New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season? (https://blackandgold.com/saints/98423-survey-you-going-watch-saints-season.html)

WillMacKenzie 07-06-2020 04:12 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Goodell is going down!

AsylumGuido 07-06-2020 04:31 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillMacKenzie (Post 891971)
Goodell is going down!

I wish. But as long as the owners love him he's going nowhere. The league continues to set earnings marks every year. With COVID coming into play this year in game revenues will be down, but what should be record broadcast numbers he'll likely cement his job for as long as he wants it. I'll never forgive him for the witch hunt of 2012, but he has been driving the Brinks truck loaded with dollars for years now.

Danno 07-06-2020 05:08 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Srgt. Hulka (Post 891967)
I'm sad to say that I will not be watching this year. This has been building for years. Roger Goodell is a cancer for the NFL and he can't be gone soon enough. This is the last straw for me. I had a whole bunch of stuff typed up on this subject, but I deleted it. It's probably best left unsaid.

Well said. I'm not watching because it just isn't enjoyable to watch anymore.

The misguided racial politics added in is simply the final straw.

AsylumGuido 07-06-2020 05:25 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 891983)
Well said. I'm not watching because it just isn't enjoyable to watch anymore.

The misguided racial politics added in is simply the final straw.

So, you suddenly do not enjoy the game of football any longer? That's sad. I still get tons of enjoyment out of the game. You see, I approach it as simple entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less.

ChrisXVI 07-06-2020 07:15 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Iíll probably watch, but I have to say that with the treasure trove of full games on YouTube... Iíve been getting my fix and losing a lot of interest in current NFL.

AsylumGuido 07-07-2020 09:40 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI (Post 891997)
Iíll probably watch, but I have to say that with the treasure trove of full games on YouTube... Iíve been getting my fix and losing a lot of interest in current NFL.

I just cannot enjoy those "youtube" games, Chris. There's no suspense. On the other hand, I can watch the two worst teams in the league play live on TV and be totally entertained. I am starved for real live NFL right now and, as usual, I probably won't be able to get enough. When you get my age the seasons fly past so fast.

skymike 07-08-2020 10:34 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 891983)
Well said. I'm not watching because it just isn't enjoyable to watch anymore.

The misguided racial politics added in is simply the final straw.

Its practically unwatchable now... Guido keeps asking "you mean you really dont like to watch football anymore?" No, I dont like watching MODERN football. The game's pace is horrible. The rules are stupid. You cant even kick a normal extra point anymore. Endless change, and weird stuff. Every play is an interpretation. ENDLESS CRAP AND GRAPHICS to block your view of the actual game.... I'm dying of GRAPHICS. Do you know what the lettering was like in the 70s? CLEAR! You could see the game through the score.

You spend most of the day waiting for replay refs to make a decision. The uniforms are stupid. They keep moving to different cities. PSL's, endless talk about "safety," and endless commercials, and now "social justice" b*llsh*t. Its not Football anymore.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI (Post 891997)
Iíll probably watch, but I have to say that with the treasure trove of full games on YouTube... Iíve been getting my fix and losing a lot of interest in current NFL.

Watch those old games from the 70s and you'll realize this isnt even the same game anymore.
Every player is a character. The announcers are more interesting, the fans have SIGNS everywhere. They probably got in for $15.
The uniforms are 100 times cooler. The cheerleaders are nearly naked, the commercials are golden. The Rules are Normal. THERE IS 80% LESS CRAP ON THE SCREEN--- you can actually see grass and helmets and the game. I cant come back to this decade, after watching what we once had. You've furthered my point.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 891962)
I think there were five absolutely not watching the NFL. Maybe six. ...

no, no, no, b*llsh*t ! you started this thing, and when it looked like I was a lone wolf, you posted two poster's names and had a running total of 2, to emphasize your counter point...

Cmon, Guido, finish what you started, if nothing else, to show your honesty to your detractors...

You can even list the people who say they ARE watching football, if it makes
your argument look better, but...

Give us the roll call vote and results. I want to see.

Put me down for No.

AsylumGuido 07-08-2020 11:11 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skymike (Post 892145)
Its practically unwatchable now... Guido keeps asking "you mean you really dont like to watch football anymore?" No, I dont like watching MODERN football. The game's pace is horrible. The rules are stupid. You cant even kick a normal extra point anymore. Endless change, and weird stuff. Every play is an interpretation. ENDLESS CRAP AND GRAPHICS to block your view of the actual game.... I'm dying of GRAPHICS. Do you know what the lettering was like in the 70s? CLEAR! You could see the game through the score.

You spend most of the day waiting for replay refs to make a decision. The uniforms are stupid. They keep moving to different cities. PSL's, endless talk about "safety," and endless commercials, and now "social justice" b*llsh*t. Its not Football anymore.
Watch those old games from the 70s and you'll realize this isnt even the same game anymore.
Every player is a character. The announcers are more interesting, the fans have SIGNS everywhere. They probably got in for $15.
The uniforms are 100 times cooler. The cheerleaders are nearly naked, the commercials are golden. The Rules are Normal. THERE IS 80% LESS CRAP ON THE SCREEN--- you can actually see grass and helmets and the game. I cant come back to this decade, after watching what we once had. You've furthered my point. no, no, no, b*llsh*t ! you started this thing, and when it looked like I was a lone wolf, you posted two poster's names and had a running total of 2, to emphasize your counter point...

Cmon, Guido, finish what you started, if nothing else, to show your honesty to your detractors...

You can even list the people who say they ARE watching football, if it makes
your argument look better, but...

Give us the roll call vote and results. I want to see.

Put me down for No.

You're down for no. If y'all believe y'all will bring down the NFL with your abstaining then fine. If it makes y'all feel better for not watching then that's really for the best. I'm going to keep rocking my black and gold Saints gear daily and I'll be the watching every snap of our second championship run.

You take care and be safe, Mike.

pinch 07-08-2020 11:35 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
It's not an escape anymore. I get my fill of politics when I drive-by CNN. We all know what's going to happen.

When cancel culture enters the NFL, it's just too sad of a spectacle to watch.

I'm out.

skymike 07-09-2020 12:33 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 892147)
You're down for no. If y'all believe y'all will bring down the NFL with your abstaining then fine. If it makes y'all feel better for not watching then that's really for the best. I'm going to keep rocking my black and gold Saints gear daily and I'll be the watching every snap of our second championship run.

You take care and be safe, Mike.

I've said before, I dont care if it "takes down" the NFL, and I"m not sure whether it will or not.

I just personally dont feel the Love I once had for it anymore. I am no longer able to care, and I've lost interest.

Try to get along with people here, ok? lol. I'll always have a place in my heart for Ark-La-Tex Saints fans. I remember that sh**ty picture, and turning my antenna, with vise grips, from my house on Toledo Bend, just happy, if I could actually see the ball. Only to find out the CBS affiliate was showing the Cowboys. I wont forget.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com