offense going. I can't blame him for any of that therefore I don't believe we can fire him.
I can't give him that out. The Redskins are winning with Taylor Heineke. The Jets have a winning record with Zack Wilson starting most of their games. The Titans continue to win with Ryan Tannehlll at the helm. The Giants have Daniel Jones. The 49ers have Jimmy Garoppolo. Dennis Allen is just a bad coach.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:11 AM   #90
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 18,868
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
Agreed. And they’re talking about giving him a second year for what? I’m questioning all the higher ups now, including Gayle Benson and Mickey Loomis. If this is how Mrs. Benson is going to allow this team to be run then she needs to give up the reigns to a New Orleanian that really wants to win.
The reasons he will get a second year have very little to do with him. A short list of what will be stated as reasons, none of which are valid for the reasons I will add..

- He doesn't have his own people. (Because he didn't put them in place, strike 1.)

- An executive or two signed off on him as a HC. (No one that was instrumental in installing him wants to go after the end of the season so they will rationalize to Mrs. Benson reasons why he should get a second year then put pressure on him to perform to save their jobs.)

- The media, starving for something to talk about, will rally to his side with the "you cant fire someone after just one season BS". (This is only valid if Dennis Allen would have started to rebuild in the off season; he didn't, that window is closed since his first choice was the wrong choice.. Strike 2)

- He made a second year a condition of accepting the HC position. (Because I would have and if he didnt, he really needs to go now mid season because he is truly a checker player and cant see 2 feet in front of himself).

I remember the threads vividly with many people hanging their hat on Dennis Allen because he meant continuity.. Ignoring the glaring performance and talent issues.

There is always the possibility (didn't say probability) that this was orchestrated to give Sean a year off and he returns and Dennis resumes his Defensive role. On a certain level, I do not buy any of this bull****. I am supposed to believe that Sean Payton, the quintessential chess player, woke up on a Saturday morning and said f*** it, I am done. I am supposed to believe that after 15 years of working very closely together through a lot of BS (Bountygate/Vicodin/Loss of Tom), Mickey Loomis didn't know it was coming?

A $3.5BN franchise does not exist without very painstakingly developed succession plans for each and every critical position. If it does, the entire executive level needs to be on the curb by noon.
SmashMouth and rezburna like this.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. ~ Henry David Thoreau
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts