Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by K Major Speaking of veteran cornerbacks ... My hope is that the Saints brain trust find a way to retain the services of Jack Rabbit Jenoris Jenkins this off season. Well, he's under contract through the end ...

Like Tree378Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 10:48 AM   #111
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 33,173
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Speaking of veteran cornerbacks ...

My hope is that the Saints brain trust find a way to retain the services of Jack Rabbit Jenoris Jenkins this off season.
Well, he's under contract through the end of this season when he'll be 32yo in October at a cap hit of $10.5mil, so for a very good CB2, that seems right...

Know some of you already know me, but when I RT (retweet) or share stories, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm advocating, often just simply sharing for context...
st thomas likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #112
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 6,850
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Well, he's under contract through the end of this season when he'll be 32yo in October at a cap hit of $10.5mil, so for a very good CB2, that seems right...



Know some of you already know me, but when I RT (retweet) or share stories, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm advocating, often just simply sharing for context...


Yea rite, whatís our cap no#s JP


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #113
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 33,173
Blog Entries: 37
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

st thomas likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #114
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 6,850
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints



Wow, under 10 mil. I saw Houston has 58mill to spend wtf are we doing wrong Houston won there division 4 of last 5 years went further in the playoffs than we did last year. And we are always stumped for cash.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #115
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,763
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Not to mention that he'd probably need a cruise ship to move them all. He has like what 15 kids?
Nine.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:17 AM   #116
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,763
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
Wow, under 10 mil. I saw Houston has 58mill to spend wtf are we doing wrong Houston won there division 4 of last 5 years went further in the playoffs than we did last year. And we are always stumped for cash.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was an article i saw recently showing how we could easily free up $54 million in 2020 cap. It does involve Brees staying active, however. Cap space is not an issue.
st thomas likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:18 AM   #117
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 6,850
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
There was an article i saw recently showing how we could easily free up $54 million in 2020 cap. It does involve Brees staying active, however. Cap space is not an issue.


Letís do it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #118
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,763
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
Letís do it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would only be done on an as needed basis. It basically means that cap shouldn't be an obstacle in free agency. Value, however, is another matter. Some teams are willing to overpay for a FA they dearly want.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:27 AM   #119
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 6,850
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
It would only be done on an as needed basis. It basically means that cap shouldn't be an obstacle in free agency. Value, however, is another matter. Some teams are willing to overpay for a FA they dearly want.


Always believed in building thru the draft with a special pick up here and there on a up and comer like demario Davis .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rugby Saint II likes this.
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:15 PM   #120
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Cut Kiko ...

Saints need to do what they need to do and retain Janoris. Solid, consistent #2 corners are difficult to find at this level. Would much rather retain his services than potentially over paying lesser #2 corners.

I'm pushing all my chips to the center of the table.

Imagine losing Jack Rabbit, Apple & PJ this off season. Suddenly#2 CB position becomes a real issue.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts