Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by x626xBlack I believe in Ingram... but you can expect this reply if it is just the O-Line... PT can do it. The difference like someone else pointed out is when PT is in they have to respect ...

Like Tree37Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,263
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
I believe in Ingram... but you can expect this reply if it is just the O-Line...

PT can do it.
The difference like someone else pointed out is when PT is in they have to respect the screen pass, when Ingram is in 99% of the time it's a run up the gut and defenses know this.
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,630
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
The difference like someone else pointed out is when PT is in they have to respect the screen pass, when Ingram is in 99% of the time it's a run up the gut and defenses know this.
Which I have stated in this thread... And many others... I even posted the stats last week proving it...

Info coming round full circle, at least I know my posts are being read LOL.
TheOak is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,263
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Which I have stated in this thread... And many others... I even posted the stats last week proving it...

Info coming round full circle, at least I know my posts are being read LOL.
I read everybody's comments, just sometimes I forget who posts them and too lazy to go back to give them the credit but you know who you are!
SaintsBro likes this.
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #14
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,630
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
I read everybody's comments, just sometimes I forget who posts them and too lazy to go back to give them the credit but you know who you are!
Trust me.. I understand
TheOak is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,273
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
I believe in Ingram... but you can expect this reply if it is just the O-Line...

PT can do it.
Last two games combined...

Ingram - 10 carries, 22 yards 2.2 average
Pierre - 15 carries, 25 yards, 1.8 average

And as others have said, PT is one of the best RB's in the entire league. And Pierre is used more as a receiver and also on passing downs. PT doesn't face as many 8 man fronts as Ingram does.
Danno is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,630
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Last two games combined...

Ingram - 10 carries, 22 yards 2.2 average
Pierre - 15 carries, 25 yards, 1.8 average

And as others have said, PT is one of the best RB's in the entire league. And Pierre is used more as a receiver and also on passing downs. PT doesn't face as many 8 man fronts as Ingram does.
Ill flip it on you. Pierre is not put in to face as many 8 man fronts as Ingram is
TheOak is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #17
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,273
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by papz View Post
I'm the opposite. It's the system for me.

I do believe in any other system, he's a thousand yard back.
System? Or playcalling? Or how the team is built?

Its no secret our O-line pass protects much better than it run blocks. Maybe that is "system", but I think thats more "style". Maybe we're talking about the same thing but just using different terms.
Danno is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,273
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Ill flip it on you. Pierre is not put in to face as many 8 man fronts as Ingram is
I like your wording better.
Danno is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #19
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

it easy to make runs around the edges in college. the hash marks are spread farther apart and anyone can get 3-4 yds around the corner with decent speed.
Speedy Ron is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #20
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,630
Re: Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
it easy to make runs around the edges in college. the hash marks are spread farther apart and anyone can get 3-4 yds around the corner with decent speed.
As we saw with Bush.. The NFL is a lot faster league. Pure speed doesnt always work.. you have to be able to read, anticipate, and have some patience.
TheOak is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/51354-whats-wrong-mark-ingram-reggie-bush-our-system-visual-proof.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
mark ingram – Topsy This thread Refback 10-02-2012 07:16 AM 1
Whats wrong with Mark Ingram / Reggie Bush In Our System ( Visual Proof ) This thread Refback 10-02-2012 04:45 AM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts