Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by dizzle88 Lol Now people are saying Dennis Allen's D is too complex, eventually you have to look for common denominators as the exact same thing was said about Rob Ryan. Either Payton and the staff are consistently ...

Like Tree63Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2020, 07:53 AM   #41
Threaded by TheOak
10000 POST CLUB
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,864

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Lol Now people are saying Dennis Allen's D is too complex, eventually you have to look for common denominators as the exact same thing was said about Rob Ryan.

Either Payton and the staff are consistently drafting and signing dumb players or Payton himself is the issue.
How would Sean Payton have any hand in D backs not playing the ball and their PI calls?

We lead the league in DPI and not by a small margin.

11- DPI / 244- Yards (Saints)

7 DPI: Second most (Jacksonville)
105 Yards: Second most (Tampa Bay)

Please explain how the above doesn't fall in the Defensive coaching staff?

I heard Brian Grease in the 2nd half say 'Herbert should just throw it up and get the PI that the Saints DBacks are known for giving.'

3rd Qtr first Charger possession (Go back and watch it).. Deep Ball to M. Williams. Two defenders on him and no one but Williams looking for the ball.
gosaints1 likes this.
Views: 1033
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #42
100th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lafayette, La and Valencia CA
Posts: 300
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
How would Sean Payton have any hand in D backs not playing the ball and their PI calls?

We lead the league in DPI and not by a small margin.

11- DPI / 244- Yards (Saints)

7 DPI: Second most (Jacksonville)
105 Yards: Second most (Tampa Bay)

Please explain how the above doesn't fall in the Defensive coaching staff?

I heard Brian Grease in the 2nd half say 'Herbert should just throw it up and get the PI that the Saints DBacks are known for giving.'

3rd Qtr first Charger possession (Go back and watch it).. Deep Ball to M. Williams. Two defenders on him and no one but Williams looking for the ball.
Dennis Allen fail ... the DBs are not in position to make plays Especially the Safeties ... To many switches going on and flat out missed assignments. After every big catch you see our defenders looking at each other ... was that my assignment or was the your assignment ... better take this bye week and rethink what going on here. Offense is not looking great but putting up enough points to win if the defense (secondary) just plays decent.
st thomas likes this.
WW_Who_Dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:30 AM   #43
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 5,200
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
We gave up 20 to a rookie QB. We gave up 20 on the same busted coverages we've seen since week one.

If we don't come out of the bye week with a more cohesive performance in the secondary, good QBs will continue to exploit the weakness and we're at a best a one and done playoff team.

Hopefully an improved pass rush will allow DA to put his players in a better position to succeed.
That rookie just put up 31 on the Bucs and damn near knocked them off for us. Hes got weapons all over the field. Mike Williams is an AMAZING wide receiver. Hunter Henry is a great TE. A nice stable of young backs. Im trynna tell yall, defense isnt anywhere near the issue were making it. The Raiders just put up 40 on the Chiefs and nobody is thinking any lesser of KCs Super Bowl chances.
gosaints1 likes this.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:31 AM   #44
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,967
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post

I heard Brian Grease in the 2nd half say 'Herbert should just throw it up and get the PI that the Saints DBacks are known for giving.'
I honestly think coaches are making this part of their game plan. Just chunk it down the field and its a 50/50 chance its a catch or PI.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #45
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,864
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by WW_Who_Dat View Post
Dennis Allen fail ... the DBs are not in position to make plays Especially the Safeties ... To many switches going on and flat out missed assignments. After every big catch you see our defenders looking at each other ... was that my assignment or was the your assignment ... better take this bye week and rethink what going on here. Offense is not looking great but putting up enough points to win if the defense (secondary) just plays decent.
If you are trying to scheme confusion, you are only a cunt hair from convolution. Dennis doesn't have faith in his players so he tries to out smart opposing QBs.


The result is essentially Lieutenant land navigation.
st thomas likes this.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:36 AM   #46
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 18,682
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
While it does have a bearing on whether a team is successful or not, my stressing over what they do or don't do has zero impact on what they actually do or do not do in the future. That's my point. Why stress over something that you (not meaning you) have no control over.

Win or lose some people fixate on the negatives. From my point of view nothing can be gained by that but increased anxiety. Perhaps others get some sort of pleasure out of it, however. I don't know.

All I said was that coming in here during a game, or after a loss, or even after a win, does not add to my enjoyment of my Saints whatsoever when I am bombarded by pointless (as in they can accomplish nothing) complaints.

I honestly believe that some get more entertainment out of the critique than of the actual games themselves. But, if that's what blows their skirts up, then fine. Just sharing my opinion.

That all said, I'll be seeing very little of y'all over the next ten days or so since I'll be on the road taking in four or five of my son's shows in Nashville and then cruising a bit of Route 66 on a round-a-bout way back home. A good way to spend a bye week.
Apparently you're not familiar with sending good vibes and superstitions.....
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:47 AM   #47
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 204
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
That rookie just put up 31 on the Bucs and damn near knocked them off for us. Hes got weapons all over the field. Mike Williams is an AMAZING wide receiver. Hunter Henry is a great TE. A nice stable of young backs. Im trynna tell yall, defense isnt anywhere near the issue were making it. The Raiders just put up 40 on the Chiefs and nobody is thinking any lesser of KCs Super Bowl chances.
Agreed, pass interference calls though, do worry me. And Ive noticed a lot of deep balls where our corners never once turned their heads in coverage. More often it was because they were playing catch up and not blanket coverage though. Outside of DD#56 our linebackers are as effective as a screen door on a submarine, very very weak.

Im worried about the defense a bit also though. Just too many penalties, too many mistakes. Conversely, on offense, DB#9s arm isnt going to get stronger throughout the year. Bottom line, defense can make the changes needed, offense will always be limited to DB#9s arm strength..., and gadget plays.
gosaints1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #48
100th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lafayette, La and Valencia CA
Posts: 300
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
If you are trying to scheme confusion, you are only a cunt hair from convolution. Dennis doesn't have faith in his players so he tries to out smart opposing QBs.


The result is essentially Lieutenant land navigation.
Exactly ... Lead Follow or get out of the F*&#ing way Allen need to get out of the player F*&#ing way. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result.
K Major likes this.
WW_Who_Dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #49
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,280
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
How would Sean Payton have any hand in D backs not playing the ball and their PI calls?

We lead the league in DPI and not by a small margin.

11- DPI / 244- Yards (Saints)

7 DPI: Second most (Jacksonville)
105 Yards: Second most (Tampa Bay)

Please explain how the above doesn't fall in the Defensive coaching staff?

I heard Brian Grease in the 2nd half say 'Herbert should just throw it up and get the PI that the Saints DBacks are known for giving.'

3rd Qtr first Charger possession (Go back and watch it).. Deep Ball to M. Williams. Two defenders on him and no one but Williams looking for the ball.
My point was more, Payton continually hire these guys that have little track record of success and we expect great things out of them.

Dennis Allen has not been successful in the places he's coached, yet Payton wanted someone he wouldnt argue with every Sunday like he did with Rob.
dizzle88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:28 AM   #50
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 7,007
Re: Saints beat the Chargers in a MNF thriller, regain 1st in NFC South

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
If you are trying to scheme confusion, you are only a cunt hair from convolution. Dennis doesn't have faith in his players so he tries to out smart opposing QBs.


The result is essentially Lieutenant land navigation.

I got to get to the dictionary on this one lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2020 season, chargers, mnf, saints

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts