Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by burningmetal It's because the defense sucks and because we can't run that we air it out so much. That makes for lots of yards, and especially the garbage time yards and points. And being in the top ...

Like Tree44Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2016, 08:21 PM   #61
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,144
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
It's because the defense sucks and because we can't run that we air it out so much. That makes for lots of yards, and especially the garbage time yards and points.

And being in the top ten in scoring isn't a big deal. When you look at points per game there isn't much distance from 10 and, say, 16th or 17th in points. An elite offense in today's NFL should average at least about 27 a game. Carolina was 11th in total offense, but led the league in points with over 31 a game. It's amazing what a little balance and sustainability can do for you.
We had virtually no garbage points and garbage yards over the last 2 years. Totally insignificant


And being top 10 in nearly every offensive category tracked in the NFL is definitely a big deal. In fact, we were top 5 in nearly eavery category over the last 2 seasons.

Conversely being dead last in every relevant defensive category is also a big deal.
Danno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:21 PM   #62
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Some enjoy being a fan and simply being entertained. Others enjoy *****ing.
You enjoy *****ing about the opinions of fans. You have a superiority complex. It has nothing to do with enjoying football games. We can enjoy watching games and have opinions. You don't want to question the team? That's you, pal.

But you can't stand on a moral pretense when you are in here condescending to people on a daily basis.
K Major likes this.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #63
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houma,LA.
Posts: 564
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
You enjoy *****ing about the opinions of fans. You have a superiority complex. It has nothing to do with enjoying football games. We can enjoy watching games and have opinions. You don't want to question the team? That's you, pal.

But you can't stand on a moral pretense when you are in here condescending to people on a daily basis.
Preach on my brother I am a huge fan right now we are definitely on the same page here
saintshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #64
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
We had virtually no garbage points and garbage yards over the last 2 years. Totally insignificant


And being top 10 in nearly every offensive category tracked in the NFL is definitely a big deal. In fact, we were top 5 in nearly eavery category over the last 2 seasons.

Conversely being dead last in every relevant defensive category is also a big deal.
There are three major categories. Passing yards, rushing yards and points.

We have sucked at running recently, and we pass 50 times a game. All other stats are pretty meaningless when you are averaging 25 a game. That's all there is to it.

And I'm not sure how you figure we aren't getting garbage yards when we are getting beat up half the year and chunking the ball down the field in the 4th quarter, while good teams are running the clock out.

The defense IS the biggest issue. But it does not wash away the inconsistencies of the offense.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #65
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,144
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
There are three major categories. Passing yards, rushing yards and points.

We have sucked at running recently, and we pass 50 times a game. All other stats are pretty meaningless when you are averaging 25 a game. That's all there is to it.

And I'm not sure how you figure we aren't getting garbage yards when we are getting beat up half the year and chunking the ball down the field in the 4th quarter, while good teams are running the clock out.

The defense IS the biggest issue. But it does not wash away the inconsistencies of the offense.
how many games were we so far behind that we put up tons of garbage yards? Maybe two? Hardly enough to sway season stats
Danno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:34 PM   #66
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,311
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

Originally Posted by saintshrimp View Post
No I'm not saying the offense is bad your missing it.the line play on a consistent basic is bad. The inability to open running lanes. Passing game isnt the issue .
But you keep agreeing with burningmetal who claims the line is horrible.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #67
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,115
Blog Entries: 1
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

The line while not being 06-11 good still gave up one of the fewest sack totals.

It was tied 8th best giving up 32 sacks. Then you consider it threw over 660 times only the Giants,Clowns and Ravens threw close to that and had the same or less given up sack.
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:45 PM   #68
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
how many games were we so far behind that we put up tons of garbage yards? Maybe two? Hardly enough to sway season stats
The garbage yards aren't the only factor. There were at least 3 games where we got blown out. And in pretty much every game they are putting the ball in the air all day long because they can't run and the defense can't stop anybody. It's all the things I've been saying over and over. You have to finish drives better. That's what matters. It's an alright offense. But they can be a lot better.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:47 PM   #69
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
But you keep agreeing with burningmetal who claims the line is horrible.
I'm not claiming anything. The line HAS been horrible. And telling him he's agreeing with me doesn't make your point. Because I didn't say the offense is bad either. I said the line was, and probably still is. And that holds them back.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:48 PM   #70
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houma,LA.
Posts: 564
Re: PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.'

The line is awful. The offensive skill players (qb and wr) are not the issue. They get it done inspite of the line
saintshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/79492-pff-basically-saints-fans-fos-offensive-line-very-good-has-potential-great.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
PFF: Basically Saints Fans are FOS, 'Offensive Line Is Very Good, And Has The Potential To Be Great.' This thread Refback 09-07-2016 06:33 PM 5
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 09-07-2016 11:07 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts