New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season? (https://blackandgold.com/saints/98423-survey-you-going-watch-saints-season.html)

AsylumGuido 07-01-2020 07:12 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skymike (Post 891640)
LOL. Im glad you've embraced your "privilege," Beast.
I wish i could still get into football, for real.
ya durn hippies. both of yous.
Its funny, I often hung out with the "heads" in school. most of them have no idea i didnt partake. wasnt my thing....

I actually hung out with the geeks, or nerds, in high school. A preacher's son, the four of us who knew how to use the teletype to program Basic back in 1974-75 and the #1 and #2 ranked students in the entire school (who married upon graduation). I went "hippy" in college around the same time I got into photojournalism.

Rugby Saint II 07-01-2020 10:01 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 891643)
I actually hung out with the geeks, or nerds, in high school. A preacher's son, the four of us who knew how to use the teletype to program Basic back in 1974-75 and the #1 and #2 ranked students in the entire school (who married upon graduation). I went "hippy" in college around the same time I got into photojournalism.

So, photojournalism is a gateway drug? Hmmmm…….:beatnik:

AsylumGuido 07-01-2020 10:15 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II (Post 891652)
So, photojournalism is a gateway drug? Hmmmm…….:beatnik:

I suppose so. It sidelined my first attempt at college, that's for sure. It's hard to make it to classes when you are shooting ACC football, basketball, baseball, swimming, volleyball, soccer, wrestling, and, not to mention, concerts seven days a week.

iceshack149 07-01-2020 11:31 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmode (Post 891636)
I'm woke now. I'll be watching. I finally accepted I was wrong to call Tracy Chapman Buckwheat when I was 15 but I was an immature child. I have grown to appreciate her music. Guilty as charged. Take it or leave it. Time to play some football. Cats in the cradle...all that s!@$ whatever.

Cancel him!!

I didn't call Tracy Chapman Buckwheat but I did have discussions with my friends about whether the singer was male or female.

I assumed a person's gender in the 80's.

Cancel me!!

WillMacKenzie 07-01-2020 12:30 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
I never had a fast car.

iceshack149 07-01-2020 12:42 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillMacKenzie (Post 891671)
I never had a fast car.

I had a 1987 SS Monte Carlo. That was a fast car. Problem was, I vacillated and ended up livin' and dyin' this way rather than leaving that night.

Beastmode 07-01-2020 12:52 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iceshack149 (Post 891666)
Cancel him!!

I didn't call Tracy Chapman Buckwheat but I did have discussions with my friends about whether the singer was male or female.

I assumed a person's gender in the 80's.

Cancel me!!


Nevermind. I'm working on a covid 19 mask with an imprint of Rock's chin from the movie Mask on it. It's taking two mask to get it all on there.

lynwood 07-02-2020 07:57 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Not that enthused with watching any sport at the moment. The NFL has been creating these story lines that create controversy and a soap opera environment for awhile. Bad referee calls, politics, ridiculous amount of commercial breaks have been injected into the game for the last few years. I'd have to watch the game missing the Anthem and with the sound turned off to not get spun into any controversy or topic of the day. The NFL has become less sport and more "entertainment". So I can't say I will watch any game with certainty this year. I might peak my head in every once in a while out of morbid curiosity but all i'll have to do is probably look at one of the news channels to see that somewhere between a controversy and a political statement, a game was played.

frydaddy 07-02-2020 10:13 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lynwood (Post 891696)
Not that enthused with watching any sport at the moment. The NFL has been creating these story lines that create controversy and a soap opera environment for awhile. Bad referee calls, politics, ridiculous amount of commercial breaks have been injected into the game for the last few years. I'd have to watch the game missing the Anthem and with the sound turned off to not get spun into any controversy or topic of the day. The NFL has become less sport and more "entertainment". So I can't say I will watch any game with certainty this year. I might peak my head in every once in a while out of morbid curiosity but all i'll have to do is probably look at one of the news channels to see that somewhere between a controversy and a political statement, a game was played.

This perfectly sums up how I feel about it.

lynwood 07-02-2020 07:07 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Ok I’m done. Black national anthem was the final straw. Too much pandering and politics. It’s not sports anymore but Entertainment. I’ll watch college.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com