Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; This just is not good. No matter if it is CNN, Fox News , or AP running with this story. I agree with Jay. Just point blank, no. N.O. Saints organization of Pr and legal people should not have been ...

Like Tree72Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2020, 03:01 AM   #41
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,583
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

This just is not good.

No matter if it is CNN, Fox News , or AP running with this story.

I agree with Jay.

Just point blank, no.
N.O. Saints organization of Pr and legal people should not have been involved in this .
Bensons should have used people not employed in their sports franchise.

Next, because of their sports franchisees, they just should have not been involved in this.

Sorry church. I have no advice.
jeanpierre, skymike and Beastmode like this.
OldMaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:53 AM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,800
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

But, in this instance, when heinous crimes are committed by predators of children, the demand of the public wanting immediate transparency would be genuine, albeit a rare genuine moment...

Where was all this "Public Demand" prior to this hitting the fan?

These allegations against the church weren't "born" with this story.

Where was the Public Outrage?

I'm curious as to how the "24" were able to obtain these "Emails" Is there a "Victims Support Clearing House"?

Call 1-800-IAM-TOOO and obtain all the "Evidence" you need!!

Think about it.
AsylumGuido and skymike like this.
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:48 AM   #43
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 8,857
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

Louisiana lawmakers wanted to pull state funding and tax breaks for the Saints because players kneeled for the national anthem lol.

Wonder if they’ll show one ounce of the same outrage over the team helping the church do PR.
ChrisXVI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:08 AM   #44
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,020
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
We all Know the AP never looks for any clicks.
NOPE. If this story is about the Atlanta Falcons, the AP is Still Full O Sh**.
I get that some people believe people who wear suits and talk pretty.
I'm not talking from the Swamp. (not that there's a damn thing wrong with people who live in Swamps) I WORK in the Tower.
The story is slanted.
The title is misleading.
These "24 guys" are on the same team here- these are not independent, exclusive voices; This is one lawyer's pen.
Consulting, esp. if you take into account the Organization's side of this, which adds that they advised full disclosure, does NOT equate with "covering up crime," a deplorable & deceptive word choice here. "
If the PR Office is lying, and directly deceiving an investigation, then fine, fire
the suits involved. No need to mothball the Dome.
It's the AP. They've been attacking the Church for decades, and now they want to drag the Saints organization thru the mud, due to their association.
Did I mention the AP is full of Sh** ?

As with your President, the Show will go on, as the mud flies.
This will just be more ammo, for the haters of both organizations.
But maybe The Saints will win in a Landslide next fall, also. : )
Mike knows of what he speaks. I was there dealing with the AP, as well. Did any of you even read the entire story, every story, non-AP, Saints response? Or did you just go off the AP written headline (title of this thread) that is totally misleading? All the emails have been turned over. It is up to the court to release any that have any real relevance. It's possible the Saints could even be held in contempt if they were to release material being considered as evidence.

Once again, AP =
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:11 AM   #45
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,020
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

Originally Posted by vpheughan View Post
But, in this instance, when heinous crimes are committed by predators of children, the demand of the public wanting immediate transparency would be genuine, albeit a rare genuine moment...

Where was all this "Public Demand" prior to this hitting the fan?

These allegations against the church weren't "born" with this story.

Where was the Public Outrage?

I'm curious as to how the "24" were able to obtain these "Emails" Is there a "Victims Support Clearing House"?

Call 1-800-IAM-TOOO and obtain all the "Evidence" you need!!

Think about it.
The "24" asked for the emails and were given them. Why don't THEY release them? Huh? I'll tell you why. They can't. And neither can the Saints unless the court says they can. It is all about protecting the innocent.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:16 AM   #46
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,020
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
Louisiana lawmakers wanted to pull state funding and tax breaks for the Saints because players kneeled for the national anthem lol.

Wonder if theyíll show one ounce of the same outrage over the team helping the church do PR.
They didn't help the church do PR according to their statement. Their organization was one of SEVERAL civic leaders that were asked their advice about how to handle the publicity. The Saints said all they did was to tell them to be open and transparent. What did all the OTHER civic leaders do or say? Why aren't they being racked over the coals? Huh? Because they wouldn't create as many Associated Press clicks based upon a headline.

That's why.

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:18 AM   #47
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,020
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

Originally Posted by vpheughan View Post
But, in this instance, when heinous crimes are committed by predators of children, the demand of the public wanting immediate transparency would be genuine, albeit a rare genuine moment...

Where was all this "Public Demand" prior to this hitting the fan?

These allegations against the church weren't "born" with this story.

Where was the Public Outrage?

I'm curious as to how the "24" were able to obtain these "Emails" Is there a "Victims Support Clearing House"?

Call 1-800-IAM-TOOO and obtain all the "Evidence" you need!!

Think about it.
It's because there is nothing to the story but a headline.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #48
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,800
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

There are those in this group who claim to know more about coaching in the NFL, running an NFL franchise all the way to being "Legal Eagles" as well as medical experts.

You are FAILING the admitted "just a fan" members of the the group and more importantly the community as a whole.

Stop "TALKING THE TALK" and start "WALKING THE WALK"

Prove you really are the Expert you claim to be or are you simply an EGGSPURT?

IF the upper management of the Saints organization was STUPID enough to have done what is claimed then they deserve what ever they get.
jnormand likes this.
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:26 AM   #49
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,553
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

I hope the Saints name is cleared but the reality is it won't be. It's awful regardless what is in the emails. Should have steered clear away from it; no help, no sympathy and no empathy.

The Church has been doing this for decades. They knew exactly what they were doing. Just like the Saints playbook they have their own playbook dealing with this perpetual problem. They don't even deal with problem, just bury it and move on.
skymike likes this.
Beastmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:47 AM   #50
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 31,658
Blog Entries: 37
Re: Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

Originally Posted by OldMaid View Post
This just is not good.

No matter if it is CNN, Fox News , or AP running with this story.

I agree with Jay.

Just point blank, no.
N.O. Saints organization of Pr and legal people should not have been involved in this .
Bensons should have used people not employed in their sports franchise.

Next, because of their sports franchisees, they just should have not been involved in this.

Sorry church. I have no advice.
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/96880-associated-press-nfl-s-saints-fight-shield-emails-catholic-abuse-crisis.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Associated Press: NFLís Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis This thread Refback 01-24-2020 09:40 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts