Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Blake is going to get a little lunch money. Twitter...

Like Tree229Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2023, 03:47 PM   #91
Threaded by AsylumGuido
10000 POST CLUB
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Blake is going to get a little lunch money.

SmashMouth and Rugby Saint II like this.
Views: 3382
Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Puck the Fro Browl! Last Blog: 02-05-2023 By: neugey




This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Old 03-07-2023, 03:58 PM   #92
Fan Since 1967
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Nomad
Posts: 7,341
Blog Entries: 3
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

Terrific! Now get a RB at 29 and Hooker in the 3rd! The rest defense!
SmashMouth likes this.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 04:10 PM   #93
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
Terrific! Now get a RB at 29 and Hooker in the 3rd! The rest defense!
Hooker won't be there in the 3rd.
Rell&Gold likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 04:46 PM   #94
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:03 PM   #95
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 34,423
Blog Entries: 29
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
There is no reason why (well, there is with Dennis and Pete) the Saints shouldn't win the NFC South in 2023. At least ON PAPER.

Tampa, Carolina & Atlanta all have serious QB concerns this off-season.

But then again, we allowed a QB with a QBR rating of 2.8 beat us in the dome last season, so...

Injuries WILL happen. This is a violent sport. The key is having QUALITY DEPTH. See Cincy, Philly, Niners, Cowboys, and the Chiefs.
So we drafting Hooker for our backup/future starter... since the Derek Carr deal is really a two year deal at $30 million per year?
SmashMouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:13 PM   #96
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
So we drafting Hooker for our backup/future starter... since the Derek Carr deal is really a two year deal at $30 million per year?
Only if he performs as badly as it appears a few "fans" around here hope. Personally, I am hoping for success for my Saints and a return to playoff football. I am hoping Carr is our QB for most of the next decade because that means we are experiencing that success.

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:37 PM   #97
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,975
Blog Entries: 3
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
So we drafting Hooker for our backup/future starter... since the Derek Carr deal is really a two year deal at $30 million per year?
IMO, I don't think Dennis and co are interested in drafting Hooker TBH.

Especially since so many are anointing Carr as the "savior" @ QB .

I'm ready for the draft though . We have HOLES.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:41 AM   #98
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lafayette, La and Valencia CA
Posts: 826
Blog Entries: 1
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
IMO, I don't think Dennis and co are interested in drafting Hooker TBH.

Especially since so many are anointing Carr as the "savior" @ QB .

I'm ready for the draft though . We have HOLES.
K anointing Carr as our Savior? Not sure enthusiasm and an optimistic outlook for the future qualifies as anointing Carr as our Savior. Being an QB centric league it is hard to imagine that the signing of Carr does not improve the outlook for the team. Most analyst have Carr rate between 10-12 rated QB in the NFL and top 5 in the NFC. How many games over the last two seasons would reasonably have had different outcomes with Carrís level of QB play.

Itís just the other side of the discussion on B&G that signing Carr makes no difference because coaching, roster makeup and cap numbers will doom the Saints organization to mediocrity.

I believe it to be honest opinion and perspective from both sides of the discussion,

Success or continued mediocrity? We will have that answer by the end of 2023.

WhoDat since September 17 1967 in Tulane Stadium when on the very first game in Saints history John Gilliam ran back the opening kickoff for a 94 yard touchdown return. The Saints won that game 27-13. 1 of 80,000+ to witness the start of WhoDat Nation.
WW_Who_Dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:33 AM   #99
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

Originally Posted by WW_Who_Dat View Post
K anointing Carr as our Savior? Not sure enthusiasm and an optimistic outlook for the future qualifies as anointing Carr as our Savior. Being an QB centric league it is hard to imagine that the signing of Carr does not improve the outlook for the team. Most analyst have Carr rate between 10-12 rated QB in the NFL and top 5 in the NFC. How many games over the last two seasons would reasonably have had different outcomes with Carrís level of QB play.

Itís just the other side of the discussion on B&G that signing Carr makes no difference because coaching, roster makeup and cap numbers will doom the Saints organization to mediocrity.

I believe it to be honest opinion and perspective from both sides of the discussion,

Success or continued mediocrity? We will have that answer by the end of 2023.

WhoDat since September 17 1967 in Tulane Stadium when on the very first game in Saints history John Gilliam ran back the opening kickoff for a 94 yard touchdown return. The Saints won that game 27-13. 1 of 80,000+ to witness the start of WhoDat Nation.
It appears that optimism is something that escapes some people, WW. I was in those stands back in 1967 in spirit.

While I was a fan from well before that first game, I didn't get to attend one until many years later.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:01 AM   #100
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 22,072
Re: New Orleans Saints signing quarterback Derek Carr to four-year deal

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
Terrific! Now get a RB at 29 and Hooker in the 3rd! The rest defense!
We need to solidify the O-line with one of our top selections in the draft this year so RB's have holes to hit and Carr has time in the pocket. For me, it's a toss up between DT and OG with our first pick in the draft this year but, as you pointed out, we need a RB too.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts