New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season? (https://blackandgold.com/saints/98423-survey-you-going-watch-saints-season.html)

Rugby Saint II 07-21-2020 02:46 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 892700)
Brees still considers him a friend. That's good enough for me.

:bng:

I'm not really trying to debate the point but I'm not sure if they will ever be close friends. Drew is arguably trying hard to make things right. But I just can't imagine someone bad mouthing me in public then buddying up to me when he got his way. It's obvious that they are team mates who want to win. But will they ever be close team mates?

Drew is a better man than I am because I could not let this go after a discussion. However, to all outward appearances it would look like we are fine and would support each other as team mates but I would not have feelings for him one way or the other. He would no longer be a human part of the process but a necessary chess piece.

Somehow I believe that this grievance will truly hurt Drew more than anyone will ever know. He may not have the fierce drive to protect the very people who viciously attacked him(New Orleans). I hope he gets a final season worthy of his HOF success and then moves back to San Diego to raise his family.

I wouldn't blame him if he decided that he could play longer but doesn't want to put in the work for New Orleans.:poke:

AsylumGuido 07-21-2020 03:19 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II (Post 892710)
I'm not really trying to debate the point but I'm not sure if they will ever be close friends. Drew is arguably trying hard to make things right. But I just can't imagine someone bad mouthing me in public then buddying up to me when he got his way. It's obvious that they are team mates who want to win. But will they ever be close team mates?

Drew is a better man than I am because I could not let this go after a discussion. However, to all outward appearances it would look like we are fine and would support each other as team mates but I would not have feelings for him one way or the other. He would no longer be a human part of the process but a necessary chess piece.

Somehow I believe that this grievance will truly hurt Drew more than anyone will ever know. He may not have the fierce drive to protect the very people who viciously attacked him(New Orleans). I hope he gets a final season worthy of his HOF success and then moves back to San Diego to raise his family.

I wouldn't blame him if he decided that he could play longer but doesn't want to put in the work for New Orleans.:poke:

I have a feeling you, and some others, probably took it FAR more personally than did Brees himself. I have been closely following Brees' career ever since Phillip Rivers was "traded" to the Chargers. Having attended NC State I was a huge fan of Rivers, but after learning about Brees and much of what he had overcome even at that point I actively began pulling for him to keep the starting job. I was understandably stoked when we were able to sign him. I've read his book twice. The man is genuine. If he says that he and Jenkins are still friends I believe him. Two intelligent friends talking can overcome much. As Jenkins said they both have Jesus Christ in common and that's what is most important. I seriously doubt what was blown completely out of proportion for some is in any way a factor on his desires to keep playing. Especially after he wins another Lombardi this season. He said he wants to continue playing as long as he enjoys the game and can play at a high level. It's hard not to enjoy playing a game when you and your team has success.

19-0 Baby!

:bng:

AsylumGuido 07-21-2020 03:34 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spkb25 (Post 892712)
Hopefully the entire season ends up canceled. Another nail in the coffin. Get people used to no football, starve the animals. Fingers crossed

Quite the contrary. The season is looking more and more likely by the day. Why don't you crawl back into your hole and let others actually enjoy?

AsylumGuido 07-21-2020 03:52 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spkb25 (Post 892718)
if a comment from someone you don't know steals your joy about a possibility you should check in with Peat about living with fragility

Don't you worry about my enjoyment. I was more concerned about others.

Seriously, why are you always so bitter? Honestly?

shawnkytonk 07-21-2020 06:36 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II (Post 892699)
as far as I'm concerned he's a back stabber.

Can you unpack this a little bit? I'm just curious as to how.

shawnkytonk 07-21-2020 06:40 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spkb25 (Post 892712)
Hopefully the entire season ends up canceled. Another nail in the coffin. Get people used to no football, starve the animals. Fingers crossed

I guess some folks like yourself aren't happy unless they are salty as hell. What's the point of coming here anymore if this is what you really want? Football isn't going anywhere. I guess whiners aren't either.

halloween 65 07-21-2020 09:38 PM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spkb25 (Post 892712)
Hopefully the entire season ends up canceled. Another nail in the coffin. Get people used to no football, starve the animals. Fingers crossed

To be honest spkb it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they did the way this crap is going, really don't seem or feel like football anymore. Feels more like politics and bending over backwards to give a bunch of players with big mouths keeping certain subjects going in the public eye. Total bull....

AsylumGuido 07-22-2020 06:27 AM

Re: Survey: Are you going to watch the Saints this season?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by halloween 65 (Post 892733)
To be honest spkb it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they did the way this crap is going, really don't seem or feel like football anymore. Feels more like politics and bending over backwards to give a bunch of players with big mouths keeping certain subjects going in the public eye. Total bull....

You have every right to tune out. The rest of the world is starving for football right now. I expect you will be tuning in, however, no matter where you think your desire is at this moment.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com